Sign Willy!

Floyd

We had planned for this. The salary cap is not just a year-to-year thing.

No big adjustment to the 2015 cap.

Walters just said.

Hey Mike, what about all your long-drawn out speeches about how it's not cool to post in here to prove when you were right?  I guess it's different when you do it.  Gotcha.

You really make me laugh sometimes. 

Those are Walters' words not Mike's

Yes, I know, but he's doing it and bolding it to prove he was right.  Nit pick all you want, it's clear what he's doing.  

I don't know about Mike. But I WAS right. When this whole kerfuffle started, I said it would be resolved before TC and that everyone who was panicking was overreacting. So.....HA!

You have to make your post in bold font to mean it. There I fixed it for you.

Kirk Penton ‏@PentonKirk 5m5 minutes ago

So it sounds like Drew Willy will be making about the same $250,000 this year, and then he'll be up over $400K in 2016 and 2017.

I hope this one's true.  Gives Willy a chance to prove it or get cut if he's not worth the $400K.

So it sounds like Drew Willy will be making about the same $250,000 this year, and then he'll be up over $400K in 2016 and 2017.

I hope this one's true.  Gives Willy a chance to prove it or get cut if he's not worth the $400K.

Which is, sort of... exactly what we were trying to tell you earlier.  So are you now going to argue with yourself?  That would be fun to watch! 

I hope this one's true. Gives Willy a chance to prove it or get cut if he's not worth the $400K.

Which is, sort of... exactly what we were trying to tell you earlier. So are you now going to argue with yourself? That would be fun to watch!
He's getting a bonus this year in addition to his base salary, as part of the extension.

My guess is this is how the contract works:

2015: $250k base + $100k bonus (new money as part of extension

2016: $400k base

2017: $400k base

Give or take 2016 & 2017 with some performance bonuses tied in there.

I hope the press grills Walters relentlessly over the idea of giving him more money than Crompton.

If there's anything about this that makes no sense, no sense at all, it's a world where Drew Willy makes more money than Jonathon Crompton.

Are you joking? Drew Willy 100% deserves more money than Crompton.

I don't know, Crompton only threw three less touchdowns. That's pretty much even. Crompton is in line for a big raise now.

Thanks Drew Willy

Are you joking? Drew Willy 100% deserves more money than Crompton.

I don't know, Crompton only threw three less touchdowns. That's pretty much even. Crompton is in line for a big raise now.

Thanks Drew Willy

I hope you're joking too. I've watched them both play. Crompton isn't even in Willy's league.

Crompton is obviously a much calmer quarterback too, he had 70 less rushing yards than Willy. They're supposed to throw the ball, what is Willy so scared of that he's running away all the time?

Crompton is much more composed.

Crompton took his team to the playoffs, Willy didn't. Therefore Crompton is the better QB.

Well I'd say the Als got to the playoffs in spite of Crompton, not because of him. His upside in watching him play is as a career backup. I don't follow the Als closely but I'd sure hope he isn't seen as their long term QB solution. As a starting QB I'd rate him last in the league.

Crompton is obviously a much calmer quarterback too, he had 70 less rushing yards than Willy. They're supposed to throw the ball, what is Willy so scared of that he's running away all the time?

Crompton is much more composed.

I'll take the pocket passer any day of the week over a scrambler

Crompton spent more of the season on the bench, so he's the more well rested QB.  I'll take a well rested QB any day of the week and nine times on Sunday.

Plus all those hits Drew took probably means he wanted to get stronger going into this year. You know what that means. He's on the HGH.

Which is, sort of... exactly what we were trying to tell you earlier.  So are you now going to argue with yourself?  That would be fun to watch! 

Actually you were telling me that it was worthwhile to pay Willie 400K this year, but don't let the facts get in the way.

Actually you were telling me that it was worthwhile to pay Willie 400K this year, but don't let the facts get in the way.

And it would have been, but don't let reality get in the way

Kudos to Mack for drafting Jade Ettiene, which allowed us to trade for Willy. And people called that pick a bust. IMWT

And this, ladies and gentlemen is my nominee for the "The Glass IS Half Full Post-Of-The-Year" award, or as it is also known, The TBurger

I hope this one's true. Gives Willy a chance to prove it or get cut if he's not worth the $400K.
Which is, sort of... exactly what we were trying to tell you earlier. So are you now going to argue with yourself? That would be fun to watch!
He's getting a bonus this year in addition to his base salary, as part of the extension.

Not sure that makes sense.  $100K signing bonus is all cap hit and Walters said that the cap hit this year wouldn't be all that different.  I'd guess they converted a lot of bonuses into base salary and gave him a smaller signing bonus than $100K, but it's all conjecture at this point.

Not sure that makes sense. $100K signing bonus is all cap hit and Walters said that the cap hit this year wouldn't be all that different. I'd guess they converted a lot of bonuses into base salary and gave him a smaller signing bonus than $100K, but it's all conjecture at this point.
Lawless asked Walters if it was bonus this year and raise to the base the following two years and Walters said yes.

I guess it's relative when he says it wasn't much of a cap difference for this year. Is $100k much on a $5 million cap? I'd say no.