Around the NHL

19 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

http://mytoba.ca/featured/winnipeg-ladd-return-jets/

Experienced 20+goal guy. What's not to love?

And maybe best part is that he's only worth 4.5 a season now.

I'd take Ladd back with open arms. We have the cap space for a reasonable contract. C or not, he would be an asset to our young core on and off the ice. Ladd doesn't come across to me as someone who wouldn't come back because he doesn't get the C. Who knows, maybe he'd like not having it.

I agree with TUP, 3 years max.

Basically it's just a guess. He's got lots of guys possibly being traded. Trade bait 2016. I wouldn't be surprised but I wouldn't guarantee that they trade him either. It all comes down to how much he wants. If it's ridiculous yup traded. If not..maybe he stays

I am all for trading Trouba if we can get a top ten pick in this year's draft.  Colorado and Edmonton are intriguing because they have picks in the top 10.  If we can get Edmonton's 4th overall and can land a PLD or a Tkachuk and still keep the number 22, that could be worth doing.  Depends how high the Jets rate either of those guys.  And also depends on what Chevy thinks he can get for D men in FA.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

This fan would be pretty upset to see Trouba moved - unless the return is massive.  For a draft and develop team, you don't move first round picks hastily. 

I think it would also signal a step back for the franchise, unless the add is a player better today than JT - why make the move?  Why get worse now...especially with Laine, Connor and Helle about to come on board? 

I think there are a couple of concerns with Trouba. 

He hasn't really progressed since his rookie season as much as some would like to see. 

There has been rumours he doesn't take his off season conditioning as seriously as the Jets would like.

His agent is also known as the to be a bit of a hard ass in negotiations (concerns on his contract negotiations)

IF the Jets are shopping him, it would be because they want to sell while his value is relatively high and maximize return. 

Mainly speculation of course, but at this point I would trust Chevy would have his reasons if he decided to move him. 

6 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Trouba straight up for #4?  Is that a good deal?  For either side?

So Trouba for #4=Dubois.

That's an all-day discussion.

I think I would make it.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/prospect-interest-411-pierre-luc-dubois/

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

It changes our strength from D to O.  Im not sure if thats a great thing.  No one wants to end up like the Oilers.  But if its done, it would be because the Jets are comfortable with Toby, Buff, Morrissey & Myers.  It might be a budget thing too.  A big deal for Trouba gives them 4 D with significant contracts, although Myers' is a cash-friendly deal.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It changes our strength from D to O.  Im not sure if thats a great thing.  No one wants to end up like the Oilers.  But if its done, it would be because the Jets are comfortable with Toby, Buff, Morrissey & Myers.  It might be a budget thing too.  A big deal for Trouba gives them 4 D with significant contracts, although Myers' is a cash-friendly deal.

I think it hinges, for me anyway, on what Trouba's salary expectations are.  I just didn't see the improvement I was hoping for this season on the ice, to warrant a massive ask on the contract side.  But that's just me.  Let Edmonton over-pay him.  It's what they do.