Whats left on the shopping list

BigBlue

I'm definetely not looking for approval from anyone,

HA!

I appreciate anyone who puts training camp reports up, but you sir, give the impression that this is SRS BSNS and get uppity when someone else gets more credit than you do. Definitely comes across as attention and approval seeking.

For me it's all about giving credit where credit is due. That's how I am at work and it's very much appreciated by my subordinates, colleagues and my supervisors. It's not about seeking approval or attention. Different environment here I guess...

This isn't supposed to be like work, man. It's supposed to be a bunch of dudes shooting the **** about a football team.

It's pretty ironic that I'm sitting here saying this now, because I used to be the same way and I wanted to receive credit for all the perceived "work" I do to try and get a jump on player signings and stuff but after a while, I realized who cares? I'm doing it because I like doing it and there's no reward to be handed out. The fact that I can share it with a group of people who enjoy getting the jump on Bomber news as much as I do is enough for me, it gives us something to talk about and that's what it's all about. You'll learn I suppose but make no mistake, you react the way you do right now because you're in it for the approval and/or attention. There's no such thing as "credit" around here that isn't attention or approval based, you're not writing down all your "scoops" to form a resume.

Disclaimer I still hate when the media steals stuff like that from our site / Twitter feed so I'll always ***** about that.

Not so much scoops, but ideas. I never have scoops, I just post tweets or links so others have the same info I found. And I get it, that it's different here. Either way, Mike you seem to have life (and the Internet) all figured out, so I'll just leave it at that.

It's funny you say you don't care, but in the end you do want the credit.

HA!

I appreciate anyone who puts training camp reports up, but you sir, give the impression that this is SRS BSNS and get uppity when someone else gets more credit than you do. Definitely comes across as attention and approval seeking.

For me it's all about giving credit where credit is due. That's how I am at work and it's very much appreciated by my subordinates, colleagues and my supervisors. It's not about seeking approval or attention. Different environment here I guess...

which is seeking approval... how you not grasping that?

We're making the trek out for the June 5th weekend (first full weekend of TC) just to hang and take in some camp, and I plan on posting thoughts throughout. If you assholes don't bow down and give me the credit I so rightly deserve, then so help me.....may God have mercy on your souls....

etc etc...

We're making the trek out for the June 5th weekend (first full weekend of TC) just to hang and take in some camp, and I plan on posting thoughts throughout. If you assholes don't bow down and give me the credit I so rightly deserve, then so help me.....may God have mercy on your souls....

etc etc...

article-1233439-077854E2000005DC-862_634

etc etc...

Can I come fan you and feed you berries while you watch or did Dave already call dibs?

HA!

Uh actually seeking approval and giving credit are two very different things.

Either way, this thread is starting to get really stupid, and I've definetely contributed to that. So I'll do my best to stay out of here for a bit

etc etc...

Can I come fan you and feed you berries while you watch or did Dave already call dibs?

I think 17 will be ok with that, but better not even think of calling dibs on the neck and shoulder massages.

etc etc...

I think 17 will be ok with that, but better not even think of calling dibs on the neck and shoulder massages.

Grapes...I demand grapes. Preferably green, but will settle for purple. I'm gonna go full on Joe Mack, get a lawn chair and just park it in the middle of the action while everyone else is running around like chumps...

etc etc...

I can make sure you receive a Wiecek Award.

etc etc...

Nothing less than a Tait, or I walk...

etc etc...

Really fond of Taits are we?

etc etc...

I could possibly upgrade you to a Lawless.

etc etc...

I could possibly upgrade you to a Lawless.

"...Better start eatin'...."

HA!

Credit where credit is due is not the same as seeking approval. If he was posting solely for stature or perceived stature amongst over posters or to be accepted as part of a group then perhaps you could say he was seeking approval.

But giving credit is different. Giving him credit for his had work writing and posting his reports of tc etc is different. He puts in a lot of effort to share with other people and does it for the community and not for himself.

I for one would be sad to lose out on these reports because all chest pumping that goes on here a lot of the time.

Appreciate the fact that gbill, mike and other contribute to this group in ways that other members like myself can't and let it go.

anyways.. back today lurking...

I'm actually thinking about coming to Winnipeg during TC and taking in one of the days.  I'd gladly report back on what I saw, especially O line stuff, and frankly, other than a few hosanna's and maybe a large gaudy medal, I won't require anything in return.

well, at least take the non-optional Teasers coupons...... (*checks to see if Teasers is still a thing*)

HA!

Credit where credit is due is not the same as seeking approval. If he was posting solely for stature or perceived stature amongst over posters or to be accepted as part of a group then perhaps you could say he was seeking approval.

But giving credit is different. Giving him credit for his had work writing and posting his reports of tc etc is different. He puts in a lot of effort to share with other people and does it for the community and not for himself.

I for one would be sad to lose out on these reports because all chest pumping that goes on here a lot of the time.

Appreciate the fact that gbill, mike and other contribute to this group in ways that other members like myself can't and let it go.

It's a ******* internet message board, if you need credit for anything you are seeking approval plain and simple. Some people around these parts definitely get off on trying to be seen as important. It's akin to having a conversation in a group and asking everyone for credit for a comment that you made. You see how shallow and ridiculous it is? 

I'm actually thinking about coming to Winnipeg during TC and taking in one of the days.  I'd gladly report back on what I saw, especially O line stuff, and frankly, other than a few hosanna's and maybe a large gaudy medal, I won't require anything in return.

well, at least take the non-optional Teasers coupons...... (*checks to see if Teasers is still a thing*)

I was just back in St. Boniface on Friday, and ahem...might have seen that it is still a going concern....

Lets face it. Other than Doug Brown, there's not another member of the media that knows enough about football to truly provide useful opinion on talent.  All they can do is regurgitate what O'shea says during his daily media sessions. They can't even ask the right questions in order to  solicit the information from O'Shea. 

Lets face it. Other than Doug Brown, there's not another member of the media that knows enough about football to truly provide useful opinion on talent.  All they can do is regurgitate what O'shea says during his daily media sessions. They can't even ask the right questions in order to  solicit the information from O'Shea. 

Disagree, sir......Tait and Irving get my vote of confidence. 

HA!

It's a ******* internet message board, if you need credit for anything you are seeking approval plain and simple. Some people around these parts definitely get off on trying to be seen as important. It's akin to having a conversation in a group and asking everyone for credit for a comment that you made. You see how shallow and ridiculous it is?

It is an Internet forum, but you are pretty active on here which suggests that you find the core group of posters as friends and take pleasure in being here and discussing whatever topic is up for debate. You are getting something out of this and aren't here just because. You, I would argue, get off on arguing whatever it is you are for or against, and I've seen you flip flop just to argue against someone else.

But none of this changes that seeking approval and seeking credit are two different things. If you can't see that then that's unfortunate for as I'm guessing you tend to get locked into one world view and have a hard time adjusting that as new info come up. That's cool, but it doesn't make you right.

Seeking approval from you peers is not the same thing as seeking credit for your contribution. One is seeking validation from a group of your self worth. the other is seeking realization for the work you have done