Goltz to start in LDC

Atomic

I was looking for the story about this... Any links?

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/08/28/justin-goltz-shrugs-off-betrayal-prepares-to-once-again-take-reins-of-blue-bombers

Last week’s starter, Max Hall, didn’t practise on Wednesday because of a hand injury but will try to throw on Thursday. Buck Pierce has been ruled out of Sunday’s game with an upper-body injury the team won’t specify.

“There’s a lot of people who don’t want to talk about it, so I’m not going to,” head coach Tim Burke said. “I’ve been told not to say.”

Why can't Burke just say they want goltz over buck? Why say an unspecified injury. Lame.

Because Burke said he was told not to talk about it...

I hope you're not serious.  If he actually said that publicly he is a complete moron.

I don't know the real story here, but I'll float this idea out there.

Here we are, close to Vet cut-down day and Pierce sustains 'an injury'.

He's not made available to the press, the injury is ??, and Burke is told he can't talk about it.

Could it possibly be a kind of buy-out where, for Buck's silence and withdrawal from the QB scene, he gets rewarded with 'injury pay' for the rest of the year?

He now becomes the 4th QB and only plays on an emergency basis.

Gotta hand it to Burke. Instead of just saying Goltz will start because he's the  healthiest of our 3 qbs he says he's been told not to talk about Goltz starting. Which implies that Miller, Walters or both are still interfering in who  plays & who doesn't just like Mack was doing. Now, people will ask questions. 

Gotta hand it to Burke. Instead of just saying Goltz will start because he's the healthiest of our 3 qbs he says he's been told not to talk about Goltz starting. Which implies that Miller, Walters or both are still interfering in who plays & who doesn't just like Mack was doing. Now, people will ask questions.

no, hes been told not to talk about bucks "injury" and said hes starting due to max not being 100%.. you misplace your spectacles again? :D

Gotta hand it to Burke. Instead of just saying Goltz will start because he's the healthiest of our 3 qbs he says he's been told not to talk about Goltz starting. Which implies that Miller, Walters or both are still interfering in who plays & who doesn't just like Mack was doing. Now, people will ask questions.

no, hes been told not to talk about bucks "injury" and said hes starting due to max not being 100%.. you misplace your spectacles again? :D

Same thing. WHO told Burke not to talk?  And since when isn't a coach not allowed to talk about an injury?

Same thing. WHO told Burke not to talk? And since when isn't a coach not allowed to talk about an injury?

walters and above... due to either a trade concern or genuine concerns of opposition targeting him (if he gets back into games..) and since the dawn of the upper and lower body injuries, lolol... thats basically the whole reason for upper and lower descriptions... to limit discussions on said injuries...

Lulay plays like Pierce did a few years ago just like Reilly does. Both those guys will get injured. Just hasn't happened yet.

Yup...you never disappoint with your always negative attitude!

Ha, ha. That's too funny. I'll try not to offend your obvious sensibilities. Hug??? ;)

something is missing from the BC offense for sure. 

Starts & ends with their offensive line just like us. Difference being they have a lot more talent than the Bombers at the skill positions on offense & a much better linebacking & secondary than we do.

I was wondering if they don't miss that veteran presence that Geroy brought regardless of him slowing down in ability. 

I think the problem is the drops that Moore had which killed two drives and Harris definitely is very streaky and sometimes looks like Cornish and can bounce off guys for extra yards...  other times he looks like Fred Reid where a gust of wind drives him to the ground.  

Why can't Burke just say they want goltz over buck? Why say an unspecified injury. Lame.

I hope you're not serious.  If he actually said that publicly he is a complete moron.

He is serious.  That did happen.  One of Burke's many blunders we all shake our head about after.  It's not a surprise to me anymore.

How is that a blunder? Did you ever think there may be a legitimate reason why he can't talk about it. For example, sometimes the players don't want it discussed like when Marcellus Bowman didn't want any details about his knee injury made public.

something is missing from the BC offense for sure. 

Starts & ends with their offensive line just like us. Difference being they have a lot more talent than the Bombers at the skill positions on offense & a much better linebacking & secondary than we do.

I was wondering if they don't miss that veteran presence that Geroy brought regardless of him slowing down in ability. 

There are plenty of veterans in that locker room. They just don't dominate up front like they used to. That Matthews kid was cut yesterday in the NFL so he'll help  if he doesn't sign with another NFL team & returns. Once Kirby Fabien gets back next year they should be better on the OL than they are now with a lot of aging vets who've seen better days.

Re: Burke not talking about Buck's injury. Was quoted earlier this week saying that he didn't want to talk about it because he didn't want teams targeting him. Not sure it really matter at this point in Buck's career, as everything is a potential target, but whatever. Once again, it was a totally innocuous Burke comment being blown up by everyone here.

I hope you're not serious. If he actually said that publicly he is a complete moron.

He is serious. That did happen. One of Burke's many blunders we all shake our head about after. It's not a surprise to me anymore.

How is that a blunder? Did you ever think there may be a legitimate reason why he can't talk about it. For example, sometimes the players don't want it discussed like when Marcellus Bowman didn't want any details about his knee injury made public.

Oh, don't get me wrong I fully understand there is reasoning behind it. My issue is that there are better ways to communicate that. He doesn't have to say "I've been told..." He is the coach (sadly) and should sound a little more like he is a boss and not operating as some sort of puppet.

Simon doesn't strike me as a guy who is going to get up in the locker room demanding accountability. He just doesn't seem to be that kind of guy. I could be wrong. What do you think 17to85?

I'm not even talking about that, just a guy who obviously had a great understanding of the game and a knack for making a play when it was needed. Sort of a go to guy for the team. I dunno just seems like they don't have that crutch or something, among other problems.