Around the NHL

True enough. Just noticed. 

Interesting.  Pretty obvious that this is the beginning of the end for Pavelec in Winnipeg.  

No way jets risk losing hutch on waivers.  Not a chance. Wouldn't be surprised to see pavelec traded or bought out now. Perhaps Calgary and we take back a crappy contract like Wideman 

12 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Very interesting.

TSN gave this hirty second story today on TSN: That (Maple Leafs) Hockey. Meanwhile almost the whole show about G Frederic Anderson. Don't know why I even bothered watching.

Edited by iso_55

16 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

TSN gave this hirty second story today on TSN: That (Maple Leafs) Hockey. Meanwhile almost the whole show about G Frederic Anderson. Don't know why I even bothered watching.

Just wait till Friday , then rookie camp ,regular camp, the season and god forbid the playoffs. The better the Leafs get the more unbearable it will get.

Edited by bustamente

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Lawless suggested the jets might waive Pavs to the moose to see if someone would snag him. 

I bet it's helle on the moose though if Pavs isn't traded 

I'll bet pavelec is traded or waived. I think they are done with him. He serves no purpose and isn't very good. He's traded or waived to moose... refuses to report and is then suspended and sent home 

13 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

My concern with Pavs is he has been known to sulk which doesn't bode well for waiving him to the moose to support Comrie. 

I think the coaches can work around that.  Comrie gets most of the starts.  Pavelec is the backup in that case.

I know it would not be the ideal situation, but that would be a poor reason to keep Pavelec up with the Jets if that was the reason they were hesitant to send him down.

22 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Least surprising Jets news IMO.

Pretty clear succession plan in the works for Helle and Comrie. Pavs as a backup this season or traded, and Hutch gets exposed on expansion draft.

Only real question is where Hutch plays if Pavs isn't dealt.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Helle goes down and is exposed as for the expansion draft.

56 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

One could argue the Jets sent Helle down last season when he arguably deserved to stay up.  And one could argue they did it because he was the "easiest" to send down out of the three. 

I like to argue with you.... but I would have absolutely nothing to counter this with.....   

It was the right decision to make since the club was clearly having a down year... hopefully they get at least a decent draft pick out of losing Pavs.

I'd be calling the Flames and trying to interfere with their pursuit of Bishop and see what it would take to have them take Pavs off our hands.  Jets will have to retain salary for sure.  Or maybe Carolina or Arizona depending on their situations.  Arizona has nearly $20m to spend just to get to the salary floor.  Since Pavs is UFA after this coming season, it might just as well be the Jets say f it and keep him.

My prediction is Helle starts with the Moose with Pavs and Hutch on the Jets.  If Pavs really struggles and Hutch is the usual Hutch (decent but not great) then the Jets have an issue because its not just calling up Helle, it's dealing with the politics of Pavs and what to do with him.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Helle exposed?  Not a chance.

oops meant Hutch.

Hutch will be sent down after TC and the first call up in case of injury and then he is exposed for the expansion draft where we will lose a forward.