Around the NHL

Not gonna bother with the Free Agent list, Jets won't touch any of those guys. I'd be very surprised. Only "free agents" i see them signing are AHL free agents to maybe bring some veteran leadership to the Moose. I highly doubt they sign any UFA's for the big club tho, I'd be shocked if they did. Only real need is LHD and i really don't see many on that list worth going after, maybe one or 2 if they took a 1 year deal but they won't so Jets won't be active at all in free agency. I don't see the Jets every really being that active in free agency, I just don't think that's how they want to go about building a team. These guys also tend to get overpaid, they call it free agent  frenzy for a reason and that reason is GM's go nuts and then regret that contract a year or 2 later. They might sign the odd guy here and there,  value guys to value deals, Perreault as an example. Good Value for Matty P but they won't ever sign free agents to big money long term deals. 

Regarding the Moose coach, someone over on another hockey site said he heard from people that the Jets are interested in a junior coach who is still in the playoffs at the moment to coach the Moose, so really... it's pretty much 4 teams, Brandon,Red Deer,London and the Quebec team. Can probably cross Brandon and McCrimmon off the least as i highly doubt he's going to leave the Wheat Kings anytime soon if ever. 

Edited by Goalie

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Regarding the Moose coach, someone over on another hockey site said he heard from people that the Jets are interested in a junior coach who is still in the playoffs at the moment to coach the Moose, so really... it's pretty much 4 teams, Brandon,Red Deer,London and the Quebec team. Can probably cross Brandon and McCrimmon off the least as i highly doubt he's going to leave the Wheat Kings anytime soon if ever. 

London - Dale Hunter - 55 - ex NHL coach

Red Deer - Brent Sutter - 53 - ex NHL coach

Rouyn-Noranda - Gilles Bouchard - 45 - zero NHL experience

Brandon - Kelly McCrimmon  - 55 - zero NHL experience

Well we can pretty much drop off the last 2.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

I would think Bouchard would be most likely actually. No nhl coaching experience is irrelevant 

I think it's more appropriate to say NHL coaching experience isn't mandatory. I would suggest having NHL coaching experience is relevant to consider when looking for a suitable head coach of a professional hockey team.. 

I want the coach who is the better teacher and player developer for my AHL team.  

I want the coach who can connect with the prospects and prepare them for the professional game.  On the ice and off the ice.

Which may or may not be the coach with NHL experience. 

Nice to see Scheifle on a gold medal winning team... Flames GM Brad Treliving the GM for Canada. How many Flames??? Zero. You know he wanted Mark Giordano for the team. Pretty bad. #jaromeiginladisease

Edited by iso_55

Interesting trade. Canucks are an example of a team that really needs to blow it up and rebuild but the owner and Vancouver tge city for that matter don't have the patience for it so they will be stuck in a bad place for a while. I'd say that I feel sorry for Canucks fans but they are such bandwagon jumpers that I'm not. 

Plus Gudbrandson is only 24 and Is a top 4 RHD. Good player. Canucks fans need to realize they aren't and never will be rebuilding. 

Interesting Tho. Wikipedia the 2010 nhl entry draft. 5 of the top 6 players drafted have been traded. The only one who hasn't been... 1st overall Taylor Hall. 

If the Jets trade Burmi... you could add one more to the list of top 10 drafted 2010 picks who have been traded 

Edited by Goalie

Lots of people suggested that San Jose needed to blow it up and rebuild... they didn't...

Virtanen and Boeser will be good players... High price but Gubrandson is a real nice pickup, Hutton should keep developing

One or two UFAs and a healthy Sutter... Vancouver could be decent, plus they will have Tkachuk or Dubois

That being said, Benning still sucks.

Re: the Canucks. I found this gem on twitter yesterday and got me thinking what ours would look like all laid out. I generally think our moves are mostly logical, and fit in together within the long term plan.

The Nucks though...good lord. WTH are they doing?

Hmmmm Lets try this (Since Jan 1 2015)

Jets Trade:

Andrew Ladd

Jay Harrisson

Matt Fraser

Karl Klingberg

Jason Kasdorf

Zack Bogosion

Evander Kane

2015 Conditional 6th Round Pick

2016 3rd Round Pick

Jets Acquire:

Marko Dano

Lee Stempniak

Jiri Tlusty

Brendan Lemieux

Joel Armia

Drew Stafford

Tyler Myers

2015 1st Round Pick

2016 1st Round Pick

Don't think Chevy made any trades between trade deadline 15 and Ladd trade and only 1 UFA signing - Fraser. Think that was the least in the NHL.

Buffalo ahead of us now in standings...what that say about the trade now? Must be thinking they won it over there.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

56 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Don't think Chevy made any trades between trade deadline 15 and Ladd trade and only 1 UFA signing - Fraser. Think that was the least in the NHL.

Buffalo ahead of us now in standings...what that say about the trade now? Must be thinking they won it over there.

Too soon to tell.  Depends if Kasdorf becomes anything.  We still need to see what Armia, Lemieux and Roslovic become.  Just in terms of quantity we likely win.  Kane hasnt been that special and neither has Bogo.  Myers way better than Bogo and Stafford/Kane somewhat event at present.  So in terms of Armia, Lemieux & Roslovic we are still winning.