Around the NHL

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I'd take a 6th rounder if it means "losing" Pavs. He has no value. Overpaid and not good 

Be lucky to get a 6th.....would probably have to give a 3rd rounder or so.

The Jets will not be able to move him and he will be here for one more year.

If a team needs a vet backup at the TD, we might be able to rid ourselves of him.

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

oops meant Hutch.

Hutch will be sent down after TC and the first call up in case of injury and then he is exposed for the expansion draft where we will lose a forward.

Settle a debate.  Hutch has a One Way contract so to be sent down during the season he'd have to clear waivers.  But can you assign waiver-eligible players to the AHL before the season without subjecting them to waivers?

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

Be lucky to get a 6th.....would probably have to give a 3rd rounder or so.

The Jets will not be able to move him and he will be here for one more year.

If a team needs a vet backup at the TD, we might be able to rid ourselves of him.

There are teams that need to bring on contracts to make the salary floor.  Rumours or Coyotes taking on Datsyuk's deal for that reason.  So *maybe* you get Arizona or Carolina or someone to do that.  Sure, they'd want something else as well, but maybe a larger deal with a trade in players and they take Pavs.

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Arizona will have no problem making the floor.........it is my understanding that Hutch has to clear waivers whether he is on a one-way or two-way contract.

He'll clear waivers.

Well Arizona did just sign Goligoski to a 5 year, $5.75 m deal.  So now they are just under $15m from the floor.

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Settle a debate.  Hutch has a One Way contract so to be sent down during the season he'd have to clear waivers.  But can you assign waiver-eligible players to the AHL before the season without subjecting them to waivers?

First, One Way or Two Way contracts have nothing to do with waivers.  That just determines the salary they make in the AHL if they make it there.  Age and games played determine whether or not a player has to pass through waivers.

My understanding is that all waiver eligible players are considered to be in the NHL in the off season and have to clear waivers again at the beginning of the next year.

Waivers go in to effect 12 days before the start of the regular season. Waivers last until the day after a teams playing season.

Buff is involved. He has to be protected as does Enstrom right now. .

Mt guess.... Enstrom is traded.... Jets protect Buff Trouba Myers 

As for hutch being sent to the ahl.... don't count on it.... they won't risk losing him and having no goalie to expose in the expansion draft. Bet they try and move pav at the draft 

NEP872263.jpg

Jets T-shirt shutes... missez the nett

Honest spelling error or cheap knock off?

By: Bill Redekop / Free Press

She left her heart in... Winnepeg?

A hockey fan living in Kelowna, B.C., is bewildered and more than a little annoyed after buying a Jets T-shirt from the Paradies Lagardère gift shop at Richardson International Airport with the city’s name spelled incorrectly.

Heather Prevalnig, who was visiting family here, flew home Tuesday with the "Winnepeg" Jets T-shirt.

Prevalnig bought the souvenir, snapped a quick photo and posted it online just before boarding the plane Tuesday. During a stopover in Calgary, she received a message from her brother pointing out the error.

"I couldn’t believe it," said the former Winnipegger, who moved to Kelowna with her husband Brian in 2009.

Prevalnig played organized hockey as a kid and had the opportunity to suit up for some Timbits-style shinny before a Jets game at the Winnipeg Arena. She also sold 50/50 tickets at Jets games.

So, even though she moved away in 2009, two years before the Jets returned, she’s a big fan and wanted a shirt that said so.

A lot of former Manitobans wear Jets and Blue Bombers clothing in B.C., she said.

"Here in Kelowna, when you see someone wearing a Jets T-shirt, it’s an instant connection," she said. "It’s an instant bond."

The Winnipeg store’s manager, Heather Dilk, was shocked when told about the shirt.

Paradies marketing manager Nicole Linton said the shirt was "absolutely not" a cheap knock-off.

"All the vendors we work with have to be approved by the (National Hockey League)," she said from the company’s head office in Atlanta. "These are officially licensed products."

Perhaps it was it a case of hard feelings because since 2011 "Winnepeg" has been home to the Jets, formerly known as the Atlanta Thrashers? Linton dismissed the coincidence.

The shirt’s Massachusetts manufacturer, Soft as a Grape, makes apparel featuring other pro-sports teams as well.

Soft as a Grape owner Allen Katzen said he has recalled all the shirts.

"It appears that one of our employees didn’t check the spelling, and it got through quality control. It is an embarrassment to me, and I have no excuses. I am sure this is an affront to all the loyal Jet fans and to the people of Winnipeg," he said.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

On 11/06/2016 at 8:03 AM, Noeller said:

a buddy and I talk all the time about how the NHL would be a lot better if they cut back to about 65 games, and a best of 5 opening round series. I know it'll never happen because $$$$$ but for the quality of the game, the health of the players, etc....it would be so much better with less hockey but higher QUALITY hockey...

...Oh, and cut it back to 21 teams.......

I know this post was like 2 weeks ago, but I'm just catching up with the hockey thread... I wanted to post it again b/c this so perfectly summarizes how I've been feeling for a long time now... the NHL is expanding when it should be contracting... though 21 might be a little low... I would think a 24-26 team league would be perfect, with 8 Canadian teams... make the first round 5 games or even give byes and make the first round best of 3...  ending the season in early may would be perfect...

As long as it's not to the Oilers or Jets, I'm all good with him going wherever. Personally, hope the rumours about Vancouver are true. Let them go full-moron and trade every chip they have to "win now" as they're saying. Trying to go all in on Lucic, Stamkos and making serious calls about Subban, too. Idiots...