Yawn

BigBlue

MOS needs to come out  like Vince Lombardi in a fedora, blue striped suit, white shirt, tie, shiny black dress shoes &  coat yelling, "What the hell is goin' on out there??!!! They're killin' me!  KILLIN' ME!!!!"

Oh c'mon! None of you know what type of relationship O'Shea has with the players or how he interacts with them in the locker room.

Its truly ridiculous the way people think they know oh so much from a persons body language or mannerisms..

Not one of us has seen how he conducts himself with players and other coaches/management..

He looks like he's one of the boys...that is not a good trait for leadership.

That's a pretty good observation. It's like he's the leader, but also one of the boys. He's struggling with no longer being a teammate and with being the boss. His job isn't to be friends with players or to be loyal. His job is to win games.

Spot on.  O'Shea has to be above the players and the GM has to be above everyone.  Without separation their analytical reasoning can be prejudiced and influence the calculated decision making necessary to build a winning regime.  Scotty Bowman was never a friend of the players, he was their boss.

Personally I feel the coaches who yell on the sideline are more likely to be a nut job than a Vince Lombardi. I like the quiet, cerebral type like Bud Grant, Trestman, Shula and Tom Landry.  To me O'Shea is fine except for his willingness to let MB run the offence come hell or high water. He's a QB killer and this is a QB's league.

Chris Jones is an a hole but as an outsider looking at him its clear that he calls the shots and is in full control.

He looks like he gets the most out of his players and knows when to push buttons or when to change gears when things are not working.

He gave away Nicholls who has done way more while OShea rewards Brohm with a start.

1) O'Shea has not named the starter yet.

2) You would really start a QB who has had only 2 or 3 practices with a new team?

What's the other option? Start the guy who has completed 2 or 3 passes in 2 years?

Chris Jones is an a hole but as an outsider looking at him its clear that he calls the shots and is in full control.

He looks like he gets the most out of his players and knows when to push buttons or when to change gears when things are not working.

He gave away Nicholls who has done way more while OShea rewards Brohm with a start.

1) O'Shea has not named the starter yet.

2) You would really start a QB who has had only 2 or 3 practices with a new team?

What's the other option? Start the guy who has completed 2 or 3 passes in 2 years?

This comment is 90% exaggeration, 10% perspiration.

It all went downhill when Willy got hurt. Our backup QBS are very bad. With just average backup QB play... it's a different story really

The way Willy kept getting hit it was just a matter of time till he got too hurt to play...really. It's the same story, it was just a matter of time.

...and since nothing has changed in terms of the protection schemes or the personnel, we shouldn't cheer too lustily for Willy's rapid return.  Same thing is going to happen again and again, until changes are made.  If that doesn't happen, we will wake up one morning to hear a doctor tell us the reasons Willy can't play anymore, and he will take his well-earned seat beside Buck in the spotters box as a former warrior who gave his all for the Bombers and accomplished little.

Brohm is nothing but a waste of time at this point.

From any playing time he may get down to every rep he takes in practice.

Brohm is a waste at this point. But unfortunately we don't have any other option. So I'm not sure I'd say he's being rewarded being the starter. It's literally the teams only option at this point, and I'm sure Brohm is aware of that.

I'm willing to give brohm one start to see what he can do. Honestly how much worser than Marve could he be. If we are being honest, Marve totally sucked. Not sure brohm could do worse. We all wanted Marve to be awesome or even average but he actually showed why he was 3rd string. It's unfortunate but Marve wasn't good. 135 yards net O last game. 96 through 3 quarters. Marve wasn't good.

Brohm is nothing but a waste of time at this point.

From any playing time he may get down to every rep he takes in practice.

Brohm is a waste at this point. But unfortunately we don't have any other option. So I'm not sure I'd say he's being rewarded being the starter. It's literally the teams only option at this point, and I'm sure Brohm is aware of that.

The thing is, he isn't "literally" the only option.