Goltz to start in LDC

Atomic

Hall is going to have a hell of a time moving the offence.  You can't run any read option stuff with him because he can't run.  They are just going to stack the LOS and challenge him to make throws, he'll have to be on right from the start, and whether he can make the necessary throws is questionable.  I don't see a lot of upside for Hall, I'd rather use these wasted games to see if Goltz can become more refined as a passer.

Maybe Mack was onto something when he decided Goltz should get the rest of the season to develop...

Contrary to popular belief Mack isn't the **** who struggles to tie his shoes that everyone seems to be painting him as since he's been fired. Makes a hell of a scapegoat though. 

He's a great scapegoat.  Blaming everything on Mack also plays well with the "I told you so" and "we knew all along" crowd. 

I told you so. We knew all along.

Really appreciated the leadership of Goltz taking ownership for the loss, too. Not a lot of QBs would do that -- especially young ones. Hell, can you imagine Calvillo out in Montreal saying some of the things Goltz said post-game?

Especially after Elliott's comments after the 52-0 shellacking in the LDC last year, when he said "well I played ok" or something to that effect.

Really appreciated the leadership of Goltz taking ownership for the loss, too. Not a lot of QBs would do that -- especially young ones. Hell, can you imagine Calvillo out in Montreal saying some of the things Goltz said post-game?

Especially after Elliott's comments after the 52-0 shellacking in the LDC last year, when he said "well I played ok" or something to that effect.

Exactly what I was thinking of. I was/am an Elliott supporter, but I'd much rather a player take ownership (even if it's not their fault) than try and paint a rosy picture on a turd.