Penton: Wade Miller already recruiting assistant coaches for next year

gbill2004

Like our reputation as an organization isn't in tatters enough now, let's add tampering to it by trying to recruit coaches off other staffs during the season. I think I know how would that play out here if we were seriously on a Grey Cup run & another team did that. We'd be livid & screaming that it's wrong & totally classless. 

Yeah, I'm going to reserve comment on this until I know more of the facts. Too easy to look stupid, not that I've made that mistake before, ... lately. LOL!

I do believe it is important to maintain integrity. Integrity is a highly valued attribute in a leader and exponentially so as you climb the ladder.

I'm just wondering if O'Shea will have a comment about it or if he is waiting to view film of the conversation.  :lol:

If you ain't cheating...you ain't trying

The NFL hasn't taken away away Super Bowl rings from the Patriots.

Mentioning to a coach under contract that your OC position may be vacant after the season is tampering?

Yup. The audacity to dare utter a sentence with such loaded words is "might have an opening.." Or "whats your plans in the future" should definitely cost us 5 large and the ire and hatred of the rest of the league for being so underhanded.

iso. What should Miller do? Would you rather Penton writes that Miller is playing a Stradivarius?

Don't contact any team during the season. The season is over in a week. If it's a playoff team wait until they're eliminated or win the Grey Cup. Play by the rules & at least have integrity. Like I said, how would we like it if the roles were reversed? As fans we would be upset. What goes around, comes around. 

If you think that this sort of stuff doesn't go on all the time in this league, you are very naive.   

And you are.... what GM??? You have no clue if it does or doesn't. You just think it does. 

If this was the Stamps doing it, you'd be all in favour and screaming about why Miller and Co aren't. This is why I don't take your bitching seriously...no matter what you rabble rabble about "old school Bombers fan!!11!", you're a Stamps fan first and foremost......

Wow, been on these CFL boards for 15 years & like that really hurts. That sure cuts deep. Like I haven't heard that before. Find that when someone says that to me they really have NOTHING to say. Pretty disappointed Noeller. All the years we've been on this board & the other one I always treated you with respect & never ever once went after you like you just did if I disagreed with anything you said.

If you ain't cheating...you ain't trying

The NFL hasn't taken away away Super Bowl rings from the Patriots.

Mentioning to a coach under contract that your OC position may be vacant after the season is tampering?

Yup. The audacity to dare utter a sentence with such loaded words is "might have an opening.." Or "whats your plans in the future" should definitely cost us 5 large and the ire and hatred of the rest of the league for being so underhanded.

It is SPuDS. You know it. Besides having a coach already in that position before he's fired....

I would really like to see... DC Benevidez, OC Chapsdelaine and ST Dyce here.

Id agree with chaps.. id assume dyce stays in sask and hall/benevidez are a wash.. If we ended up with either or Id be happy...

i really like the "new age" OCs and what they have been bringing to offenses. Id like a khari, a maas, a jackson, etc.. Someone who is not so far removed from the field that they are working with dated concepts.

Wonder if an ex receiver would be as offensively mentally gifted.. Like a tucker or a stegall (not that hes even in coaching ranks lol) or a cahoon. QBs always seen to be a sure fire bet.

Doctor Doctor, MOS is less than a season out of being a rookie coach, barely. . But let's say two years as a HC. We hired potential. We didn't hire experience. He is far from expecting a Buono type of skill at this point. So what's your complaint? Everyone chipping in to get a new assistant? If Walters gets help and becomes successful, is that a problem? Should Walters fail with substantive help, then you gots a point.

They hire a rookie GM a rookie HC, 2 AGMs a Head Scout. And now this significantly expanded football ops needs some more help? You hire people to do a job, not bring them in and hope they then learn how to do a job. The operative word in your program is hope....hope they learn. Exactly how long is this learning curve going to last?

Doctor Doctor, MOS is less than a season out of being a rookie coach, barely. . But let's say two years as a HC. We hired potential. We didn't hire experience. He is far from expecting a Buono type of skill at this point. So what's your complaint? Everyone chipping in to get a new assistant? If Walters gets help and becomes successful, is that a problem? Should Walters fail with substantive help, then you gots a point.

