TSN Pre-season Coverage (no Bombers)

Atomic

http://www.cfl.ca/article/tsn-announces-pre-season-broadcast-schedule

Only 3 games on TV, none for the Bombers:

Friday, June 12 – B.C. @ Calgary at 9:30 p.m. ET on TSN2
Saturday, June 13 – Saskatchewan @ Edmonton at 10 p.m. ET on TSN1 and TSN3
Thursday, June 18 – Toronto @ Montréal at 7:30 p.m. ET on TSN2 

I guess it's understandable they can only show 3 games, they only have five channels to fill with programming.

Must be a nude poker tournament, or hillbilly lumberjack competition forthcoming, or something......

All of these cost significantly less than full production of a football game, unfortunately....

Ad revenue doesn't add up, so no pre-season 'ball. Boooo....

Rod Black gets even worse during pre-season.

"Did you know his mom is a conceptual artist?  Such a rich environment.  And he plays football!!!  After growing up in a house with a mom who's a conceptual artist!!!  Truly he's a renaissance man.  Bombers recover a fumble for a touchdown.  So how do you think family meals went?  Mom wants to talk about art, and the son wants to talk about football!!!  Boy, I sure wouldn't want to be the dad, getting in the middle of that!!!  Seven players from each team ejected.  And what a classic CFL name!  Corduroy Jones!  That's got to be up there in the pantheon of great CFL names.  There's been so many names over the years.  Appears to be a sniper in the press box firing at the referees.  Theodore Wallaby.  Glassface McButternuts.  Idaho Youdaho.  Great names.  And the tattoos those guys have!!!  Farhan Lalji has a report from the sidelines for us.  Hopefully about tattoos.  Farhan..."

I'll go with glass half full on this one.

As far as I'm concerned, a Bob Irving call of the game is better in pre-season, anyhow, because he's gonna know a hell of a lot more about the players by that point, then the jerkoffs on TSN...

Actually it sounds like the games will be on TSN1290, not CJOB... So....

"Did you know his mom is a conceptual artist?  Such a rich environment.  And he plays football!!!  After growing up in a house with a mom who's a conceptual artist!!!  Truly he's a renaissance man.  Bombers recover a fumble for a touchdown.  So how do you think family meals went?  Mom wants to talk about art, and the son wants to talk about football!!!  Boy, I sure wouldn't want to be the dad, getting in the middle of that!!!  Seven players from each team ejected.  And what a classic CFL name!  Corduroy Jones!  That's got to be up there in the pantheon of great CFL names.  There's been so many names over the years.  Appears to be a sniper in the press box firing at the referees.  Theodore Wallaby.  Glassface McButternuts.  Idaho Youdaho.  Great names.  And the tattoos those guys have!!!  Farhan Lalji has a report from the sidelines for us.  Hopefully about tattoos.  Farhan..."

ah yes, I still remember my dad going on about old Glassface, best two-way player this side of the Pecos....

As far as I'm concerned, a Bob Irving call of the game is better in pre-season, anyhow, because he's gonna know a hell of a lot more about the players by that point, then the jerkoffs on TSN...

?

So they're not just kicking Bomber fans in the nuts, they're also giving it to their radio rights holder. I'm a little surprised they're allowed to do that.

Now that is funny.  A tip of the hat to you, good sir.

?

Broadcasting the games on TSN1290 means Bob Irving would not be doing the commentary.

Source?

Source?

From the link in the OP:

Fans can tune in to TSN radio stations across the country for live coverage of the CFL pre-season, including both games featuring the Alouettes on TSN Radio 690 in Montréal, Both Blue Bombers games on TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg, both games featuring the Redblacks on TSN Radio 1200 in Ottawa, both games featuring the Lions on TSN Radio 1040 in Vancouver, and the Argos first pre-season game on Tuesday, June 9 on TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto.

Source?

Check the post above yours for the answer

CJOB is broadcasting the game, as they maintain the rights for the next several years. TSNs "live coverage" is their Pre-game, half-time, and post-game stuff. They're not legally allowed to do PBP or even stream the other team's PBP of the game on their station....