TSN Fantasy Football

You're going to go to the link Mike provided. Click Register Now. Once you're registered and logged in, look for Join a Group under the 'Social' menu. Find morning big blue, enter the password, voila you're in the group. ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

Each week you're going to choose a lineup. If I recall correctly, you'll choose a QB, RB, 2 receivers, a flex, a defense, and a ST. One cool element is the salary cap; each player has a salary value, and you have a weekly cap you have to say under. Salary values I believe are based off of last year's performance. Bowman was a hell of a bargain last year, but won't be this year...

It's lots of fun. Keep an eye on bye weeks and injuries and you'll do great.

You're going to go to the link Mike provided. Click Register Now. Once you're registered and logged in, look for Join a Group under the 'Social' menu. Find morning big blue, enter the password, voila you're in the group. ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

Each week you're going to choose a lineup. If I recall correctly, you'll choose a QB, RB, 2 receivers, a flex, a defense, and a ST. One cool element is the salary cap; each player has a salary value, and you have a weekly cap you have to say under. Salary values I believe are based off of last year's performance. Bowman was a hell of a bargain last year, but won't be this year...

It's lots of fun. Keep an eye on bye weeks and injuries and you'll do great.

The problem with the CFL pool vs. NFL is the lack of information.  I lost count of how many guys I started last year that ended up being last minute deletions from the roster.  In the NFL, there is so much info on a player and whether he is going to start that you can make a pretty informed call.  Not so in the CFL.  Also in the NFL if one guy goes down there are a lot of other options to choose from, in the CFL pool not nearly as many.  Anyway, other than that, it is a ton of fun and I enjoyed it immensely.  Let's just hope that the TSN guys pay a bit more attention to the injuries this year.

Awesome thanks for the explanation, so it's not an entire team it's just like seven eight players and we get scored on how well that player performed vs other selected players.

yes.

Last year it was a good idea to take the running back of whatever team was playing Winnipeg.

Has anyone tried making picks yet?

The player pricing is so inflated it is impossible to take Cornish and still have starting players at all the other positions.

Last year it was mathematically impossible to have Ray and Cornish on the same team.  This year it's impossible to have Cornish and any starting QB* even if the cheapest possible option is taken at all other positions.

There are combinations of players that work, but not a lot, and even several of those are only possible with taking Redblacks at multiple positions, which is a terrible idea.

Willy better have a fantastic year, because as the cheapest QB option at $225k, he's going to be on almost every team in this league.

*The situation with Ricky Ray/Trevor Harris temporarily makes it possible.

yes whoever is doing the pricing is a bonehead. They need to raise the cap. Taking Cornish is basically impossible. What's the point of pricing players to the point where no one can take them. It just tells me these guys haven't even tested it out or tried to create any starting line-ups, they just randomly priced players and away they went.

There will be a point where injuries happen and new players get revealed, but that point isn't week 1.

I'm fine not taking Cornish, that was just an easy example to explain the problem.

It doesn't even work to take 2 average priced players.

I can take Willy at $225K (they've priced him the same as other teams' backups) or Crompton at $240. Mike Reilly at $300K and Adarius Bowman at receiver makes it a sure bet that I have to take unproven rookies at every other position, as well as Ottawa for defence.