U of Guelph courting Kyle Walters

gbill2004

Yeah Lawless isn't as smart as he thinks he is when he's writing opinion pieces but the man is connected and there is a lot of weight to his rumours. Be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Lawless is the stupidest sports writer in Winnipeg. I won't read his crap and if he is ever on TV I mute it.

Do you ever have a balanced opinion? I get this visual of you yelling every word you speak.

Yeah Lawless isn't as smart as he thinks he is when he's writing opinion pieces but the man is connected and there is a lot of weight to his rumours. Be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Lawless is the stupidest sports writer in Winnipeg. I won't read his crap and if he is ever on TV I mute it.

Do you ever have a balanced opinion? I get this visual of you yelling every word you speak.

What an ironic post.

Funny how those who think so highly of themselves as balanced/good always have to pull out the name calling and bullying.

I don't have to be balanced about Lawless. I do not find any redeeming qualities in what he does. I don't read Paul Friesen either, because I think he is often just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks, but I cannot argue that he does have valid points every so often. Lawless just spews out opinions or information that has not been vetted and in some cases has been flat out made up. I will stick with paying more attention to the real reporters like Penton and co. Again, I may not always agree with them, but they have a much better track record and try to stay away from spreading rumours.

What an ironic post.

Funny how those who think so highly of themselves as balanced/good always have to pull out the name calling and bullying.

I don't have to be balanced about Lawless. I do not find any redeeming qualities in what he does. I don't read Paul Friesen either, because I think he is often just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks, but I cannot argue that he does have valid points every so often. Lawless just spews out opinions or information that has not been vetted and in some cases has been flat out made up. I will stick with paying more attention to the real reporters like Penton and co. Again, I may not always agree with them, but they have a much better track record and try to stay away from spreading rumours.

Umm...he didn't call you any names, nor did he bully you.  He's just asking you a valid question and stating his opinion on how you come across.  The only person I see name calling in this post is you calling Lawless stupid.

And another tick in the "odd things to say" column..

Hes one of the most connected reporters in Winnipeg.

What an ironic post.

Umm...he didn't call you any names, nor did he bully you.  He's just asking you a valid question and stating his opinion on how you come across.  The only person I see name calling in this post is you calling Lawless stupid.

Thats just it tho.. You are either with dragon or against dragon! No middle ground!

Never has been..

What an ironic post.

And I answered it. The thing is I shouldn't have to answer BS questions like it. This forum is for opinions and my OPINION is I don't like Lawless he hasn't provided any enlightenment to the sporting community here. Much like Friesen.

If you don't like my opinion that's fine but making me answer for my opinion while no one else has to is bullying.

Oh, and in case you cannot read he didn't call me names but he did dig into the personal insult pot with his second unneeded sentence.

Some people clearly don't know the difference between a reporter and a columnist. Reports do just that...report. Columnists have the journalistic license to write their opinions.

Hey he can write his opinion all he wants but he should make more of an effort to base his opinion on fact and not rumour.

I also am free to share my opinion on him. He likely doesn't give crap what I say about him.

And another tick in the "odd things to say" column..

Hes one of the most connected reporters in Winnipeg.

And yet it hasn't stopped him from saying some rather odd stuff himself or starting unsubstantiated rumours.

What an ironic post.

Thats just it tho.. You are either with dragon or against dragon! No middle ground!

Never has been..

And you are any different? You just don't like anyone that doesn't share your overly biased opinion.

You are free to ignore anything I say. In fact, you probably should since you cannot do anything but get into flaming/trolling me.

I certainly don't pay attention to the bulk of what you have to say.

What an ironic post.

And I answered it. The thing is I shouldn't have to answer BS questions like it. This forum is for opinions and my OPINION is I don't like Lawless he hasn't provided any enlightenment to the sporting community here. Much like Friesen.

If you don't like my opinion that's fine but making me answer for my opinion while no one else has to is bullying.

Oh, and in case you cannot read he didn't call me names but he did dig into the personal insult pot with his second unneeded sentence.

good grief man. Grow up. 

I am neither for nor against Dragon.  You might say that I'm Dragon neutral.  Having said that, Mr. Dragon, you do realize that he reports rumors, but that's because he leaves the reporting of facts to the reporters, while he looks for scoops.  Pretty hard to "scoop" a Bomber media release, right?   I think it's fair to say that he doesn't just hear something and then broadcast it.  It does seem that he'll only talk about stuff that has either multiple sources or is from someone who would be in a position to know what they are talking about.  It seems to me that when he reports on these rumors, he turns out to be right a lot more often that random chance would allow for.

What an ironic post.

good grief man. Grow up.

Lol. I am fully grown it is just folk here that have really thin skin or don't seem to be able to handle their emotions.

Honestly? I don't see why anyone, other than Lawless, would care what I thought. It's not like it is hurting him or going to change anyone's opinion of him.

I am neither for nor against Dragon.  You might say that I'm Dragon neutral.  Having said that, Mr. Dragon, you do realize that he reports rumors, but that's because he leaves the reporting of facts to the reporters, while he looks for scoops.  Pretty hard to "scoop a Bomber media release, right?   I think it's fair to say that he doesn't just hear something and then broadcast it.  It does seem that he'll only talk about stuff that has either multiple sources or is from someone who would be in a position to know what they are talking about.  It seems to me that when he reports on these rumors, he turns out to be right a lot more often that random chance would allow for.

