Goltz to start in LDC

Atomic

Without Goltz this would have been a disaster.  Hats off to him, he went in and swung for the fences.

Too bad the supporting cast sucks so bad.     Then whole bend, then break D is not working so good. 

No need to take chances when you're only down by 6...hope he's learned something...

Without Goltz this would have been a disaster.  Hats off to him, he went in and swung for the fences.

Too bad the supporting cast sucks so bad.     Then whole bend, then break D is not working so good. 

No need to take chances when you're only down by 6...hope he's learned something...

I think those who questioned if he had the accuracy and arm strength to be a professional QB may be right.

He has yet to pass for over 200 yards and has the lowest completion %, back to Max Hall please.

That is why he should have been in week 1.  Still, he has seen the same movie before, just like us.  When you see the D. folding like a cheap tent what are you going to do?

We were going to be giving up huge points in the second half, pitch and catch time for the Riders.   We were going to lose, everyone knew it.  The only thing I would have changed was playing 3 down long balls.  Of course rolling out so he does not get swarmed behind our D'Oh line. 

Why he is ever in the 'pocket' is beyond me.

I think those who questioned if he had the accuracy and arm strength to be a professional QB may be right.

He has yet to pass for over 200 yards and has the lowest completion %, back to Max Hall please.

The guy went into the LDC and we had the lead at the half.  We scored 0 points last year with a better team and the Riders were not as good.

Goltz earned the start in the Banjo Bowl, Hall is brutal.   May as well play Da'Bolt instead of him.

Goltz has the physique to be a good one but, give him a regime to improve his upper body strength and a dedicated coach to develop his mechanics and more time developing on the bench in the offense. He looks like he can read a defence but just needs more time to develop, imo.

Don't think his upper body strength is an issue, mechanics can be improved but he is still young and we need a coach who knows what they are doing.

May as well get him experience now as its garbage time in 2013.  He does not seem to be suffering by playing.  He is one of the few who actually looks like they care out there.

well you can understand why he would feel he needed to take chances though, at that point everyone knew that the defense had no hope of stopping the riders. punt and it's a long time killing drive for more rider points. This team is just so ****** mentally. They can't deal with any sort of adversity. 

Goltz played very well and I was happy with the team. I didn't give them any chances of keeping it close and they did really well into the fourth. Oc called a good game.

Overall our big glaring issue is still the oline that can't open holes or slow down a rush. Durant in comparison had a lot of time to look downfield

Really appreciated the leadership of Goltz taking ownership for the loss, too. Not a lot of QBs would do that -- especially young ones. Hell, can you imagine Calvillo out in Montreal saying some of the things Goltz said post-game?

He played a great first half, had some glimpses of poise in the second (taking the botched snap in for a 40+ yard TD), and then tried to do too much and went off his assignments. He can learn from that.

Anyone who questions his accuracy didn't see that ridiculous throw to Watson in the first half. That was way downfield, totally on the money, and it's clear he just needs to play a string of games and gain some confidence to cut down on some of the over/underthrows (which I think are more mental -- given when they come in the game -- vs. physical).

Really appreciated the leadership of Goltz taking ownership for the loss, too. Not a lot of QBs would do that -- especially young ones. Hell, can you imagine Calvillo out in Montreal saying some of the things Goltz said post-game?

He played a great first half, had some glimpses of poise in the second (taking the botched snap in for a 40+ yard TD), and then tried to do too much and went off his assignments. He can learn from that.

Anyone who questions his accuracy didn't see that ridiculous throw to Watson in the first half. That was way downfield, totally on the money, and it's clear he just needs to play a string of games and gain some confidence to cut down on some of the over/underthrows (which I think are more mental -- given when they come in the game -- vs. physical).

Awesome post!!!

Congrats to Goltz even with the loss.

A young guy, 3rd game, in that madhouse of a stadium and he mostly functioned well.

The warts are slowly falling off.

This is what most of us were saying...gotta let the young guys get reps and play to develop.

Some of the things Justin did in that game...Buck just can't do. (except the ints-Buck can handle those)

I believe all along they had the intent to start Hall, but his injury kinda bumped that idea, so I have no problem with the idea to go back to Hall to start in the B Bowl.

The Riders won't know Hall and Hall gets his workout.

But I don't mind either way. We got what we wanted. No Buck.

It won't be considered a circus if they plan out their practices.

Congrats to Goltz even with the loss.

A young guy, 3rd game, in that madhouse of a stadium and he mostly functioned well.

The warts are slowly falling off.

This is what most of us were saying...gotta let the young guys get reps and play to develop.

Some of the things Justin did in that game...Buck just can't do. (except the ints-Buck can handle those)

and he's gone in there against 3 of the toughest teams in the league as well. No cream puffs for him to play against. Just blows the mind that he's had the most productive performances of the qbs against the toughest test yet Burke still won't let him ride it out for a few games. 

Goltz legs are his best asset and it seems like they are very hesitant to fully embrace that.

yup.. need more option stuff and even just Goltz taking it himself... IF Goltz is the guy we wanna roll with.. make the defense respect the run a lot more...

I thought Goltz played really well and inexperience forced something when noone got open on second down in the fourth quarter (we were down by less than a TD when he threw the first int)

After that it was desperation time so anything that happened can probably be put on that.

IMO - We had a bad third quarter and the team got a little desperate/made mistakes

Maybe Mack was onto something when he decided Goltz should get the rest of the season to develop...

Contrary to popular belief Mack isn't the **** who struggles to tie his shoes that everyone seems to be painting him as since he's been fired. Makes a hell of a scapegoat though. 

He's a great scapegoat.  Blaming everything on Mack also plays well with the "I told you so" and "we knew all along" crowd.