So, the question has to be asked... Why would Walters hire such an inexperienced coach to rebuild a team coming off such a brutal season in 2013? If he has all these shortcomings as a head coach don't you think it was a bad decision to bring in a guy like that with such a huge rebuild about to take place? Why saddle an inexperienced coach with such a huge job that really he wasn't & still isn't qualified for?

Not sure why Miller would be doing the recruiting it is not his job and it disturbs me that he would be doing such more than breaking league rules to do it. I'm not a GM nor is anyone else here so we cannot presume to know how common or uncommon tampering is. However, we get very upset when rules on the field are not applied so if Wade is tampering then the Bombers should be fined. I really don't care what other teams do just what the Bombers do and tampering is wrong.

But I will say again, if Wade is doing the job of those hired to do it then the Bombers have huge problems. Sorry additional problems. They already have more problems than I can count.

They hire a rookie GM a rookie HC, 2 AGMs a Head Scout. And now this significantly expanded football ops needs some more help? You hire people to do a job, not bring them in and hope they then learn how to do a job. The operative word in your program is hope....hope they learn. Exactly how long is this learning curve going to last?

Yup. Folks were hired to do a job. No one said anything about hope. I mentioned potential. Hope is your word. If you were to speculate about how long a learning curve is, how long does it learn to play chess? A chess player learns moves, timing, strategies and many nuances in the firsts years. They also learn additional moves and so on. mOS is not a guy off the street that doesn't know the feel of a football team. But if you expect if him to be Wally or a Bellichek, you are respectfully mistaken.

Bye the way, I am a bomber fan. Desire more success. Want a cup. don't want a rebuild. But today. The WMO squad has my support.

Yup. Folks were hired to do a job. No one said anything about hope. I mentioned potential. Hope is your word. If you were to speculate about how long a learning curve is, how long does it learn to play chess? A chess player learns moves, timing, strategies and many nuances in the firsts years. They also learn additional moves and so on. mOS is not a guy off the street that doesn't know the feel of a football team. But if you expect if him to be Wally or a Bellichek, you are respectfully mistaken.

Bye the way, I am a bomber fan. Desire more success. Want a cup. don't want a rebuild. But today. The WMO squad has my support.

I know you're a Bomber fan. I've no doubt of that. :)

So, the question has to be asked... Why would Walters hire such an inexperienced coach to rebuild a team coming off such a brutal season in 2013? If he has all these shortcomings as a head coach don't you think it was a bad decision to bring in a guy like that with such a huge rebuild about to take place? Why saddle an inexperienced coach with such a huge job that really he wasn't & still isn't qualified for?

Ok.considering that none of us were in the room when the decision to hire MOSwas made, I'd speculate he was hired because of his potential, desire, intelligence, and previous performance in any of his previous jobs. Not to neglect financial considerations that are abundant with a rookie. The only shortcoming might be a experience as a HC. But I can't agree he has "all these shortcomings". Neither will Miller, a seasoned HR professional. To be frank, neither you nor I knows whether MOS is or isn't qualified for his job. He is however, currently the the HC of the squad. His performance needs to be assessed in the light of performance against objectives,which you do not know. He'll hang around til next year at least. Let's help him be successful.

Ok.considering that none of us were in the room when the decision to hire MOSwas made, I'd speculate he was hired because of his potential, desire, intelligence, and previous performance in any of his previous jobs. Not to neglect financial considerations that are abundant with a rookie. The only shortcoming might be a experience as a HC. But I can't agree he has "all these shortcomings". Neither will Miller, a seasoned HR professional. To be frank, neither you nor I knows whether MOS is or isn't qualified for his job. He is however, currently the the HC of the squad. His performance needs to be assessed in the light of performance against objectives,which you do not know. He'll hang around til next year at least. Let's help him be successful.

Not up to me to help him. He's the man who was hired to do a job. If he fails, it's on him.