CFL Opening Week - OTT at MTL / HAM at CGY / EDM at TOR

I'll man up and say I was wrong about the Redblacks.  Even though it was only one game and they still got 17 more games ahead of em, they couldn't have asked for a much better start.

But I can't for the life of me figure out wby Jim Popp brought on Jonathan Hefney to that team, that guy is a friggin cancer everywhere he goes.  Personally I did think the call there on him was a little overblown, but come on, finish that play up and then walk away and quit yapping.  No excuse for giving the Redblacks a freebie.

Also, Turk Schonert's playcalling sucks, he's worse than Crowton.

Good for Ottawa getting their first road win ever!  

Sloppy game, but some great hits and plays.  

Eating motion's taunting  Really?  Oh well, gotta assume the players were told about it in TC.

Montreal down to their 3rd string QB by the 3rd Q of the first game?  Yikes!  Maybe we can get a 1st rounder for Marve or Brohm.

Was the hit on LeFevour legal?

Hefney makes some great plays and some stupid ones.

JJ had a nice INT.

Burris stunk in the first half and played really well in the second.

Never thought I'd see Montreal's defense get run over at the end of the game when they needed the ball back.

I start the season 0 for 1 like most.

Pretty easy to bash Montreal, but think about this ... between our team and theirs, which team has had the better record after Labor Day the last few years?

Both our teams have seen turmoil lately but look at which team seems to know how to get out of it?

There were threads last year going around the other bomber site suggesting that the Als fire Jim Popp and do a complete tear down, yet he once again pulls a rabbit out of his hat and fixes that team, and would that have happened had he got axed?

The Als have been a 2nd half of the season team and most of that is thanks to their leadeship skills and ability to stay focused, and let me tell you after last year, I certainly think people within our organization and fanbase could take note of that because for once I would like to see my bombers go out and have and strong 2nd half and go rolling into the playoffs and be the hot team for once.

Just be aware of that friends.

I had the game on but kinda tuned in and out as it really had 0 interest for me, but good golly miss molly,  was every play a penalty?? for those paying better attention,  how much was was from the new rules? or was this just 2 teams in week one have some discipline issues as the seasons so fresh?

I had the game on but kinda tuned in and out as it really had 0 interest for me, but good golly miss molly, was every play a penalty?? for those paying better attention, how much was was from the new rules? or was this just 2 teams in week one have some discipline issues as the seasons so fresh?

Very few were from the new rules. I think there were two illegal contact penalties. The rest were mostly holding, offside, and illegal blocks.

Eating motion's taunting  Really?  Oh well, gotta assume the players were told about it in TC.

Montreal down to their 3rd string QB by the 3rd Q of the first game?  Yikes!  Maybe we can get a 1st rounder for Marve or Brohm.

JJ had a nice INT.

Never thought I'd see Montreal's defense get run over at the end of the game when they needed the ball back.

Agree. A first rounder and an extra.

JJ had a nice INT.

Looks like it was incidental helmet to helmet.  I didn't see anything that suggested he was leading with his head.

I'm glad there was no call on the LeFevour hit because I don't think it was helmet-to-helmet. One of the replays showed it wasn't IMO.

I'd love to know what Hefney said to deserve a penalty that late in a game. Even more questionable when you consider the guy chirping an injured player got away without one.

They were both chirping when LeFevour was walking off the field. Give them both one or neither.

JJ had a nice INT.

Looks like it was incidental helmet to helmet.  I didn't see anything that suggested he was leading with his head.

From what I saw, the defender's initial contact was helmet to helmet, then hug Lefevour and take him down, Lefevour's shoulder hit the ground first.

Popp better have some magic and be able to pull a few rabbits...cuz this team is in a lot of trouble out of the gate...Their quarterbacking stunk and I don't see anyone on the bench...especially after the injuries that will carry them...They better pray that they can unearth another Calvillo...