2015 NHL Draft And Trade Rumours

Rich

Geez why is Toronto trying to not draft anyone this season?

They are going for volume this draft.  Their upcoming prospects are thin and it is a deep draft so they are looking to trade down in some quality to stock up.

Giordano's camp is asking for $9 million per season to start negotiations. Byfuglien will be asking for that range.

I hope Chevy trades Buff ASAP. A contract like for a guy like Buff would cripple the Jets for years.

Do you honestly believe we'd give Buff $9M per? I certainly don't.

He said thats what Buff will be asking for, not what the Jets will offer.

He said a contract like that would cripple the Jets, implying he could get it.
I never implied the Jets should do it. I pray Chevy isn't that stupid. But he did sign Pavelec to that stupid contract, so who knows.

Giordano's camp is asking for $9 million per season to start negotiations. Byfuglien will be asking for that range.

I hope Chevy trades Buff ASAP. A contract like for a guy like Buff would cripple the Jets for years.

Do you honestly believe we'd give Buff $9M per? I certainly don't.

He said thats what Buff will be asking for, not what the Jets will offer.
He said a contract like that would cripple the Jets, implying he could get it.
I never implied the Jets should do it. I pray Chevy isn't that stupid. But he did sign Pavelec to that stupid contract, so who knows.

The Pav contract wasn't a bad contract...  the team had nobody to replace him with and Pavs wasn't *that* bad in his contract year.    

The team has had way more hits then misses.... 

Jets take another centre in 2nd round. Jansen Harkins

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/prospect-of-interest-the-411-on-jansen-harkins/

Any team picking between 15-30 should take a close look at Jansen Harkins.

What he lacks in flash he more than makes up for in effort and defensive awareness. Some scouts have compared him to the likes of David Krejci or Derek Stepan, and he looks up to players like Ryan Kesler, Jonathan Toews and Anze Kopitar, so he could be a solid fit on any team in need of a reliable two-way centre.

Here’s what you need to know about the Prince George Cougars forward.

Position: Centre
Shoots: Left
Height: 6-foot-1
Weight: 181 pounds
Twitter: @JansenHarks26
Central Scouting Rank (North America): 15th

Jets take Erik Foley, LW, in Round 3.  (Another American)

5'11' 185 lbs

An offensive winger who knows how to take opposing players out of the play. Can play an agitative game, but is at his best when recognizing opportunities and taking advantage of them. A good skater who has the right amount of skill to do what he can to help his team every night; on the other hand, does not possess the biggest body, so can be ineffective in his role at times. (Curtis Joe, EP 2014) - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=212561#sthash.BTxxO0gE.dpuf

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=212561