First preseason game NOT televised

iHeart

I'm sure the Bombers will be taking video of the game to review later on to assess players performance, so there will be some cameras there.

Great. Now use your magic and get them to livestream it?
It's certainly possible, but doesn't mean they'll do it.

I would bet the farm that this is not in the Bombers plans.  What I meant by "no cameras" is without TSN no broadcast of the game will be available to stream.  If you want to watch a game recorded off a fans camera, best of luck.  I'll stick with Bob Irving's description supplemented by the 3 million adverts 'OB subjects us to.  I'm a product of the "black out" era, so I'm used to that level of abuse.

I'm sure the Bombers will be taking video of the game to review later on to assess players performance, so there will be some cameras there.

I would bet the farm that this is not in the Bombers plans. What I meant by "no cameras" is without TSN no broadcast of the game will be available to stream. If you want to watch a game recorded off a fans camera, best of luck. I'll stick with Bob Irving's description supplemented by the 3 million adverts 'OB subjects us to. I'm a product of the "black out" era, so I'm used to that level of abuse.

Ya it definetely won't happen. I'm just saying it's possible. Bombers will be filming the game for their own purposes.

I would bet the farm that this is not in the Bombers plans. What I meant by "no cameras" is without TSN no broadcast of the game will be available to stream. If you want to watch a game recorded off a fans camera, best of luck. I'll stick with Bob Irving's description supplemented by the 3 million adverts 'OB subjects us to. I'm a product of the "black out" era, so I'm used to that level of abuse.

Ya it definetely won't happen. I'm just saying it's possible. Bombers will be filming the game for their own purposes.

I really hate to say this but the Riders are the only CFL team that would even consider finding a way to "feed the beast" in this situation.  The Bombers have a long way to go to match their level of customer relations.  Please excuse me while I go puke.

Honestly, I don't think the fact that the Rider game is televised has to do with the Riders. It's being played in Fort McMurray, and they seem to want to catch as much of the action up there as they can.

It's really too bad there aren't more preseason games on considering the amount of TSN channels now, but since the Women's World Cup is on, they probably can't.

Looking at the depth chart for the game, it's probably a good thing it won't be televised. 

Why's that?

Very few of our starters are on the depth chart.  Watching Willy behind that O line would bring back bad memories from last year.  We're obviously not trying to win the game with that group, just looking at the players so I doubt it's going to be much of game.

T

Looking at the depth chart for the game, it's probably a good thing it won't be televised. 

Why's that?

Very few of our starters are on the depth chart.  Watching Willy behind that O line would bring back bad memories from last year.  We're obviously not trying to win the game with that group, just looking at the players so I doubt it's going to be much of game.

The whole point of preseason is to get a look at the new guys, very exciting to some. I can't wait to hear it on CJOB.

It's not supposed to be regular season calibre players or playbooks for that matter.

No one should expect that it will look like a regular season game because there will be tons of changes in personal, but folks should expect CFL quality players because that's what every player out there wants to be.

The point of preseason is to find out who can play well with and against CFL calibre talent.  A 90% rookie team doesn't tell you anything about playing with CFL quality talent.  Assuming Toronto plays their first team guys for less than a quarter, it doesn't tell you much about playing against CFL quality talent either.

I didn't agree with it when we got beat 52-0 in a preseason game a couple of years ago and I don't agree with it now.  Hopefully the next preseason game will have most of our starters in for the first quarter or so so we get a look at where were really at this year.

Why's that?

It sounds like you have very little appreciation for what the pre-season games are truly all about. 

I really hate to say this but the Riders are the only CFL team that would even consider finding a way to "feed the beast" in this situation.  The Bombers have a long way to go to match their level of customer relations.  Please excuse me while I go puke.

Tonight's game will be available on Ticats.ca 

I don't understand the thought that there's no cameras at the games. There's at least 4 cameras at every field just for the in stadium jumbotron coverage. 

The NLL used to broadcast games on YouTube using the jumbotron coverage plus volunteer commentators.

