2015 NHL Draft And Trade Rumours

Rich

I'll just say this about the Oilers, they might be better but when you aren't very good in the first place, you can only get better, they can't really get worse and if they do get worse, wow, i don't know what to say.

They added more youth to the roster, they have enough of it, Talbot might have been good in new york playing behind a very very good top 5 D, that edmonton D is bottom 5, regardless of looking to the future, Klefbom isn't a legit number 1, not yet atleast..  Nurse is a prospect still, Schultz is terrible defensively, Reinhart has never played a game in the league... 

They need to add a veteran or 2, they probably will via free agency, i don't think they are done yet making moves, i hope they aren't, they are my second fav canadian team but... I think they still have a long ways to go. Adding more youth and a backup goaltender who played behind one of the best defensive teams (maybe the best) in the league doesn't change much.

They have all the skill in the world there but... at the same time, they lack lots of things too. Will they be better? More than likely cuz how can they be worse really. 

You look at Edmonton, You look at Buffalo and ofcourse you say they got better, but the thing is... how could they have gotten worse really? 

McDavid, Talbot, Reinhart, Jones, Gryba is a good draft, even Bear

Edmonton needed defensive minded D and a goalie... they got that, McDavid is essentially a 'bonus'

By 2016-17, maybe their D looks like

Nurse-Schultz

Klefborn-Reinhart

Gryba-Musil

Or maybe we trade Buff for Nurse...

Edmonton is on Byfuglien's no trade list.

This is an interesting website that shows all of the Jets picks and their NHL stats.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00010675.html

Since 2011, we've only had 4 players with an NHL game under their belt and one of those is Andrew Copp with the one game he got at the end of last season.

I know it takes 3 - 4 years for a lot of these guys to make the NHL, and you see a lot of names there that should be in the NHL over the next couple of years, just an interesting look at how a team drafts and their NHL success.

Other than Sheifele and Lowry, I don't think anyone else from the 2011 draft is even still in our system.

They said the same about MTL on draft day I think.

Edmonton needed defensive minded D and a goalie... they got that, McDavid is essentially a 'bonus'

Nurse-Schultz

Klefborn-Reinhart

Gryba-Musil

How do you know that for sure. It's likely but maybe not

Up until this draft I didn't know much about the USHL but it's turned out a lot of good players over the years, including Pavelski and Okposo, and where Trouba played. Looks like the Jets spent the time scouting a league other teams don't pay as much attention to. I hope it pays off. I don't mind US players. I just don't like Swedes or Russians. :)

Nurse-Schultz

Klefborn-Reinhart

Gryba-Musil

How do you know that for sure. It's likely but maybe not
It's been reported several times.

I believe Buff has to supply his list every summer.  I wonder if his list is always the same and/or if it would be different if the Jets came to him and said he's being traded as opposed to just making a list because he's obligated to but knows it will never be used.  I wouldnt want to go to Edmonton either but as an offensive defensman, maybe he'd reconsider after some serious thought.  Plus, with one year left, whats the big deal

I think with the change in management over the summer, and the trades they made at draft, Edmonton will very soon become a desirable location.

Maybe it takes a year or two to prove the circus has left town, but I think they are going to be a very scary team very soon.  Adding Reinhart and Gryba will help solidify their D core.  Talbot still has to prove he can be a #1 goalie over the long haul, but the potential is there, Scrivens isn't a slouch either.  One of them will step up to claim the #1 spot.

D and goaltending were Edmonton's biggest needs, and they have moved to strengthen that.  Throw in a legit coach and with the group of forwards they have, they aren't going to be a cake walk anymore.

Why wouldn't Buff want to play with all that talent and a good coach?

If these guys had Maurice as a coach, they wouldn't miss the playoffs for the next 10 years.

Deadmonton just might come up with enough scratch to satisfy Buff.

I'm telling you, Buff and whatever for Hall.

Why wouldn't Buff want to play with all that talent and a good coach?

If these guys had Maurice as a coach, they wouldn't miss the playoffs for the next 10 years.

Deadmonton just might come up with enough scratch to satisfy Buff.

I'm telling you, Buff and whatever for Hall.

For Hall? Buff and Whatever is Buff and Trouba or Myers and we'll go from there...

• 1 month later...

Buff to Bruins does seem to have some legs - getting mentions both here and in BOS.  Most articles I've seen suggest Loui Eriksson could be a trade candidate. Erikisson, 1st & prospect. This is the latest post I've seen about it...for those not restricted at work!

http://www.bostonsportsdesk.com/with-smoke-surrounding-byfuglien-to-boston-continuing-to-swirl-sweeney-should-start-a-fire/

http://thehockeypress.sportsblog.com/posts/2952821/nhl-trade--dustin-byfuglien-to-boston-bruins-very-close.html

NHL NEWS:

Player: Dustin Byfuglien
Possible Teams: BOS/PHI/NJ
Report: The Winnipeg Jets may part ways with their star Defenseman/Forward Big Buff (Dustin Byfuglien). Even though he can play both positions on the ice and can lay guys out want to take a different direction with their team after losing to the Anaheim Ducks last year in the NHL Playoffs.

Dustin Byfuglien has been in a lot of NHL Rumours as of late, and many of our sources have been reporting to us that BOS/PHI/NJ are all interested.

PHI is currently in cap jail so they are out of the question at the moment.

NJ is in the middle of a rebuild so I don't think they want to give up young prospects to acquire an older player.

BOS Is the perfect option for Dustin Byfuglien to go to. He is exactly what the Bruins need to acquire, A big, strong, physical, skilled, forward/defenseman. The Boston Bruins are currently the leading contenders on UFA Cody Franson, but that's what makes Dustin Byfuglien perfect for the job. If they land the UFA he can play forward for the B's if they don't land him then Byfuglien can play D for the B's.

PROPOSED TRADE ( Idea ): 
Winnipeg Jets trade Dustin Byfuglien to the Boston Bruins in exchange for 2016 1st round Draft Pick, 3rd round draft pick, Alexander Khokhlachev, Chris Kelly

WHY THIS TRADE MAKES SENSE:
BOS: The Bruins would be getting a Big, Strong, Physical, Versatile player for Picks/Prospects, which they are loaded in after acquiring 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks these past few weeks.

WPG: Winnipeg would be acquiring a 1st round draft pick, in which they can choose a skilled winger to help with their prospect crop. They would also be acquiring Alexander Khokhlachev who is a good puck carrier, and has the offensive abilities to make beautiful plays and score highlight reel goals. He thinks before he does, and he makes the best play available every single time. Alex isn't scared to get into those dirty areas, but like all young talents he lacks the defensive abilities/speed to be an elite center man. He is projected to be a 2nd line center. WPG also gets a useful cap dump in Chris Kelly, he is a solid 3rd line center and can play in all situations.
This Trade would makes sense for both sides, and would allow both teams to improve in all positions. Boston can return to their old Big Bad Bruins, and Winnipeg can start to get younger and more skilled. That's our opinion what's your's? Tweet us it @TheHockeyPress and have a great day!