If I Were Kyle Walters ...

Guest J5V

If I was Kyle Walters, I'd replace myself with Higgins.

Walters has a lot less to answer for than the head coach and offensive coordinator. Walters deserves another chance to turn this thing around, but O'Shea has run his course and has been found wanting.

Let this season play out. Then decide who hired who, who kept who, who is responsible for the apparent lack of QB depth, who thought Hurl was going to be a legit MLB, who thought Picard was still worth 200k, who hired MB originally, who kept MB, who hired Etch. You can spend the next 9 games formulating a checklist and report card and then make decisions. It is apparent that there are more questions then answers at this point. There needs to be objective analysis of all aspects and not post game hysteria.

The D has been coming around fairly well the last hand full of weeks. especially considering weve gone into some games with very little chance of winning.  MB on the other hand should be drawing his last pay days as a OC in the cfl, i dont expect miracles, but i think MB is a real negative even with willy in.

The D has been coming around fairly well the last hand full of weeks. especially considering weve gone into some games with very little chance of winning.  MB on the other hand should be drawing his last pay days as a OC in the cfl, i dont expect miracles, but i think MB is a real negative even with willy in.

I don't have the optimism to believe that keeping Willy healthy under Marcel's protection scheme is a sustainable plan for the future.  Marve was juking and jiving to avoid being tackled in the "death pocket" and without that mobility he would have been sacked at least 4 more times.

I don't have the optimism to believe that keeping Willy healthy under Marcel's protection scheme is a sustainable plan for the future.  Marve was juking and jiving to avoid being tackled in the "death pocket", without that mobility he would have been sacked at least 4 more times.

IT must be something with the pass protection schemes.  All that money and changeover to the offensive line and it 's still as bad as ever.

I'm not sure what plays you call to counteract a quarterback who is turning into a statue when looking downfield and not getting the ball out.  Even worse with our OL that continually gets flat out beat up physically.

Triple option right?  Can't run left.  Can't call any pass play that rolls right now because that's being spied and shut down by the defense.  The option is about all Marve can run with how he was playing tonight.  His accuracy beyond 5 yards is horrendous, both starts.  His deep balls are just chucked, probably the worst I've seen since Kevin Mason back in the Reinebold days.  

I'm not sure how coaches get blamed for this.  Walters, Goveia, McManus should be getting most of the blame.  This roster has no depth, particularly at import positions which should be relatively easy to fill quickly.  The backup quarterback depth is a joke.  If Marve has another game like this they've got to move on to the next guy.  Not worth wasting reps on a player who lacks the basic skills required from the position.  I don't care how well he can run, if he can't set his feet and make a basic throw he's never going to be effective.  He's too easy to defend if he's one dimensional.

I don't have the optimism to believe that keeping Willy healthy under Marcel's protection scheme is a sustainable plan for the future.  Marve was juking and jiving to avoid being tackled in the "death pocket", without that mobility he would have been sacked at least 4 more times.

IT must be something with the pass protection schemes.  All that money and changeover to the offensive line and it 's still as bad as ever.

They spent money on a centre who's been brutal for years and a left tackle.  Chungh is a rookie.  Expectations were ridiculous.

I'm not sure what plays you call to counteract a quarterback who is turning into a statue when looking downfield and not getting the ball out.  Even worse with our OL that continually gets flat out beat up physically.

Triple option right?  Can't run left.  Can't call any pass play that rolls right now because that's being spied and shut down by the defense.  The option is about all Marve can run with how he was playing tonight.  His accuracy beyond 5 yards is horrendous, both starts.  His deep balls are just chucked, probably the worst I've seen since Kevin Mason back in the Reinebold days.  

I'm not sure how coaches get blamed for this.  Walters, Goveia, McManus should be getting most of the blame.  This roster has no depth, particularly at import positions which should be relatively easy to fill quickly.  The backup quarterback depth is a joke.  If Marve has another game like this they've got to move on to the next guy.  Not worth wasting reps on a player who lacks the basic skills required from the position.  I don't care how well he can run, if he can't set his feet and make a basic throw he's never going to be effective.  He's too easy to defend if he's one dimensional.

I thought a few weeks ago you were placing some of the blame on MB for terrible pass protection of the QB..or maybe I'm mistaken?

Tater's thoughts.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Watching-film-no-answer-323347221.html

They’ll watch the film. Oh, will they watch the film all right. In fact, they’ll watch the hell out of it in the next few days.

That’s what the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, to a man, spit out ad nauseum after every defeat. They won’t point fingers, they won’t call anybody out publicly.

Well, we can spare them the time and the effort: this is not a good football team and nobody needs to press play, pause or rewind on Saturday’s 36-8 loss to the Calgary Stampeders to reach that conclusion.And — absolutely under no circumstances — do they make any kind of blanket statements or rash judgements until they meticulously go over the videotape evidence.

The Bombers skidded to the midway point of the 2015 season at 3-6 with the latest in a series of stink bombs dropped at Investors Group Field.

Oh sure, they were without their starting quarterback, tailback, deep threat and centre in Saturday night’s massacre. And, yes, there is still a half season of football left to be played.

But here’s a number to munch on while we all play coroner over the next few days and attempt to determine the latest cause of death for a franchise again in a serious nosedive:

Since opening 2014 at 5-1, this football team has gone 5-16 over its last 21 games.

Roll that around again one more time, Bomber fans, and then spit.

Look, if it’s true that there is no sin worse than losing in professional football, then we’d tack on this addendum when it comes to the Bombers: there’s no sin worse than losing AND being boring at the same time.

And Saturday’s contest in south Winnipeg had zilch-o entertainment value. Robert Marve & Co. amassed just 135 yards net offence, the longest play from scrimmage only 15 yards. There were too many penalties and too many breakdowns in what has become an all too predictable result.

This regime is absolutely lost. From the GM down to coaches & then to the players. We haven't got the players to win & the coaches don't know what to do to stop the habitual losing. If you think 3-6 is bad, we're looking at a 3-15 or maybe a 4-14 season folks. This is going to be like a snowball rolling down a mountain before it's over. It's going to get real ugly. 

This regime is absolutely lost. From the GM down to coaches & then to the players. We haven't got the players to win & the coaches don't know what to do to stop the habitual losing. If you think 3-6 is bad, we're looking at a 3-15 or maybe a 4-14 season folks. This is going to be like a snowball rolling down a mountain before it's over. It's going to get real ugly. 

I think that's a bit of an over-reaction, generally other than a few positions like MLB, backup QB and overall O-Line strength I believe the Bombers have the personnel in place to compete with any team.  Moving Bass to MLB and allowing a rotation of Hurl, Sherman and Newman at OLB would show an immediate improvement in the D imo.  While the other two areas are more difficult to fix I think adding an extra import on the O-line would be a rational move to make at this point.