Depth Chart vs Calgary

TrueBlue

I think that Simmons is being over rated by many on this forum. Last year in Orrawa he was the best of a very bad lot, but it's pretty obvious that on a team with talent he is depth. Hopefully, he can play himself onto the 44 man and help us down the stretch, but people shouldn't be crying foul because he hasn't done so in his first week.

Ok Scooby  :D  :D  :D :D  

He wasn't deemed good enough to play ST in Calgary. You have to ask yourself why?

I did ask myself why, but I'm not on good speaking terms with myself, so, I didn't get an answer.

Simmons couldn't get on the field as a special teamer yet he thought he should be starting over Stamps Deron Mayo. LOL!

I think that Simmons is being over rated by many on this forum. Last year in Orrawa he was the best of a very bad lot, but it's pretty obvious that on a team with talent he is depth. Hopefully, he can play himself onto the 44 man and help us down the stretch, but people shouldn't be crying foul because he hasn't done so in his first week.

Ok Scooby  :D  :D  :D :D  

LOL!

IIRC...this board as a whole were pretty pumped about the Picard signing. Now all of a sudden he's a bum.

Because he, and the OL as a whole, aren't playing to our expectations. I was very excited when we signed Picard, but I've changed my mind.

I'm with you there. He's quickly become this years Kuale.

Since we are coming off a bye week we have no excuses. What I'm hoping to see in this game against Calgary is a well prepared team with a great game plan on offense, defense, and special teams. I want to see good adjustments at the half and I want to see that our coaches are not asleep at the wheel. We don't have to win because I believe we don't match up talent wise with Calgary's players. But we need to show we are a professionally prepared and run football team. If not, there is no hope but for another dismal season.

IIRC...this board as a whole were pretty pumped about the Picard signing. Now all of a sudden he's a bum.

Because he, and the OL as a whole, aren't playing to our expectations. I was very excited when we signed Picard, but I've changed my mind.

For all criticizing the signing of Picard, do you really think Chungh would be playing as well as he has in his first year if he had Morley as a teacher?  An O-Line of "gentle giants" has not served the Bombers well in the past.  I understand some people need a whipping boy but I think Picard adds value to the O-Line as a whole with his attitude and leadership even if it is only for the remainder of this year.

Since we are coming off a bye week we have no excuses. What I'm hoping to see in this game against Calgary is a well prepared team with a great game plan on offense, defense, and special teams. I want to see good adjustments at the half and I want to see that our coaches are not asleep at the wheel. We don't have to win because I believe we don't match up talent wise with Calgary's players. But we need to show we are a professionally prepared and run football team. If not, there is no hope but for another dismal season.

Couldn't agree more. We don't need to win the game, lets just compete and make some adjustments (if needed). Lets see the 'growth' of this team.

As for the oline. I guess you are only as strong as your weakest link. For us that's one of the guards and the center position. Bryant is a stud but can't do it all. Daniels played good enough until injured. Chungh has been good for a rookie. The one guard and center spot has been awful. Now we got a question mark with Neufeld at tackle. Wouldn't shock me to see Neufeld struggle and or get hurt again.

Since this is serving as the game-day thread, here goes. It is probably going to be as simple as this: if Calgary can run against us, we're screwed. If we can run against Calgary, be it our RB or our QB, we win. The usual caveats apply; we cannot give up another TD from a kick return and apparently Stoudemire is on returns again, giving credence to those who see O'Shea as stubbornly clinging to what is not working, so we are not likely to see any spectacular work from him, but he cannot screw up again by fumbling or losing yards by dicking around. Marve does not have to be a world-beater, he just has to play well enough to not lose through his own actions. This edition is fragile enough with Willy at the helm but they/we need to hope that even without Willy, we have a chance at a post-season. The team knows even better than we that Brohm is inadequate and if there is no reason to believe that Marve can steer the team for the rest of the season, it would be all downhill from there.

IIRC...this board as a whole were pretty pumped about the Picard signing.   Now all of a sudden he's a bum. 

JBR (who seems to know a thing or three about OL play) was vocally unimpressed by the Picard signing.

Apart from Goossen who was obviously judged as unready to start, we had no real option at center other than looking for an import. Picard was worth a shot and I still maintain that he cannot be properly assessed until the rest of the line starts playing well.

IIRC...this board as a whole were pretty pumped about the Picard signing.   Now all of a sudden he's a bum. 

JBR (who seems to know a thing or three about OL play) was vocally unimpressed by the Picard signing.

Apart from Goossen who was obviously judged as unready to start, we had no real option at center other than looking for an import. Picard was worth a shot and I still maintain that he cannot be properly assessed until the rest of the line starts playing well.

He's part of 'the rest'  He's probably going to wind up on his rear end whenever he's 1 on 1 with a half-decent DT.