[MERGED] Low Down, Rock Bottom (Stone Cold Stunned?)

IC Khari

BOD replaced, Wade Miller fired, Walters fired, MOS fired. Rest of coaching staff gone. The only one who has done anything is Richie Hall. He has taken a defense that started slow and was inept and has molded a above average d, still a work in progress but a least  there's progress. Have a feeling none of this will happened till after the season unless there's some token sacrifice, Pat Tracey i'm looking at you. No I think it will be statue quo for the rest of the season. I hope i'm wrong but this horror movie is far from over. And by the way i don't want to hear we would have won if Willy would have played, they would have killed us if Durant would of played.

^^^^

THIS

You need to start right at the very top to clean house this time, or else the result will be just the same...

What will cleaning house now do?

It won't salvage the season;

It won't bring back Willy;

It won't change the fact the Blue lack Canadian talent.

This is a process these guys aside from Bel-FAIL deserve another year wit ha healthy Willy and solid qb and some Canadians maturing specificlly Gossen on the o-line.

This seaon was over after last weeks game now it will be a string of blow outs wit ha win or two sprinkled in to give us fans the faint hope that things will get better but there is no quick fix and that is sad but true. Don't forget these guys are cleaning up Mack's mess, which is akin to cleaning up a nasty oil spill!

First if all i said nothing would probably happen till after the season was over. Why is it ever year we don't have  quality canadians on this team?. A quick turnaround can happen if you have the right people steering the ship, we don't.

BOD replaced, Wade Miller fired, Walters fired, MOS fired. Rest of coaching staff gone. The only one who has done anything is Richie Hall. He has taken a defense that started slow and was inept and has molded a above average d, still a work in progress but a least  there's progress. Have a feeling none of this will happened till after the season unless there's some token sacrifice, Pat Tracey i'm looking at you. No I think it will be statue quo for the rest of the season. I hope i'm wrong but this horror movie is far from over. And by the way i don't want to hear we would have won if Willy would have played, they would have killed us if Durant would of played.

^^^^

THIS

You need to start right at the very top to clean house this time, or else the result will be just the same...

This is a process these guys aside from Bel-FAIL deserve another year wit ha healthy Willy and solid qb and some Canadians maturing specificlly Gossen on the o-line.

This seaon was over after last weeks game now it will be a string of blow outs wit ha win or two sprinkled in to give us fans the faint hope that things will get better but there is no quick fix and that is sad but true. Don't forget these guys are cleaning up Mack's mess, which is akin to cleaning up a nasty oil spill!

So how can an expansion team in their second year be in a playoff spot with a better record than the Bombers?  What process are the RedBlacks utilizing that they can start from scratch 1.5 years ago and be a more talented team than the Bombers today?

Better coaching plain and simple.    They also cut dead weight (and some talented guys but mostly dead weight)

^^^^

THIS

So how can an expansion team in their second year be in a playoff spot with a better record than the Bombers?  What process are the RedBlacks utilizing that they can start from scratch 1.5 years ago and be a more talented team than the Bombers today?

Better coaching plain and simple.    They also cut dead weight (and some talented guys but mostly dead weight)

If we finsih below Ottawa this eason, there will be no redemption for even Walters in spite of some of the good work he has done.

I believe we changed upwards of 20 players this year. We never win the Labour Day game, and we had to know the roughies would be fired up for their new coach. Our offence was putrid, and while it's the qb who executes the plays, he simply executes the play he's told to run. Brohm is not the answer, that's glaringly apparent. But MB gives the orders for the plays, and I, like many others, believe that this mess is primarily his fault. Fire him, promote from within, and move on.

Anyone who did not see this coming over the last month should be ashamed. Despite all the losses Sask still had way better talent on the field. Smith had been progressing, the were scoring, etc. They mostly were just shooting themselves in the foot. Winnipeg, on the other hand, had been dropping in offensive production, even with Willy, were incredible inconsistent, taking way too many penalties, sucking on special teams and giving out points like they were candy. Despite the records Winnipeg was the worst team in Canada by a long shot going into this game.

Oh and regardless of records Winnipeg usually loses this game. Sadly though gone are the days when we could return the favour in the Banjo Bowl.

To sum up, Winnipeg drops the next two games, Sask wins their next two.

^^^^

THIS

You are wrong, because with free-agency and players being offered more NFL shots these days, no team has the luxury of 3 or 4 years to build a contender - by that time, the "core" of good players you start with are gone, and you're in rebuilding mode again.

This is a "what have you done for me lately" business. The problem with the org as it is now, being driven by the BOD and it's prferences towards management and the onfield product, is that there is no urgency to win. If you do not have the attitude of "win at all costs" then you will never dig out of the hole. What Bombers really need is a private owner who has very deep pockets and a big ego that wants to win at all costs. Someone who doesn't take 6 months to make decisions that everyone else realize are necessities after a week or two... Someone who doesn't think that hiring their old cronies, or finding some fan-popular has-beens is a blueprint to success...

