Around the NHL

7 hours ago, Goalie said:

Dreger reported that trouba wants to stay but tge issue is cash. He wants a bunch. Jets not sure if he's worth what he wants. 

TSN 1290 (VIA TODAY’S SLAPSHOT): Darren Dreger reports Jets defenseman Jacob Trouba is “absolutely willing to sign and stay in Winnipeg.”  Trouba’s a restricted free agent this summer and the center of recent trade speculation. Dreger doubts Trouba will accept a bridge contract. “I believe that that number, term and dollars, is prohibitive from a Winnipeg Jets perspective”, said Dreger, adding that’s what fueling the trade chatter.

6 hours ago, JCon said:

I think it's more likely Trouba gets an offer sheet. That will throw a wrench into any negotiations.

If it's 5 or 6 million jets match. 7 or more they take the 4 first round picks. Offer sheet unlikely 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

If it's 5 or 6 million jets match. 7 or more they take the 4 first round picks. Offer sheet unlikely 

If it's 5 or 6 million, he won't sign it. I think he's looking for 7M, long term.

1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick, if it's under $7.3M. Has it changed for 2016?

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Just don't see how Trouba can justify asking for more than Reilly?  Six years at $5 mill AAV is the going rate...  

Maata at $4m for 6 was a bit of a deal imo...

He may feel he's been held back by Stuart.

a buddy and I talk all the time about how the NHL would be a lot better if they cut back to about 65 games, and a best of 5 opening round series. I know it'll never happen because $$$$$ but for the quality of the game, the health of the players, etc....it would be so much better with less hockey but higher QUALITY hockey...

...Oh, and cut it back to 21 teams.......