Draft Day Thread - - It's here, its now

BigBlue

While I am glad we have gone from 50 to 250 seats in the chat room, it's not my style, I don't care for it. I would much rather have the full discussion format we have in our usual topics. I like being able to respond specifically to a poster and her/his specific point of view. Chronological ordering by speed of typing is fast but I find it chaotic. There is other things too and I don't want to debate what may be better. I am just saying I have a preference.

So here is the topic thread for the big day that we have been anticipating for months.

Let me start by saying I don't think Walters is going to make a trade for his number 2 overall pick. There is just too little difference between the top linemen. AND the pricetag would be just too high. A team like Hamilton trading up for a lineman would mean the Blue wouldn't get a difference-maker. They would need too much back to compensate.

The wisdom of Walters is now on display.

Gotta say I prefer this format over the chat room too.  

I don't expect Walters to trade away our #2 overall, but stranger things have happened and he has to look at every deal that comes his way.  I'm expecting an O lineman at #2 because Walters said something about Demski being a good choice for some team.  In my mind that means he won't use the #2 pick on Demski and he doesn't expect Demski to still be around at #11.

One of Waud, Demski, or Durant should drop to #11.  I'd go with a receiver if 2 of the three make it that far.

I have a question abotu draft order that I've been wondering for a while but keep forgetting to ask... based on the way the season ended, why is the draft order not:

1. Ott

2. Wpg

3. Tor

4. BC

5. Sask

6. Mtl

I don't understand why Mtl picks ahead of BC and Sask even though they went further in the playoffs... been bothering me for a while so hopefully someone knows the answer...

Order is based on overall record, other than Grey Cup finalist and winner I believe.

That's kind of a stupid system... Mtl gets a home playoff game despite an inferior record, gets the win, and still gets rewarded with the better draft pick... 

Possibly Mtl had a trade that is due this year?

Don't you think I probably already explored that possibility...  ;)

FWIW, CBC Winnipeg sports reports that Walters has said he will not trade the #2 pick.

With Mateas going to the Redblacks, looks like Walters will get his guy.

wait...what? It doesn't start till 7?
Correct, but the Redblacks beat reporter said Ottawa is taking Mateas.

FWIW, CBC Winnipeg sports reports that Walters has said he will not trade the #2 pick.

oh ok...thought I had the time wrong...I'm still at work! Don't start the draft yet!!!

oh ok...thought I had the time wrong...I'm still at work! Don't start the draft yet!!!

Okay, okay, we will have the draft wait for you.

Is Bomben a legit starter, or more of a 6th OL-type?

I'm pretty sure he started every game at guard for the Als last year.

Okay, then that's a good trade for the Ticats. They wanted an OL but must have been convinced the top 6 would be gone at pick 8. Plus no need to wait, Bomben can start right away.

I wonder if I was Bombers if I packaged 2 and 15 for 4 and 8 would Als do it?

WE ALL LOVE TRADES BUT there is no way we trade our #2 which is really the number #1 with Ottawa's specialty pick of Mateas.

The chance of that happening is the square root of zero.

If you want to dream think about our 2nd or 3rd picks.

I wonder if I was Bombers if I packaged 2 and 15 for 4 and 8 would Als do it?

WE ALL LOVE TRADES BUT there is no way we trade our #2 which is really the number #1 with Ottawa's specialty pick of Mateas.

The chance of that happening is the square root of zero.

If you want to dream think about our 2nd or 3rd picks.

Great way to encourage the discussion you were looking for. Yelling at people. Lol off to the chat I go!