Thanks, I am just not a fan of the rumour mill thing. These days I don't see the value in when one can often get a pretty darn good solid lead on stories before they are official. There have been tons of releases with strong backing that have beaten the official release. TSN is great for breaking news before it is official.

Like I said too, it is more than the rumouring thing, he just says some really crazy stuff that often makes me dubious of anything he says because they are just flat out wrong or bucks against conventional wisdom.

lol. That is not uncommon. I have heard of many public figures banning people from social media streams for such thing or for things as silly as having a descenting opinion/calling them on BS claims. Scott Wolter of America Unearthed fame bans people all the time for calling him out his shoddy science, or whatever you call what he does on that show :)

What an ironic post.

Never has been..

And you are any different? You just don't like anyone that doesn't share your overly biased opinion.

You are free to ignore anything I say. In fact, you probably should since you cannot do anything but get into flaming/trolling me.

I certainly don't pay attention to the bulk of what you have to say.

I love everyone here actually because of how we function and would gladly buy a beer for anyone I came across. I dont dislike Burgess or Iso or dr.cfl or anyone who i lump into the negatron grouping.. You seem to really think people who dont agree with you are out to get you.. Its a very strange stance to take in an online forum. what I dont like tho, is people who state something and then never back it up. If you voice an opinion, support it.. Dont just say "because I said so.." You're (not just you but anyone who does is) not stone cold steve austin. You dont get to just proclaim something without any reason behind it.. If you do expect backlash.

Lastly, I have posted or comment on a lot of posts youve been involved in without flaming or trolling.. You seem to have a real myopic view of how things happen here.,

I am neither for nor against Dragon.  You might say that I'm Dragon neutral.  Having said that, Mr. Dragon, you do realize that he reports rumors, but that's because he leaves the reporting of facts to the reporters, while he looks for scoops.  Pretty hard to "scoop" a Bomber media release, right?   I think it's fair to say that he doesn't just hear something and then broadcast it.  It does seem that he'll only talk about stuff that has either multiple sources or is from someone who would be in a position to know what they are talking about.  It seems to me that when he reports on these rumors, he turns out to be right a lot more often that random chance would allow for.

The reason why he is so connected is exactly that. He runs his rumours to the ground before speaking on them for the most part. Hes considered a very good and solid source imo.

What an ironic post.

Bullshit, everyone has to answer for their opinions. You are allowed to have opinions, but people are allowed to have the opinion that your opinion stinks and ask you to defend it. That happens to everyone here which is the entire point of message boards. It's not a forum for people to ***** and ***** and ***** and never have to back anything up, even if a lot of people want to view it that way. You have an opinion that's fine but you should always be able to justify your opinion because chances are someone is going to ask you to. 

What an ironic post.

Bullshit, everyone has to answer for their opinions. You are allowed to have opinions, but people are allowed to have the opinion that your opinion stinks and ask you to defend it. That happens to everyone here which is the entire point of message boards. It's not a forum for people to ***** and ***** and ***** and never have to back anything up, even if a lot of people want to view it that way. You have an opinion that's fine but you should always be able to justify your opinion because chances are someone is going to ask you to. 

No the only ones that have to answer are those who YOU or a collective do not like. I haven't asked you why you have an undying devotion to Gary Lawless. Wanna know why? I don't care, that is your choice. Gary produces subjective op pieces and I am under no obligation to agree with or read them. Period.

If you want to post love or trash about the Bombers you can absolutely do that. I MIGHT dispute your arguments but I am not going to get you to answer for them. I might ask you why you have those opinions, usually because I may not understand what you said or it might fly in the face of reason, but that is by no means bashing you for having those opinions or trying to force you to see it my way, which is what you and your buddies are trying to do in a not so civil manner.

I provided an opinion and an answer and becaus ethat answer was unsatisfying and I stood up to your good buds you guys continue to take me to task.

I don't like his rumour mongering, often he says really odd things that makes me question his knowledge, and many other things. He ultimately rubs me the wrong way so rather than have to deal with him and his opinions I choose not to listen. I don't care how connected he is, I don't care if you want to bear his children, I just don't like the guy and, I think many of his opinions are, like I said initially, stupid. If you don't like that so be it. Not much I can do about it. If you think I am stupid or whatever, that's fine too. So be it.

What an ironic post.

No the only ones that have to answer are those who YOU or a collective do not like. I haven't asked you why you have an undying devotion to Gary Lawless. Wanna know why? I don't care, that is your choice. Gary produces subjective op pieces and I am under no obligation to agree with or read them. Period.

If you want to post love or trash about the Bombers you can absolutely do that. I MIGHT dispute your arguments but I am not going to get you to answer for them. I might ask you why you have those opinions, usually because I may not understand what you said or it might fly in the face of reason, but that is by no means bashing you for having those opinions or trying to force you to see it my way, which is what you and your buddies are trying to do in a not so civil manner.

I provided an opinion and an answer and becaus ethat answer was unsatisfying and I stood up to your good buds you guys continue to take me to task.

I don't like his rumour mongering, often he says really odd things that makes me question his knowledge, and many other things. He ultimately rubs me the wrong way so rather than have to deal with him and his opinions I choose not to listen. I don't care how connected he is, I don't care if you want to bear his children, I just don't like the guy and, I think many of his opinions are, like I said initially, stupid. If you don't like that so be it. Not much I can do about it. If you think I am stupid or whatever, that's fine too. So be it.

No.. Everyone is held to the same standard. You just dont seem to understand that.