The Day Early Game Day Thread - TOR @ WPG

You just have to look at what Sask did against Toronto...barely losing with a rookie QB and a league high 24 penalties. We just have to make less mistakes than the Argos, and keep that flated football in our possession and let the penalty-prone Toronto team do their thing. (Be nice if Jhomo can surprise them too)

Given that the last time, Winnipeg had a young QB come in and surprise was Troy Copp in 1998, I think we are due.

oh **** off....Dinwiddie came  in and won vs Calgary in 2009, Joey Elliot was outstanding when he first came in for Buck in 2011 (until he got hurt, too...) It really hasn't been that long....

Ok is anybody from the media gonna ask MOS y he insists in making our lineup weaker with 8 Cnd? I think Marve would rather get 4 imp Recievers to throw to no?

Big assumption there is that we have 4 healthy import receivers who are better than the NI's. We don't. Also the "starting" 8 NI's doesn't limit how they use the imports at all.
Well if we don't dress the import cause we are going to play 8 can then I'm not sure you understand the argument.Last week we were going to go with 4 imports when Moore was gonna dress but instead of dressing jhomo Gordon when Moore couldn't play we went back to 3 imp Rev 2 Cnd get it?BTW if you think dressing jfg over veltung is the way to go not much more I can say to ya really.

Given that the last time, Winnipeg had a young QB come in and surprise was Troy Copp in 1998, I think we are due.

oh **** off....Dinwiddie came  in and won vs Calgary in 2009, Joey Elliot was outstanding when he first came in for Buck in 2011 (until he got hurt, too...) It really hasn't been that long....

My apologizes, forgot the Dinwiddie game and Elliot's one good game versus Hamilton in 2012 (followed by an OK one versus B.C. and stinkers versus the Riders (2) and Calgary).

oh **** off....Dinwiddie came in and won vs Calgary in 2009, Joey Elliot was outstanding when he first came in for Buck in 2011 (until he got hurt, too...) It really hasn't been that long....

My apologizes, forgot the Dinwiddie game and Elliot's one good game versus Hamilton in 2012 (followed by an OK one versus B.C. and stinkers versus the Riders (2) and Calgary).
Elliot also won player of the week against Montreal, going 17/25 for 335 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Ok is anybody from the media gonna ask MOS y he insists in making our lineup weaker with 8 Cnd? I think Marve would rather get 4 imp Recievers to throw to no?

Big assumption there is that we have 4 healthy import receivers who are better than the NI's. We don't. Also the "starting" 8 NI's doesn't limit how they use the imports at all.
Well if we don't dress the import cause we are going to play 8 can then I'm not sure you understand the argument.Last week we were going to go with 4 imports when Moore was gonna dress but instead of dressing jhomo Gordon when Moore couldn't play we went back to 3 imp Rev 2 Cnd get it?BTW if you think dressing jfg over veltung is the way to go not much more I can say to ya really.

They both have pretty hair.

The Bombers are playing the maximum number of imports allowed. Starting 8 Canadians doesn't change that. I don't prefer JFG to Veltung, but I prefer him to Jhomo Gordon, who is a project to put it mildly. Having Jhomo Gordon on the roster last week wouldn't have made a lick of difference. I feel bad for you if you truly are just judging CFL players by their passports. Gordon was terrible in both preseason games. Hopefully he's learned how to run his routes and read the defense to get open and on the same page as his QB in the last couple months.

The Bombers are playing the maximum number of imports allowed. Starting 8 Canadians doesn't change that. I don't prefer JFG to Veltung, but I prefer him to Jhomo Gordon, who is a project to put it mildly. Having Jhomo Gordon on the roster last week wouldn't have made a lick of difference. I feel bad for you if you truly are just judging CFL players by their passports. Gordon was terrible in both preseason games. Hopefully he's learned how to run his routes and read the defense to get open and on the same page as his QB in the last couple months.
Well MOS is playing Jhomo instead of going with Jfg and Kohler as starters with another can as a backup.So your liking Jfg over jhomo is not seen by the Blue coaches.I like Jfg but his speed doesn't scare anyone.

Well MOS is playing Jhomo instead of going with Jfg and Kohler as starters with another can as a backup.So your liking Jfg over jhomo is not seen by the Blue coaches.I like Jfg but his speed doesn't scare anyone.
JFG is a pure slot guy. J-Homo is a blazer who will stretch the D.

Feoli-Gudino and Kohlert are in the exact same positions they were last week.  The depth chart is on page 1 of this thread.  Gordon is in for Adams.