Pre-season- Game 2 - HAM @ WPG

TrueBlue

Willy was 11 of 16 for 142 in the first half. Sounded like he was ok. Losing both cotton and carlos Anderson probably didn't help the o much when willy was in but cotton came back and scored later in game. Marve sounded solid. Should be 2. Brohm not so good. At the end of the day bombers won time of possession and lots of stats but lost in a game that is now meaningless and was all about evaluation so the plus side is willy looked good. Pass protection was good. No sacks first half. Marshall looks like that thunder back. Bastien had a good game too. Others did also. Very vanilla tho apparently

Losing a pre-season game doesn't matter at all. The fact that so many starters were manhandled by back-ups, at home no less, should be a concern. Not the way they wanted to enter the season, that's for sure.

You are slightly over reacting here. Just slightly. Manhandled?

D was vanilla. Stats say the O moved the ball. Not sure what's so concerning honestly. Maybe lirim missing a fg and convert is concerning but didn't see the game myself so can't really say much else was especially being as vanilla as we apparently were

Losing a pre-season game doesn't matter at all. The fact that so many starters were manhandled by back-ups, at home no less, should be a concern. Not the way they wanted to enter the season, that's for sure.

You are slightly over reacting here. Just slightly. Manhandled?

That was the way it was described on the broadcast (sounded that way too)!

By who? Doug "all about the drama" brown?

I listened and I didn't really get that sense at all.

Some concerns but all teams have them. People need to remember Austin is a Damn good coach and that Hamilton team is Damn good starters or not. We were missing some key players too.

Drew Willy - 11-17  fpr 142 yards, no TDs but also no interceptions.

Robert Marve - 11-16 for 115 yards, 42 rushing yards, no TDs but also no interceptions

all the rest ... well Brohm was a little shaky.

But I'm not worried about the O.  The D seems to be our problem, sure hope Hall can get it fixed and his success in SSK wasn't based on the players alone and untied to the scheme.

I hope this game puts an end to the ridiculous cut Robert Marve brigade that's been picking up steam.

I don't even understand that sillyness anyway.  Cut Marve for ... Partridge?  Moniz?  Sunseri?  All of those are downgrades and only barely serviceable at best.  Our QB situation is fine and doesn't need fixing.

Our O-line ??? No thanks to those doosh's at TSN I have no idea what kind of shape that's in, but I expect we're better in that department.

I only hope our holes on defense have been because Hall is intentionally going vanilla so he can throw the ripples at Darrian Durant come opening night but if that isn't the case .... Maybe we can call up Randy Melvin and tell him he has a job as DC here.

Probably cuz he was a cfl rookie last year. Really the most silly thing to do would be to make a rookie with no cfl experience back up in his first year. That's how careers are ruined.

Marve and willy have similar numbers but Marve is the only bright spot? Unreal.

Are you always this ignorant?
It's not ignorant. You saying Marve was the only bright spot is tho.

Willy was good. Bastien was. Marshall appears to be that goal line power back. Cotton played well. The OL was solid. Freeman wright Richardson all had good games. Ignorance is saying one player was the only bright spot when plenty of others played well too.

Probably cuz he was a cfl rookie last year. Really the most silly thing to do would be to make a rookie with no cfl experience back up in his first year. That's how careers are ruined.

Marve's accomplishments occurred with under 6 minutes of playing time.  Willy played an entire half + the first series of the third.

Marve's accomplishments occurred with under 6 minutes of playing time. Willy played an entire half + the first series of the third.

I like Marve and I'd be shocked and disappointed if they let him go.

But the fact is he was playing against third stringers running a prevent defence. Really hard to judge a QB in those circumstances. Of course it's better that he looked good than bad, but hard to say more than that.

Marve's accomplishments occurred with under 6 minutes of playing time. Willy played an entire half + the first series of the third.

Marve also played against a defense who was very obviously playing to prevent anything big and left the entire intermediate portion of the field wide open.

Not to sensationalize things, but Marve was essentially 0/3 on throws he actually had to earn. He played well, but that performance didn't inspire much more confidence in him than I already had - a moderate amount.