Week 9 - Cal.@ Ssk., Ott.@ Tor.

Mr Dee

Right now Collaros is looking like the best QB in the league and Austin looks like the shoo-in for the Coach of the Year. I really can't see any weaknesses in the team, except maybe their running game which may be a problem in cold weather. The 'Cats are full value for their record.

Great observation. With the Cup in Winnipeg weather is going to be a factor and a lack of a running game may prove to be an achilles heel..

I think Huff has figured it out...go for 2 every time in the concert. O'Shea will figure that out in 2-3 years, if he's still employed then. Guy is so stubborn.

No he won't.  :angry:

Smith looks good in my opinion. He needs a little more experience but he could be the future QB for the Riders.

He can't pass.  Marve looks better as a passer, which would be scary for me if I were a Rider fan.  Not only is he struggling with the mental side of it and decision-making, his arm does not look good at all.  He needs a lot of space to get a pass off in the pocket and he needs a wide-open target.

Was a good game but looked like Calgary was taking it easy in the first half, even in to the 2nd half.. Part of me believes the Stamps were just playing around with the Riders, not taking them overly serious.

Good game but... Lots of iffy penalties again, the one penalty on the Calgary DL for roughing the passer was a joke and a few plays later, Sask scored. 

Got the feeling the refs were trying to help out SASK at times.... But, it is what it is really.

Stamps are a way better team tho and it showed last night, Sask would make it close and then Calgary would come back and score right away. 

As for Smith, I don't see it really, I see a guy who is still looking to run first, i see a guy who can't read a D , i see a guy who makes wrong decisions, I see a guy with a weak arm, someone said it looks like any one of his passes could be picked off and thats pretty much what i see when he throws too. Sask is odd tho, Messam getting 8 yards a carry damn near yet they want Smith to throw all the time, Makes no sense really. 

I'm not sure how embarassing it is, it's just very spread out... Looks like a good sized crowd honestly... just very spread out.. 

I was gonna ask.. I've never been to a football game at skydome but.. for anyone who has.. Does it look as awful on TV as it does in person in terms of the view? Stands seem very far away from the field. 

I'm not sure how embarassing it is, it's just very spread out... Looks like a good sized crowd honestly... just very spread out.. 

I was gonna ask.. I've never been to a football game at skydome but.. for anyone who has.. Does it look as awful on TV as it does in person in terms of the view? Stands seem very far away from the field. 

It's made for baseball.  Where every seat at IGF is facing midfield more or less, every seat at SkyDome is pitched toward home plate, which is basically the endzone of the end facing the scoreboard.  It's terrible for football.

It's made for baseball.  Where every seat at IGF is facing midfield more or less, every seat at SkyDome is pitched toward home plate, which is basically the endzone of the end facing the scoreboard.  It's terrible for football.

Yeah it looks that way on TV and looks pretty brutal in terms of the view. 

They won't have to worry about playing football there when they put grass in there and kick the Argos out

They won't have to worry about playing football there when they put grass in there and kick the Argos out

You miss the part where the argos are moving to BMO next year??