[MERGED] Low Down, Rock Bottom (Stone Cold Stunned?)

IC Khari

I don't live in Winnipeg but I refer to a comment I heard last night on the CJOB website listening to the post game show. About how Wade Miller recently was describing a 3 year plan & that the Bombers would stick to it no matter what. That's a huge concern to me as the Bombers situation is a fluid one, not static & changes need to be made as needed not after the 2016 season. If Miller sticks to this plan of no changes then we're in even bigger trouble than we all thought. I was actually quite taken aback to hear Bob & Doug talking about it. 

Heard that interview on Hustler and Lawless.  Wade said the Bombers are heading in the right direction.

I don't live in Winnipeg but I refer to a comment I heard last night on the CJOB website listening to the post game show. About how Wade Miller recently was describing a 3 year plan & that the Bombers would stick to it no matter what. That's a huge concern to me as the Bombers situation is a fluid one, not static & changes need to be made as needed not after the 2016 season. If Miller sticks to this plan of no changes then we're in even bigger trouble than we all thought. I was actually quite taken aback to hear Bob & Doug talking about it.

Heard that interview on Hustler and Lawless. Wade said the Bombers are heading in the right direction.
I'm starting to wonder of O'Shea and Wade are always drunk, or on some kind of "upper" drug that makes everything seem wonderful all the time? It's like they're living in their own little world where everything is always great.

Perspective folks : you were playing a highly dubious backup against a desperate team and were still mostly competitive

Um. The real perspective is Winnipeg is in real serious trouble. If they were even a mediocre team they would get by with having a dubious back-up. There is not one positive to draw from this game ... Other than fans will not have to pull out their winter wear to watch games in November.

Perspective folks : you were playing a highly dubious backup against a desperate team and were still mostly competitive

Um. The real perspective is Winnipeg is in real serious trouble. If they were even a mediocre team they would get by with having a dubious back-up. There is not one positive to draw from this game ... Other than fans will not have to pull out their winter wear to watch games in November.

The other positive is that the Jets will be nicely into their season by then so we can forget this mess somewhat ...

Heard that interview on Hustler and Lawless.  Wade said the Bombers are heading in the right direction.

Crazy.Totally out of touch. 

Crazy.Totally out of touch.

Yep. Pretty scary, eh? Which is why I say this entire organization needs a serious audit. More than twenty years of mostly futility should tell you your system is forked.

So, what if the Bombers won say one more game this season & finishes at 4-14? Do we speculate & say they'd stick to their guns & make no changes at the HC level? How could they sell that to fans? 

The so called 3 year plan is simply a ploy to buy himself more time. A plan denotes some element of continued progress as a plan develops. Granted it isn't always measured by wins but progress can be measured by improvement in personnel, performance, the reduction in critical errors, and the ability to recovery from adversity. If he believes we have seen that as a part of his plan he better start planning for his next job.

Knowing how the BOD worked in the past they'll wait until the Earth is scorched before they do anything.

Remember Berry, every 6 games there were changes made if things weren't going well, God I miss having a guy around who knew what they were doing.

:lol:

Remember Dinwiddie and Glenn being co-offensive coordinators in 2008 as Berry's buddy sat in the room and on the sidelines while Berry wouldn't fire him?  That's what cost Berry his job.  Berry had some pretty significant struggles himself.  The fact that he's vanished pretty much shows you how he's viewed.  If he was a even close to being a good head coach he would have got 2-3 shots at it.

Close but no cigar, Berry lost his job even before the season started when Taman and the rest of the penny pinchers wouldn't let him field the team he wanted to, I believe the quote went something like 'some of you are only here because your cheaper'. Berry didn't lift a finger that year and I don't blame him.

Let him field the team he wanted to... we had just come off a grey cup run...

It was Berry that wrecked that team by trying to make them fit his mould instead of working with the talent he had (sound familiar MB?) - Taman ended up remaking the team for him halfway through the season - Joe Smith/Roberts trade - then once we had blown up the team, Bauer gave up on everyone and blew it up again.

Just like Ritchie before, Bauer was just waiting for an excuse to clean house...  guy had way too much power.

Coaching faux pas 101.