CFL Supplemental Draft

Interesting... We're second at the table this year...anybody of interest?

2nd to the last I believe. So we can outbid the other teams except Ottawa.

Someone said we should be interested in Waggoner. He play S/DB but his size is prototypical CFL MLB. - 5.11 230ish.

EDIT.

I probably mixed up his size earlier from some one else... he's 6.01 - 225.

Interesting... We're second at the table this year...anybody of interest?

2nd to the last I believe. So we can outbid the other teams except Ottawa.

Someone said we should be interested in Waggoner. He play S/DB but his size is prototypical CFL MLB. - 5.11 230ish.

Yep so even if we bid a 1st rounder there's no guarantee.

Both were starters in college. Waggoner made 33 starts at Dartmouth plus has pro experience at Detroit Lions camp last year. 

Jarret Chapman made 33 starts at Central Michigan over 3 years. Also of interest he has a cousin and a younger brother at CMU. They may be ones to watch in the future. 

Mike's prediction of a 3rd and 5th getting these guys is probably pretty fair. Next year's draft looks to be fairly good and with these new rules over who's eligible it could continue in this form for several seasons. 

For the less informed (like me) can someone explain the supplemental draft?  How does a player become eligible for it?  Why weren't they on the regular draft.  Stuff like that.  I think I have an idea on how the picking goes, but I'm clueless as to how these people end up there.

For the less informed (like me) can someone explain the supplemental draft?  How does a player become eligible for it?  Why weren't they on the regular draft.  Stuff like that.  I think I have an idea on how the picking goes, but I'm clueless as to how these people end up there.

The players who are in the supplemental draft weren't able to prove they qualified as a national in time for the main draft. 

The players who are in the supplemental draft weren't able to prove they qualified as a national in time for the main draft. 

Much obliged, m'Lady

I think Waggoner would be a legit NI WLB. Looks like he could make a good safety as well but I think I'd want him closer to the LOS

Agreed. He reminds me of Sam Hurl with a little bit of Johnny Sears. But like JBR says, it's tough to tell for sure from the videos if he's playing against lesser competition.