Chris Getzlaf

Ryan Smith

Alex Hall

Tyron Brackenridge

Tyree Hollins

Paul Woldu

Marshay Green

Anthony Allen

All 9 of those guys would make us a considerably better team. If we don't go hard in free agency this year, I will be extremely disappointed.

They've gone hard in free agency both years under Walters and signed some of the bigger names available. It doesn't mean a damned thing if you can't draft well and can't supplement your free agent additions through your scouting. 

Riders will have 25 free-agents, among them are:

Robb Bagg

Chris Getzlaf

Ryan Smith

Alex Hall

Tyron Brackenridge

Tyree Hollins

Paul Woldu

Marshay Green

Anthony Allen

All 9 of those guys would make us a considerably better team. If we don't go hard in free agency this year, I will be extremely disappointed.

They've gone hard in free agency both years under Walters and signed some of the bigger names available. It doesn't mean a damned thing if you can't draft well and can't supplement your free agent additions through your scouting. 

Rolling out the red carpet for Sam Hurl isn't what I had in mind.

Our drafting hasn't terrible either, although it's too soon to tell, 1st & 2nd year guys starting isn't the norm.

Scouting is exactly the problem, if you can't find them down south then you sure as **** better find them in the free agent market. Ottawa overhauled their offence in one off season that way.

Stanley Bryant was a pretty big signing. Doesn't matter what the bombers do...

But was he really that much of an upgrade over January, I don't think so, nor was Picard an upgrade over Morely. Like I said, it not how much you spend it's about spending it in the right areas. Who was our big free agent receiver signing last year, Wiliams, Ellison, Sinopoli.......oh wait, we picked Darvin Adams off the Argo scrap heap.

Yep... Our Canadian content is a lot better than under Mack. Thas said, it's still need a lot of improvent and it relies on Walters' drafting. They need to put 'attitude' as the very least requirement. 

Our Import talent though needs alot of improvement, this fall under the troika of McManus, Goveia and Morris. Still wish they could have retained Moll.

Robb Bagg

Chris Getzlaf

Ryan Smith

Alex Hall

Tyron Brackenridge

Tyree Hollins

Paul Woldu

Marshay Green

Anthony Allen

All 9 of those guys would make us a considerably better team.

Um, no...

Smith is a good player. Hollins has some potential but he's nothing special at the moment. The rest are retreads at best, far over the hill at worst.

Robb Bagg

Chris Getzlaf

Ryan Smith

Alex Hall

Tyron Brackenridge

Tyree Hollins

Paul Woldu

Marshay Green

Anthony Allen

Um, no...

Smith is a good player. Hollins has some potential but he's nothing special at the moment. The rest are retreads at best, far over the hill at worst.

I wasn't being serious but 5 for sure.

Robb Bagg

Chris Getzlaf

Ryan Smith

Alex Hall

Tyron Brackenridge

Tyree Hollins

Paul Woldu

Marshay Green

Anthony Allen

Um, no...

I'll take Smith and Hall at a decent price but that's about it.

But was he really that much of an upgrade over January, I don't think so, nor was Picard an upgrade over Morely. Like I said, it not how much you spend it's about spending it in the right areas. Who was our big free agent receiver signing last year, Wiliams, Ellison, Sinopoli.......oh wait, we picked Darvin Adams off the Argo scrap heap.

They signed Moore the previous year as a big fish in the free agent receiving pool, and yes Stanley Bryant is a huge upgrade on January. You could include Westerman as a big free agent signing too. The point is that you can't rely on free agency to build a team. You need to be able to scout players because chances are that's your depth and depth was a huge problem for this team. Injuries were impossible to over come. 

They signed Moore the previous year as a big fish in the free agent receiving pool, and yes Stanley Bryant is a huge upgrade on January. You could include Westerman as a big free agent signing too. The point is that you can't rely on free agency to build a team. You need to be able to scout players because chances are that's your depth and depth was a huge problem for this team. Injuries were impossible to over come.

There were plenty of big name receivers available this year, signing Moore 2 years ago is not an excuse to take a pass on them.

iyo, Bryant is a huge upgrade over January or do you have something to back that up with.

Free agency is a huge part of building a team when you don't have a scouting system to rely on like the Bombers

The injury excuse is getting really old, several teams who lost their starting qb are in the playoffs and we are not.

There were plenty of big name receivers available this year, signing Moore 2 years ago is not an excuse to take a pass on them.

iyo, Bryant is a huge upgrade over January or do you have something to back that up with.

Free agency is a huge part of building a team when you don't have a scouting system to rely on like the Bombers

The injury excuse is getting really old, several teams who lost their starting qb are in the playoffs and we are not.

in the playoffs because their scouts did a better job with the depth, why is this argument hard to understand? And yes getting Moore 2 years ago does impact things in the following years. Signed Moore to a big contract, then extended Denmark to a big contract, how much money can you realistically tie up in one position? The free agent receiver moves were Moore and Denmark, they needed the scouts to bring in guys to supplement them and they utterly failed to do that. 

in the playoffs because their scouts did a better job with the depth, why is this argument hard to understand? And yes getting Moore 2 years ago does impact things in the following years. Signed Moore to a big contract, then extended Denmark to a big contract, how much money can you realistically tie up in one position? The free agent receiver moves were Moore and Denmark, they needed the scouts to bring in guys to supplement them and they utterly failed to do that.

Your argument is pointless because the scouting department was just formed and could take years to pay any dividends. That is what happens when you staff it with noobs who are trying to build it from the ground up. Where is Walters supposed to get his talent from, pull it out of his ass, free agency and trades are the only options available to him which is why he has gone that route, why is this so hard to understand???

Two import receivers shouldn't be breaking the bank for any GM, especially the likes of Denmark & Moore. Which was exactly my point, it's not how much you spend, it's how you spend it.

Your argument is pointless because the scouting department was just formed and could take years to pay any dividends. That is what happens when you staff it with noobs who are trying to build it from the ground up. Where is Walters supposed to get his talent from, pull it out of his ass, free agency and trades are the only options available to him which is why he has gone that route, why is this so hard to understand???

Two import receivers shouldn't be breaking the bank for any GM, especially the likes of Denmark & Moore. Which was exactly my point, it's not how much you spend, it's how you spend it.

Just formed like 2 years ago. Walters has been on the job for closer to 3 years than 2, how long does it take to get the scouts doing their jobs? Joe Mack never had this much trouble finding rookies who could play and he didn't have much more time than Walters has had. Maybe, just maybe, we don't have good people in place in the scouting department and that's why we can't bring in players worth a damn at certain positions? 

Or maybe we did bring in good players and our OC didn't want them. It's really hard to say. Seriously bellefool as OC really does make it kind of difficult to judge things on O. They have brought in a few defensive players... so it's not like they didn't find anyone. I'd like to expand the scouting department for sure but really hard to say if guys were given a fair chance with bellefool. The guy has a history of sticking with players he knows. Aaron Kelly comes to mind immediately