CFL Opening Week - OTT at MTL / HAM at CGY / EDM at TOR

I'm interested to see what Burris can do with actual receivers this year.  Ottawa may surprise some teams like we did last year, but I don't think it will be tonight.  Montreal still has one of the best defences in the league.  All their offense has to do is score a few points and keep the ball long enough to keep the defence fresh.

Problem is their offensive line still looks like garbage out there and against that Als defensive front, if they don't do something up there, Hank's gonna get batted around like a ragdoll.  That's why I'm not a believer in them just yet.

Does it?  [Rogers - MacMillan - Gott - Deane - Kelly] seems like an OK line to me.

Problem is their offensive line still looks like garbage out there and against that Als defensive front, if they don't do something up there, Hank's gonna get batted around like a ragdoll.  That's why I'm not a believer in them just yet.

Does it?  [Rogers - MacMillan - Gott - Deane - Kelly] seems like an OK line to me.

Agreed. You beat me to this post.

I thought their D was ok last season. If they can get even average production from their offense they should be in decent shape. Mind you, they did trade away their best player on D, so who knows...

With the benefit of hindsight, the trade for Mo Price doesn't look that good anymore.  They were able to score Jackson, Ellingson and Williams in free agency so they should have been able to fill one receiver spot through scouting or with Marcus Henry or Khalil Paden... would have allowed them to keep Jasper Simmons.  Of course they didn't know if they'd get those guys in free agency so not really fair to judge.

For the 1st time, in a long time, the Bombers aren't the first team to play to start off the CFL week, and I'm good with that.

This year, we get a build up to our game. 3 games before ours. No more TSNgo BS. Just steady viewing on the tube. We'll start with the least attractive game (hairless vs ageless) and work up to a frenzy from there.

Nice.

****Just about forgot to add my source for the hairless comment (can't have that now can we?)

.@JCromp8 removed his #CFLFLow. How it will impact his play? (that's a joke, settle down) ➡ http://on.cfl.ca/OKRUA

I wonder how the big physical DB's of the Eskimos adapt to the new rules if any team will struggle with that early it will be them.

I figure Montreal is in trouble for this, besides leading in very deserved pass interference penalties how many times have we heard "Chip Cox got away with one there..."

Gamethread for all the non-bomber games.

The bomber game'll have it's own thread, but I can't wait guys cuz the action is back and it all starts off again TONIGHT at 7:30.

Go Big Blue.

6:30 I think.

Yep, 6:30 Winnipeg time.  USA might be in a different time zone...

Stoked to crack a beer and watch some football tonight. Doesn't matter who plays or if it's a good game or not, football is back baby!

I always find it so disconcerting when you post with such a positive attitude.

don't worry this explains it…..

"The Earth is being battered by a huge solar storm, which could disrupt the power grid and GPS as well as letting people see beautiful auroras.

A potent blast of magnetic plasma shot out of the sun on Sunday, travelling faster than usual, according to the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)."