Private ownership is no guarantee of a turn around. None. I should point out Sask and Edmonton are also community-owned and have the drive to win. It is all about the structure, checks and balances, and hiring the right people. I should also point out that a number of the privately owned teams in this league cost every teams bundles of cash over the years because of their mismanagement. (Some were even crappy on the field, too)

IMHO the season is clearly over so there is nothing at all to be lost by showing MOS, MB, and PT the door and moving Hall to HC, Howell to OC and just about any schmoe to ST coach. At the end of the year bring in and independent person to assess this team from the BOG down to coaching and go from there. I would turf Mini Mack too since he, like most other GMs since Taman, has zero ability to work on the WHOLE TEAM in the off-season.

Like someone so wisely mentioned above, this is the CFL in the 2000's you simply do not have three or four years to build a winner. If you cannot significantly improve a team over two years you need to find another job. Perhaps a HR at McDonalds? Buh-bye Mini Mack.

^^^^

THIS

If we finsih below Ottawa this eason, there will be no redemption for even Walters in spite of some of the good work he has done.

Good work?  Time to stop making excuses for the guy. Sorry, there's no good work when the team is sinking faster than the Titanic & the record since the start of the 2014 season is 9-19.

Walters has upgraded the Canadian talent since his arrival, and that would include Westerman, Neufeld and so forth- not to elite (Calgary) level but much better than the Mack and Kelly eras. I suggest that Walters has another year to turn things around but beyond Hall and a couple of other assistant coaches, we need to flush the crapper. Our talent is not great but until we have competent coaches, we won't know how good they really are.

Perspective folks : you were playing a highly dubious backup against a desperate team and were still mostly competitive

Yes perspective. Doug Brown's perspective was we were playing an 0 and 9 team who just fired their GM and Coach and were starting their third string QB. 

Silver lining, with Nichols in next week getting the ball to our playmakers, I think we win. We have players who can make plays, they just need the ball.

It's plain the head coach is way over his head...The assistants are bogus...Etcheverry, now Bellefool, Tracey and Wiley have not impressed either...These hires have to have a giant question mark beside them, one that denotes incompetence...The head coach will hang on till another losing season is in the books, but somebody has to go now ,to appease the fan base at least...Going to be plenty of empty seats at IGF till management straightens out another colossal mess...I have been unhappy with the performance of this club before...now I'm just down right livid...Everyone should be under review from Walters on down AND the proper actions taken. Signed 'totally pissed off'

I don't live in Winnipeg but I refer to a comment I heard last night on the CJOB website listening to the post game show. About how Wade Miller recently was describing a 3 year plan & that the Bombers would stick to it no matter what. That's a huge concern to me as the Bombers situation is a fluid one, not static & changes need to be made as needed not after the 2016 season. If Miller sticks to this plan of no changes then we're in even bigger trouble than we all thought. I was actually quite taken aback to hear Bob & Doug talking about it. 

The so called 3 year plan is simply a ploy to buy himself more time. A plan denotes some element of continued progress as a plan develops. Granted it isn't always measured by wins but progress can be measured by improvement in personnel, performance, the reduction in critical errors, and the ability to recovery from adversity. If he believes we have seen that as a part of his plan he better start planning for his next job.

The so called 3 year plan is simply a ploy to buy himself more time. A plan denotes some element of continued progress as a plan develops. Granted it isn't always measured by wins but progress can be measured by improvement in personnel, performance, the reduction in critical errors, and the ability to recovery from adversity. If he believes we have seen that as a part of his plan he better start planning for his next job.

Knowing how the BOD worked in the past they'll wait until the Earth is scorched before they do anything. 

Knowing how the BOD worked in the past they'll wait until the Earth is scorched before they do anything.

Remember Berry, every 6 games there were changes made if things weren't going well, God I miss having a guy around who knew what they were doing.

Remember Berry, every 6 games there were changes made if things weren't going well, God I miss having a guy around who knew what they were doing.

:lol:

Remember Dinwiddie and Glenn being co-offensive coordinators in 2008 as Berry's buddy sat in the room and on the sidelines while Berry wouldn't fire him?  That's what cost Berry his job.  Berry had some pretty significant struggles himself.  The fact that he's vanished pretty much shows you how he's viewed.  If he was a even close to being a good head coach he would have got 2-3 shots at it.

Remember Dinwiddie and Glenn being co-offensive coordinators in 2008 as Berry's buddy sat in the room and on the sidelines while Berry wouldn't fire him?  That's what cost Berry his job.  Berry had some pretty significant struggles himself.  The fact that he's vanished pretty much shows you how he's viewed.  If he was a even close to being a good head coach he would have got 2-3 shots at it.

Close but no cigar, Berry lost his job even before the season started when Taman and the rest of the penny pinchers wouldn't let him field the team he wanted to, I believe the quote went something like 'some of you are only here because your cheaper'. Berry didn't lift a finger that year and I don't blame him.

Close but no cigar, Berry lost his job even before the season started when Taman and the rest of the penny pinchers wouldn't let him field the team he wanted to, I believe the quote went something like 'some of you are only here because your cheaper'. Berry didn't lift a finger that year and I don't blame him.

Sounds like a leader.

Let him field the team he wanted to... we had just come off a grey cup run...

It was Berry that wrecked that team by trying to make them fit his mould instead of working with the talent he had (sound familiar MB?) - Taman ended up remaking the team for him halfway through the season - Joe Smith/Roberts trade - then once we had blown up the team, Bauer gave up on everyone and blew it up again.

Just like Ritchie before, Bauer was just waiting for an excuse to clean house...  guy had way too much power.