No one should expect that it will look like a regular season game because there will be tons of changes in personal, but folks should expect CFL quality players because that's what every player out there wants to be.

The point of preseason is to find out who can play well with and against CFL calibre talent. A 90% rookie team doesn't tell you anything about playing with CFL quality talent. Assuming Toronto plays their first team guys for less than a quarter, it doesn't tell you much about playing against CFL quality talent either.

I didn't agree with it when we got beat 52-0 in a preseason game a couple of years ago and I don't agree with it now. Hopefully the next preseason game will have most of our starters in for the first quarter or so so we get a look at where were really at this year.

you realize preseason is essentially practice.. and we all know what they say about practice..

I swear, you login to the forum and say to yourself "what can i disagree or argue against today.."

Tonight's game will be available on Ticats.ca 

I don't understand the thought that there's no cameras at the games. There's at least 4 cameras at every field just for the in stadium jumbotron coverage. 

The NLL used to broadcast games on YouTube using the jumbotron coverage plus volunteer commentators.

Okay, that puts the Bombers officially behind both the Riders and the Ti-Cats in the P.R. department.  Hopefully they step up and find a way to make this happen.  I would like to know the name of the person in the Bomber's office who is paid specifically not to think in advance.

The point of preseason is to find out who can play well with and against CFL calibre talent. A 90% rookie team doesn't tell you anything about playing with CFL quality talent. Assuming Toronto plays their first team guys for less than a quarter, it doesn't tell you much about playing against CFL quality talent either.

I didn't agree with it when we got beat 52-0 in a preseason game a couple of years ago and I don't agree with it now. Hopefully the next preseason game will have most of our starters in for the first quarter or so so we get a look at where were really at this year.

you realize preseason is essentially practice.. and we all know what they say about practice..

I swear, you login to the forum and say to yourself "what can i disagree or argue against today.."

The mentality makes sense when viewed with just the simplest of changes:

It sounds like you have very little appreciation for what the pre-season games are truly all about. the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

Of course watching a team you apparently despise would seem like a bad thing.

A fan might be very interested in watching their favourite team play, or in the event of a preseason game, not consider the quality of play to be worth a full 3 hour investment.  But if you despise that team, then the lack of coverage would be something to vocally celebrate.

What a lot of crap from some posters.  

For the record (Although it shouldn't need to be said)

I wouldn't be here if I didn't bleed blue and gold and I love the Bombers

I like about 90% of the changes this offseason

I don't sign on to find something to complain about.  I sign on to discuss Football.  

I totally understand what preseason games are for and that they are extended practises.  That's not the same as saying I like to see my team get beaten up by anyone.

I'd watch the game if it was on TV or being streamed.  I'll listen on CJOB if I can't watch.

I take a ton of crap on these forums simply because I don't agree with everything the Bombers do.  (Maybe it's because I'm right way more often than I'm wrong)  ;)

If you don't like my opinion, then disagree with it.  Argue the post, not the poster.

What a lot of crap from some posters.  

For the record (Although it shouldn't need to be said)

I wouldn't be here if I didn't bleed blue and gold and I love the Bombers

I like about 90% of the changes this offseason

I don't sign on to find something to complain about.  I sign on to discuss Football.  

I totally understand what preseason games are for and that they are extended practises.  That's not the same as saying I like to see my team get beaten up by anyone.

I'd watch the game if it was on TV or being streamed.  I'll listen on CJOB if I can't watch.

I take a ton of crap on these forums simply because I don't agree with everything the Bombers do.  (Maybe it's because I'm right way more often than I'm wrong)  ;)

If you don't like my opinion, then disagree with it.  Argue the post, not the poster.

Its the way you write your posts that makes me skip over them usually 

Its the way you write your posts that makes me skip over them usually 

That's preferable to whining about them.

For a guy who always says "argue the post, not the poster", you sure do have an interesting habit of always turning everything into a personal matter.

Just wish you were a little more honest with yourself, not even with us. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to observe the fact that you love the role you play around here as the forum agitator.