Is B.C. worse than the Blue?

Sooner or later the finger pointing will start and the blame game. At some point it will tip urn into CYA time and then someone will finally be held accountable. Take your pick Miller, Walters or O'Shea. The hall pass usually starts at the top and then works it's way down.

Wally gutted the Lions. He interfered too much as a GM. The trouble with Buono is his huge ego & the fact he thinks he is the best coach the Lions have. He may be but the trouble is he is the elephant in the room just like Jim Popp is in Montreal.

I couldn't agree more, however, I have a dreaded feeling both of those teams will be playoff bound and looking down on us at season's end.

Well, we'll see. If we are on the outside looking in, will anything be done about it?

Good question. Interesting to see that Montreal just fired Higgins. If Popp was in Wpg would he have pulled the trigger on O'Shea by now? We seem to be a lot more tolerant of failure here than in other cities.

Really? Is that why we're on the 4th gm in the last 10 years and the 6th head coach in that same time frame? You really think that says patience? To me it's a lot of impatience

Too close to call.. Our defense is better then theirs.. Their QB is better then ours.. Their RB is better.. Better coaching for BC..

Oline is a wash, STs seem to be as well. We take less penalties i believe...

*shrug*

I haven't seen any evidence of that this season.  Washington is in way over his head.  BC's defense is loaded with talent, but they can't get off the field.  That's bad play calling, bad intuition and not putting the guys in position to make the big plays when they are needed.  Lulay is by far the worst starting QB in the league to this point.  BC is giving up 70 more yards per game than they gain on average, the Bombers give up about 45 more on average.  About the only spots I'd give BC a significant advantage are offensive line and kicker.  Lulay has a track record 4 years ago, but has struggled since and they don't score many points, basically at the same rate as our backup QB's.

I'm not a huge O'Shea fan, going from special teams three years experience, to head coach, too much to learn, so I'm skeptical that he can get it done.

He's  learning on the job. I don't know enough to say if he's improving as a head coach or not.

Oshea should get the rest of this year, and next season.

Progress, improvement and becoming consistent.

This is what i want to see but as loyal as I can come across to walters and O'shea, if we tank hard and drift aimlessly like last seasons second half, i have no reason to keep em around for continuality sake.

That said, im also alot more likely to give em another season even if we miss playoffs but look competitive doing it.

Dear MOS,

You've got our team in a playoff spot at the moment.  We're playing meaningful games right now.  Our 3rd string quarterback did not look out of place with only one 1st team practice under his belt.

Why is everyone else complaining?

Because we're afraid he'll have a brain cramp & play Brohm. 

Bomber still have a legitimate shot at 3rd in the West... or even third in the east... I don't see Mtl or Ott doing much down the stretch... I can realistically see the bomber going 5-5... optimistically 6-4... down the stretch... 8 or 9 wins will definitely be good enough for the playoffs this year...

Bomber still have a legitimate shot at 3rd in the West... or even third in the east... I don't see Mtl or Ott doing much down the stretch... I can realistically see the bomber going 5-5... optimistically 6-4... down the stretch... 8 or 9 wins will definitely be good enough for the playoffs this year...

Yes. As another poster said, Mtl is in turmoil. Ottawa has the same problem as us, unproven coaching. If Ottawa has an edge on us I believe it is Henry Burris and his experience. We don't have a veteran leader like that, someone that can teach the players how to win. We have to rely on Mike O'Shea for that and thusfar the results have been sporadic at best. Marcel Bellefeuille could have been that guy but I don't think he is up to the challenge either. We sorely lack the coaching and/or veteran leadership required. I wish we had a Buono type here to serve as an adviser to O'Shea.

Yes. As another poster said, Mtl is in turmoil. Ottawa has the same problem as us, unproven coaching. If Ottawa has an edge on us I believe it is Henry Burris and his experience. We don't have a veteran leader like that, someone that can teach the players how to win. We have to rely on Mike O'Shea for that and thusfar the results have been sporadic at best. Marcel Bellefeuille could have been that guy but I don't think he is up to the challenge either. We sorely lack the coaching and/or veteran leadership required. I wish we had a Buono type here to serve as an adviser to O'Shea.

We also have a multiple time Grey Cup champion defensive coordinator with a couple decades of CFL experience.

Did you just say MOS wasn't a good leader? Man oh man the things you say. 

We also have a multiple time Grey Cup champion defensive coordinator with a couple decades of CFL experience.

True. It's ST that really baffles me. With O'Shea's experience as ST coach and him bringing in his pal, Pat Tracey, I can't understand why ST play has been so poor this year. Calgary will feast on our STs if that doesn't change fast.

True. It's ST that really baffles me. With O'Shea's experience as ST coach and him bringing in his pal, Pat Tracey, I can't understand why ST play has been so poor this year. Calgary will feast on our STs if that doesn't change fast.

We put too much pressure on our young Canadians to perform on special teams. Not enough veteran Canadians there and no American studs. Looking back a couple years you see Americans like Suber and B. Stewart leading the charge, or guys like Deon Lacey in Edmonton. We don't have that this season. Too much pressure on second year guys like Derek Jones and Jesse Briggs. They are still young... Coaching good or bad, young guys will **** up. That's just the way it is and you have to limit it by using better personnel.

Cal Murphy understood the importance of ST and loaded them up with his stud linebackers.

Can you even compare the CAL Murphy Era to today. The rules have changed. The game has too. Not sure if bringing up those bomber teams of the past has relevance to the cfl of today. Different time and Era really.

Cal Murphy understood the importance of ST and loaded them up with his stud linebackers.

Can you even compare the CAL Murphy Era to today. The rules have changed. The game has too. Not sure if bringing up those bomber teams of the past has relevance to the cfl of today. Different time and Era really.

I don't think the comparing eras argument holds up when talking about playing vets on ST as opposed to raw rookies. Obviously playing experienced players will be more successful.

We put too much pressure on our young Canadians to perform on special teams. Not enough veteran Canadians there and no American studs. Looking back a couple years you see Americans like Suber and B. Stewart leading the charge, or guys like Deon Lacey in Edmonton. We don't have that this season. Too much pressure on second year guys like Derek Jones and Jesse Briggs. They are still young... Coaching good or bad, young guys will **** up. That's just the way it is and you have to limit it by using better personnel.

Do you not mean Marty Markett?  I believe he had more of an impact than Suber, and please don't forget about the S.T. work of the great, unheralded, unwanted sssuper-star Don Unamba.

Suber played special teams his whole career here. I don't recall Markett having any notable impact. Unamba was a great special teams player but couldn't play defence and as an American you have to do both. That's why I'm hoping Simmons can come in and make an impact on special teams right away.

Do you not mean Marty Markett? I believe he had more of an impact than Suber, and please don't forget about the S.T. work of the great, unheralded, unwanted sssuper-star Don Unamba.

You simply cannot be a one trick pony on the teams unless yer a national. The don was not a good enough db and a less then capable Sam.

Interesting scenario next year in Calgary with Dave Dickenson taking over as HC with the Stamps. Will he bring back his brother Craig as ST Coordinator & let Mark Killam go?  Killam is a pretty good young coach & has had a lot of success with the Stamps as ST Coordinator. He may be available. Or Dave just may decide to leave the present Stamps coaching staff in place.