Yawn

BigBlue

It all went downhill when Willy got hurt. Our backup QBS are very bad. With just average backup QB play... it's a different story really

And we have an average QB now in Matt Nichols.  I'm pretty excited for the second half of the season now, especially with the D and special teams starting to come around and look strong. 

It all went downhill when Willy got hurt. Our backup QBS are very bad. With just average backup QB play... it's a different story really

And we have an average QB now in Matt Nichols. I'm pretty excited for the second half of the season now, especially with the D and special teams starting to come around and look strong.
Tend to agree. Should be interesting. I will say tho... I want MB gone at years end but when you have qbs who can't throw the ball accurately more than 5 yards.... not sure it matters who the OC is.

agree op, I don't care much anymore either. I was close to sick of the mess when they let Drew get pounded week after week till he finally got badly injured.

Lastest qb move smells like desperation to me. hope it works, but…. I doubt it.

I Like Ritchie Hall though. defence is pretty good. Make him head coach, and build from there.

And we have an average QB now in Matt Nichols.  I'm pretty excited for the second half of the season now, especially with the D and special teams starting to come around and look strong. 

I'm concerned it's not enough. We need that lineman that Edmonton got. Damnit!

I'm concerned it's not enough. We need that lineman that Edmonton got. Damnit!

There is a CFL regulation that a team can have only one Simmons on its roster at a time.

What's worse this time around is that you could see Mike Kelly was a mistake, you could see that Mack was a mistake but I was really cheering for Walters/OShea even though we were really following much the same pattern as other years...

I think we all were/are. I still am. I'm sick (and bored) of the merry-go-round we've endured over the past 10 seasons at CEO, GM, and mostly coach. I don't want a 'bum' in there forever, but I don't want to be changing them out every year either - I like to see them get enough rope to hang themselves with. MOS is starting on his rope unfortunately but he's Canadian and loyal to the game - both as a player and now as a coach - so I do want him to succeed and since he's our coach I want to see him succeed here. 

I'm still in his corner but it gets tougher and tougher :(

I honestly don't know what o shea brings to the table as a head coach?

Maybe players respect only?

He certainly doesn't bring intensity. He doesn't bring any great game planning.

He doesn't have the appearance of a guy who isn't over his head or someone in complete control.

I honestly don't know what o shea brings to the table as a head coach?

Maybe players respect only?

He certainly doesn't bring intensity. He doesn't bring any great game planning.

He doesn't have the appearance of a guy who isn't over his head or someone in complete control.

As a head coach I want someone who's a strong leader. I think O'Shea is a decent leader, but you're right in that I'd like to see more intensity/fire from him at times.

Chris Jones is an a hole but as an outsider looking at him its clear that he calls the shots and is in full control.

He looks like he gets the most out of his players and knows when to push buttons or when to change gears when things are not working.

He gave away Nicholls who has done way more while OShea rewards Brohm with a start.

He looks like he's one of the boys...that is not a good trait for leadership.

That's a pretty good observation. It's like he's the leader, but also one of the boys. He's struggling with no longer being a teammate and with being the boss. His job isn't to be friends with players or to be loyal. His job is to win games.

Chris Jones is an a hole but as an outsider looking at him its clear that he calls the shots and is in full control.

He looks like he gets the most out of his players and knows when to push buttons or when to change gears when things are not working.

He gave away Nicholls who has done way more while OShea rewards Brohm with a start.

1) O'Shea has not named the starter yet.

2) You would really start a QB who has had only 2 or 3 practices with a new team?

Oh, come on, you're not seriously advocating starting a QB who has been here 1 day are you? And blaming O'Shea for that?

He's not rewarding him, he has no choice.