Boring Training Camp?

BigBlue

I have been waiting all year for TC and I am yawning

I am not sure why ... I was expecting fistfights about who will make the team ... not giggling about how we dumped a troll

Where is the controversy, the unwarranted favoritism for certain players, disagreement with coaching decisions, the surprises and disappointments, and the media spending too much time scratching their own bellies?

Is soccer ruining football?

I may have dislocated my jaw from yawning too big

Is there something bigger than Addison Richards or whatever his name is, yawn, or seasoned veterans pulling up lame early in camp?

How about Yantz making the club as our #3 QB?

Agreed , Rookie camp was more exciting , as for Main Camp its a yawner so far, not sure if it just the lack of good updates or what, it seems that only Darrin Bauming is at the Main camp based on the tweets, not sure what is up with Kirk Penton maybe he pulled a hammie on his Texting finger not many updates from him... 

I guess it doesn't really matter much as long and the Bombers come out with a bang, however it will be a tough first 2 games...

As for Richards its hard to tell, on a RR forum they mentioned he has had Concussion and Hammie issues in the past...

And Yantz has looked good and heard good reports not sure he will be #3 but he will make the roster in some form IMO... I think one of Marve Portis and Braum gets cut to save money. At this point it seems Portis is doing the best of the backup QBs however its early, before camp started I would have said Portis was the one to go however he has been looking good based on the limited updates we have been getting...

It's been three days. Not sure what you expect. any good or bad performance by now can be chalked up to good days or bad days. You can't get a sense of a pattern after day 3.

What I expect is more coverage of what is really going on... It seems there is less coverage than normal, maybe that isn't a bad thing since Training Camp Hype is just that it doesn't really matter until the real bullets fly. It would be nice to get a report on how all of the rookies are doing in main camp and how some of the battles are shaping up... I am planning on going at least once this week so I can see for myself since that is the best way to see how things are going...

I'm disappointed at the TC reports this year too.  Very few folks are doing them.  I'd expect a daily report from posters like Mike, who I assume is there, but nada.  In years past we'd have heard about Moore's great catch yesterday in real time from multiple posters.  This year we have to wait to hear about it from O'Shea or read about it in the papers.  It's almost like there's a cone of silence. 

I'm disappointed at the TC reports this year too.  Very few folks are doing them.  I'd expect a daily report from posters like Mike, who I assume is there, but nada.  In years past we'd have heard about Moore's great catch yesterday in real time from multiple posters.  This year we have to wait to hear about it from O'Shea or read about it in the papers.  It's almost like there's a cone of silence. 

I haven't gone once yet.

I haven't gone once yet.

Bad assumption by me then.  Sorry.

I went to watch TC a few times last year, and filed a few overly optimistic observations/thoughts. FWIW, here's what I have seen based on rookie camp and one main camp session so far. B Randle is probably a keeper at tailback. Drew Willy takes too long to set up and get rid of the ball, even when there is no D to read. We are pretty set at DB with Bucknor Johnson Leggett and Wash. Seems J Adams will be added. Good NI depth at LB and those guys will be vital on teams with the new rules. Waggoner and Derek Jones both are excellent players and will make an impact. That rook O lineman Sukhs Wind. Right side of the O line looks strangely wonky but could be Neufeld and Dile | Tyler. D Adams seems to be winning the flanker job. Kohlert and JFG are working hard and JFG may be better. Glad we stole Kris Bastien from Regina, he's looked surpassingly good as has Graig Newman on D. I still like T. Sherman, too. Lots of stud receivers, J Reaves def an athlete. Haven't seen much from D Allen. RB D Scott will be one of the first cuts due to an obviously nagging injury. I heard Tedford in BC say 3 QBs is optimal - and that's from a former QB. I'd like to think we'll keep Yantz somehow, since he does not look out of place at all. I'm one of the few, apparently, who likes Brian Brohm. I'd also keep Portis before Marve. But what do I know? It's still early. Go Blue!  :)

Maybe we shouldn't have bitched about the people reporting wanting recognition for providing reports.. Or maybe the beat reporters suck harder then a dyson female replacement device.

Or maybe watching camp from the sidelines makes it incredibly hard to notice/tell what is really going on.

We need a drone to hover over the field all day.

Make it happen people.

I'll be on campus tomorrow.  It might work to sneak over for a bit.  I'm hoping, but no guarantees at this point.

Do it or you're dead to me.

He's already pretty close to being banned...if he doesn't do this I'm pretty sure it's his last strike.