TC Report: Day One

Jpan85

My buddy showed up so couldn't update the 2nd half while I was there. Overall, JFG and Darvin Adams really impressed at WR. Adams caught some deep balls and JFG caught everything thrown to him up the middle; JFG was playing really physical today. Bastien looks legit, didn't stand out really, but caught everything thrown his way.

Practice was fairly physical for the first day of camp.

The other import WRs like Willie, Childs, Tuenei all hade their ups and down...they were inconsistent today in the second half.

Cotton looks like he's fighting for a job, and when I say this, I mean he looks motivated. He was playing angry. Marshall also looked good at RB.

For the QBs. Willy looked sharp. And Marve and Portis looked very good. Portis's passes were all on target and he was throwing on the move quite a bit too, all his passes were caught and some were difficult throws. Marve has the strongest arm, just throwing bullets. Brohm looked bad today, couldn't find open receivers and when he did get the ball off it was a check down to an RB. Brohm just might be my surprise TC cut.

At the end of practice, the players all came over and shook the fans hands...very classy.

Was there for most of the second half. Sat behind Bob Irving, Ed Tait etc. Had a pretty decent view of some things from the lawn chairs. Don't have tons to report. The weather was beautiful.

Tunei was very good. Ran over Sherman in one match up. Really clocked him good. Very impressive big fast receiver with good hands.

Jordan Reaves did not look out of place from what I saw.

Johnny Adams got into a little scrap with somebody. Not sure who it was. Looks like he wants it out there.

I can't really think of much else that stood out to me. All the vets looked good out there

My buddy showed up so couldn't update the 2nd half while I was there.  Overall, JFG and Darvin Adams really impressed at WR.  Adams caught some deep balls and JFG caught everything thrown to him up the middle; JFG was playing really physical today.  Bastien looks legit, didn't stand out really, but caught everything thrown his way.   

Practice was fairly physical for the first day of camp. 

The other import WRs like Willie, Childs, Tuenei all hade their ups and down...they were inconsistent today in the second half. 

Cotton looks like he's fighting for a job.  He was playing angry.  Marshall also looked good at RB.

For the QBs. Willy looked sharp.  And Marve and Portis looked very good.  Portis's throws were all on target and he was throwing on the move quite a bit too, all throws were caught and some were difficult throws.  Marve has the strongest arm, just throwing bullets.  Brohm looked bad today, couldn't find open receivers and when he did get the ball off it was a check down to an RB.  Brohm just might be my surprise TC cut. 

At the end of practice, the players all came over and shook the fans hands...very classy. 

What about Tunei's day was inconsistent? I recall a ball he didn't catch that was thrown behind him, but that's about it. Other than that he caught what was thrown his way, and even when he wasn't involved he managed to break from the DBs. 

A few other tidbits to add:

I was interested in seeing the new OL out there but its hard to see who's creating space from the sideline. There were a few big runs when they went up against the defense so that's a good sign, but don't have much else to report.

Hurl took a lot of reps at MLB. 

I keep forgetting about Newman, he had a lot of reps at OLB too.

Our DL this year should be impressive. Westerman, Anderson and Turner could be special. I thought Gibson looked alright at the rush end spot.

I hope to see more of Bastien in more practices. Bigger than I thought, and made a few catches.

Sounds like a lot of good competion for our NI receivers and somewhat surprising that Reaves looks as good as he does- he may have a very high ceiling if he is showing this well this early. We may have some interesting trade bait for some interesting returns.

a few news and notes ....

Addison Richards walking around with his helmet on .... wait, that's his hair!

Jordan Reaves is really a tall, solid dude. Made some nice catches.

Williard was great with the fans. He was busy snapping pix most of the time, but chatted up with the fans too. When one lady (not knowing Williard was there) made some comment about how big Jordan was, Williard cracked that he was thinking of getting a DNA test on the kid.

Ryan Reaves showed up just as I was leaving.

Barron Miles is VERY vocal back there. Liked it.

Mo Leggett was among those taking kick return drills.

Bastien is wearing Watson's #81. Looked like he can play.

I thought Darvin Adams looked a bit more polished than the other new Amerk receivers, which you would expect.

Nick Moore had one bad drop, but caught everything else I saw.

It never ends does it?

I mean the waiting.

First, it was the end of season and we were waiting for who the Bombers were going to release.

Then, we were waiting to see whom Walters could extend under the 2014 Salary Cap.

Year end brought us closer to Free Agency expectations as to who we were going to keep and who we were going to go after.

Next...Free Agency. That was a blast.

Free agent camps, mini-camps..Rookie mini-camps. Wait.

All the hoopla leading up to the draft, and the wait.

Then, the actual picks and the discussion about them.

Rookie Camp and all the new guys.

Finally a training Camp arrives and Day 1 is over.

And what can't I wait for now?

Frickin' Day 2

It's a wait I have to bear...but, at least I'm not alone.

It never ends does it?

I mean the waiting.

First, it was the end of season and we were waiting for who the Bombers were going to release.

Then, we were waiting to see whom Walters could extend under the 2014 Salary Cap.

Year end brought us closer to Free Agency expectations as to who we were going to keep and who we were going to go after.

Next...Free Agency. That was a blast.

Free agent camps, mini-camps..Rookie mini-camps. Wait.

All the hoopla leading up to the draft, and the wait.

Then, the actual picks and the discussion about them.

Rookie Camp and all the new guys.

Finally a training Camp arrives and Day 1 is over.

And what can't I wait for now?

Frickin' Day 2

It's a wait I have to bear...but, at least I'm not alone.

I find heroin helps to bridge the gaps.