Fire O'Shea

holoman

The oline is without a doubt an issue but the same thing happened to a pretty good oline in Montreal when Marcel became the OC there too, it's not a coincidence, he's a crappy OC.

I an beginning to wonder how much of these problems can be attributed to the O-line guru Bob Wyliey.  I am not convinced that the O-line problems come down to personnel but moreso play calling and system.  How much of that falls into Wylie's lap because they had no answers for what Hamilton was throwing at them today.

Bellefuile is the root of the problem...  Wylie cannot call a screen or a pitch - teams know that MB has no response to blitzing other than max protect - watch the playcalls, there's almost never an 'out' - RB is either locked down blocking or we've emptied the backfield

Interesting how Jason Mass seems to have solved some of Ottawa's offensive problems. I wonder if MOS even considered him as a replacement for MB.

Would have loved to see Maas here... but signing Ellingson, Jackson, Sinopoli, Price, Rogers solved Ottawa's offensive problems...

Interesting how Jason Mass seems to have solved some of Ottawa's offensive problems. I wonder if MOS even considered him as a replacement for MB.

Would have loved to see Maas here... but signing Ellingson, Jackson, Sinopoli, Price, Rogers solved Ottawa's offensive problems...

When they play average teams like themselves or bad ones.  Killed by Edmonton, likely to be killed by Hamilton and Toronto.

Well Ottawa must be licking their chops waiting to feast on Winnipeg then.

Will probably be a good game.  Both killed by Edmonton, both really close with Calgary and Montreal.  I don't believe Ottawa will put up much resistance to Hamilton either.  The Bombers, Ottawa, Montreal and Calgary are pretty even IMO.  I think BC and Saskatchewan are the worst teams right now.  Hamilton, Edmonton and Toronto are the best teams, Toronto is a little inconsistent.

The oline is without a doubt an issue but the same thing happened to a pretty good oline in Montreal when Marcel became the OC there too, it's not a coincidence, he's a crappy OC.

I an beginning to wonder how much of these problems can be attributed to the O-line guru Bob Wyliey.  I am not convinced that the O-line problems come down to personnel but moreso play calling and system.  How much of that falls into Wylie's lap because they had no answers for what Hamilton was throwing at them today.

Bellefuile is the root of the problem...  Wylie cannot call a screen or a pitch - teams know that MB has no response to blitzing other than max protect - watch the playcalls, there's almost never an 'out' - RB is either locked down blocking or we've emptied the backfield

I was referring more to offencive blocking schemes in general as being faulty.  I watched one play were two Bomber receivers setup up across the line from a Ti-Cat LB, they both ignored him, split their routes around him and rewarded him with a direct bee-line to Willy in the backfield for a sack.

I was referring more to offencive blocking schemes in general as being faulty.  I watched one play were two Bomber receivers setup up across the line from a Ti-Cat LB, they both ignored him, split their routes around him and rewarded him with a direct bee-line to Willy in the backfield for a sack.

I noticed that no one was rub blocking on max protect - you were either locked down or running a route

But thats still on Bellefuile...  there is never an emergency out - teams know they can send everyone because MB's only answer is an occasional hitch screen behind LOS - I'm dying for a Kevin Glenn last second flip to Roberts - Cotton or Marshall could easily block and catch

The other thing that drives me nuts is how come DelMonaco is a bum here and a genius in Calgary... and Wylie turns into a bum as soon as he comes back - I don't get it

On the bright side, next game should be MB's good game - hopefully Marve is in for it

And because neither of them realized they should block the LB that then becomes a scheme issue? That's like saying an o line man that gets beat one on one as soon as the ball is snapped is because of the scheme?

Well sure, they're just doing what they were told to do on that particular play-call.  That LB wasn't supposed to be there and neither had a clue that he might be their responsibility.

And because neither of them realized they should block the LB that then becomes a scheme issue? That's like saying an o line man that gets beat one on one as soon as the ball is snapped is because of the scheme?

Well sure, they're just doing what they were told to do on that particular play-call.  That LB wasn't supposed to be there and neither had a clue that he might be their responsibility.

If they were that stupid they wouldn't get anywhere near professional football.  That's like saying a left winger in the NHL is too dumb to realize the high guy on the left side of the ice is his responsibility in the D zone whether it's a D or a forward who slips back.

The play call rarely has a specific protection called unless it's a rollout.  Picard and to a lesser extent Willy are setting that at the line based on the front.

Sometimes it's just easier to admit that we lost to a better team. We aren't as good as the ticats. It's that simple. But 28 points I believe were off turnovers so you can say we killed ourselves. People blaming coaches always to me screams never played a team sport ever. Coaches coach. Players play however with that said I do think our OC is part of the problem