Goltz to start in LDC

Atomic

"One last chance"?

With a crappy offensive line, new and/or awful receivers and an OC who's been here three weeks, how can he NOT succeed in that scenario?!  

Oh, and the opposing team is one of the league's best.  What a great situation for Goltz!

We have the element of surprise.

"One last chance"?

With a crappy offensive line, new and/or awful receivers and an OC who's been here three weeks, how can he NOT succeed in that scenario?!  

Oh, and the opposing team is one of the league's best.  What a great situation for Goltz!

You said last, not me.

And hey, if he WINS, then there can't really be any debate, can there?

"One last chance"?

uh... something something something right where we want 'em!??

"One last chance"?

You said last, not me.

:lol:  this is MBB. There will always be debate.

"One last chance"?

You said last, not me.

I believe my sarcastically written comment indicates that maybe judging Goltz on wins and losses isn't completely fair, seeing as everyone including him will have to share in the blame.  I fail to see how any young QB can succeed in this scenario, but that won't stop fans from burying Goltz (and then Hall, once he gets the nod again).

"One last chance"?

You said last, not me.

I believe my sarcastically written comment indicates that maybe judging Goltz on wins and losses isn't completely fair, seeing as everyone including him will have to share in the blame.  I fail to see how any young QB can succeed in this scenario, but that won't stop fans from burying Goltz (and then Hall, once he gets the nod again).

Great QBs thrive on adversity.  Mediocre QBs make excuses and beg for patience.

"One last chance"?

You said last, not me.

This is nothing more than just motivational talk masquerading as wisdom.  Unless he can block, throw and catch at the same time, Goltz is reliant on others around to help him succeed.  There are things he can control, clearly, and needs to do so to have success.  That does not mean if he doesn't thrive in this gong show on Sunday he can't become more than what he currently is. 

This is nothing more than just motivational talk masquerading as wisdom.  Unless he can block, throw and catch at the same time, Goltz is reliant on others around to help him succeed.  There are things he can control, clearly, and needs to do so to have success.  That does not mean if he doesn't thrive in this gong show on Sunday he can't become more than what he currently is. 

Sorry, it must be those motivational websites I spend all day reading.  But wouldn't you agree that if he wins this game it could jumpstart his career like no other game could?  I see an opportunity for a young guy.  I know it looks bleak but these are still all pro football players who have all won games in the past, and they've now got a couple weeks in Bellefeuille's offence.  It won't be easy but he'll be right in the conversation with Collaros and BLM as the "next big thing" if he pulls out a big game.

Sorry, it must be those motivational websites I spend all day reading.  But wouldn't you agree that if he wins this game it could jumpstart his career like no other game could?  I see an opportunity for a young guy.  I know it looks bleak but these are still all pro football players who have all won games in the past, and they've now got a couple weeks in Bellefeuille's offence.  It won't be easy but he'll be right in the conversation with Collaros and BLM as the "next big thing" if he pulls out a big game.

I'm not sure a  win really jumpstarts his career, but I do think people will pull a 180 on their opinions at that point.  Regardless I understand your point - if Goltz wins this game he'll make a name for himself. I don't think you'll find many people that think the Bombers have a real chance at winning this game (though nothing is impossible) and as a result that would seem to indicate that the team as a whole is a mess.  Crucifying Goltz for a loss here is likely going to be misdirected. 

What Goltz needs is help from his defence.

Instead of starting the game in the hole, it would be nice to see plenty of stopped Sask drives where Goltz can get more touches in better field position. 

You know, kinda like a regular team.

I don't care that they have stars, every team has stars. It's how you approach stopping them that matters.

Instead of teams facing our D and knowing exactly what we're doing, I want to see some confusion when facing us for a change.

Isn't this supposed to be Burke's strong suit?

A good defensive showing will go a long ways in keeping Goltz going, IMO.

Who Goltz really needs help from is his receivers. I want to see guys haul in some passes for him that are tough catches. Too often even the routine catches for our team has been an adventure. You see guys making great catches for young qbs all over the league, our receivers need to do that for our young qbs too. That'll do as much as anything to help them. 

"One last chance"?

Sure then let's sit him down to protect him so he can do more tv commercials. Is that the excuse now if he craps out??

"One last chance"?

Sure then let's sit him down to protect him so he can do more tv commercials. Is that the excuse now if he craps out??

I am not saying to sit him down, but I don't care to argue this since I know I'm just going to get more ISO-RAGE.

"One last chance"?

I am not saying to sit him down, but I don't care to argue this since I know I'm just going to get more ISO-RAGE.

Iso-rage? Hey  man, you said what you said. Not me. When you post something like this what do you expect? "Oh, let's start Goltz as he deserves it but  if he fails it's because he has no offensive line, no receivers, no coaching, the offense stinks & he's playing the best team in the CFL so he's gonna get killed". Think we don't know already that he's in tough??? Maybe we should just cancel the game & only play teams you feel he's more suited to play so he can do better. Goltz is in a tough spot. What better place to show that he can actually play qb in this league against a team like that in that stadium? This is what the guy has been waiting for. Let's see if he can rise to the occasion.