Next year's line up?

Ducky

Oops about Trouba, fixed.

We would make the trade for a sniper on LW with a contract (6m per) that expires 20-21. Someone to play with Scheif and Staff? plus PP time.

It leaves us with Pardy?, Postma, and Harrison, too.

It would give us great depth down the LW.

They would make the trade because they need help on D and it IS a 1st rounder.

I don't think we re-sign Fro...he'll get paid more than Chevy will offer...too bad, I like him. I would have traded him before the trade deadline.

I wouldn't give Staf too much but would like to see him re-sign....don't think it will happen though.

I could see Tlusty re-signing with the Canes.

I think Stemp re-signs.

Oops about Trouba, fixed.

We would make the trade for a sniper on LW with a contract (6m per) that expires 20-21. Someone to play with Scheif and Staff? plus PP time.

It leaves us with Pardy?, Postma, and Harrison, too.

It would give us great depth down the LW.

They would make the trade because they need help on D and it IS a 1st rounder.

I don't think we re-sign Fro...he'll get paid more than Chevy will offer...too bad, I like him. I would have traded him before the trade deadline.

I wouldn't give Staf too much but would like to see him re-sign....don't think it will happen though.

I could see Tlusty re-signing with the Canes.

I think Stemp re-signs.

I dont see any reason why we would do any of this. 

I dont know if we sign fro. I think the need for him was more important to us at the beginning of the year. I think we may have guys in our system that can take his role at a less of a hit.

Stafford will sign here....  Thats a great thing. We can and will afford to sign him...  Hes like having another Wheeler in your line up.

Tlusty? If we sign him it will be as a 4th liner. Maurice likes him so im not sure where this goes. Solid player IMO .. Not to concerned either way.

Stemp will sign. He likes it and he fits our mold.

I think guys like Stemp and Stafford stay because of the environment within the team. Staff has been thru the chaos in Buff and Stemp has been thru the UFA gig.  

• 1 month later...

Stafford - Scheifele - Perreault

Ladd - Little - Wheeler

Ehlers - Lowry - Armia

Stempniak - O'Dell - Thorburn

Buff - Trouba - Chiarot - Myers - Enstrom - Stuart - Morrissey? -

O'Dell and Armia will play together in Winnipeg, just not for the Jets. i think they will let Morrissey age in the minors.

I hope you don't have LLW as the 2nd line?

Correct me if Im wrong but Stafford is more natural a RW and Perrault a LW.  I know Stafford played LW and played well but that was out of necessity. 

I'd say:

Ladd - Little - Stafford

Perrault - Scheif - Wheeler

Ehlers - Lowry - ???

??? - Copp - Thorurn

Stemp could be an option at either of the ???.  It would be nice if Armia can play on the Jets but Im not sure.  He has lots of potential though.

One of our RHD will have to convert.

Enstrom - Myers

Buff - Trouba

Stuart - Chiarot

Except stu and Chiarot are both LHD.

Rhd = myers trouba buff

LHD = Toby stu Chiarot

Somethings got to give.

Im in favour of trading Buff but lets say they dont...I cant see them having three RHD at that level making that much money getting the minutes they want.

The other option is Buff on the 3LW with Ehlers and Lowry which would be a skilled third line.  But Buff prefers D and makes too much for a 3rd line role. 

In a perfect world you probably trade Buff and get some scoring depth for the wings.  And go:

Enstrom - Myers

Stuart - Trouba

Chiarot - Postma

With Morrissey there too.  I mean sure thats not exactly a scary D but if you trade Buff maybe you get a strong 3rd line winger and second/third pairing D man

Not sure how O'Dell got in there...supposed to be Copp.

D men are not in any order and if Buff isn't traded, one of the RHD will switch to the L side.

Still not sure if Ehlers makes the team... Burmi can fack off...didn't want to be a Jet and now does???? Trade him for a starting 3rd line winger, preferably a LW. Some of these russkies piss me off...

Stafford - Scheifele - Perreault

Ladd - Little - Wheeler

Ehlers - Lowry - Armia

Stempniak - Copp - Thorburn

Buff - Trouba - Chiarot - Myers - Enstrom - Stuart

This is assuming that Staf and stemp re-sign.

Once again, not a chance Lowry plays with 2 rookies on the third line, it won't happen.

I have no idea what the roster will look like, we will see in a couple weeks but i would be willing to bet just about anything that 1. Toby is not on the third pair with Stuart and 2. No chance that 2 rookies are on the third line with Lowry. 

We are a fringe playoff team and these rosters that i have seen the last day or so, projected rosters, to me those rosters don't scream playoffs, they scream dead last in the central. 

Burmi is probably a throw in, i could see for example pick 25 and Burmi to Buffalo for pick 21. I don't Burmi's value is that high at all. 

Buff plus Burmi for "insert players here".

I am actually starting to agree with TUP when he goes on about how the team may regress a bit this coming season, I could actually see us going really young and having some massive growing pains along the way but... being pretty good next year and so on.

Reality is right now

Buff,Toby,Trouba,Myers,Stuart,Chiarot are signed on D Harrison and Clitsome too but who knows what happens with Clitsome and his back.

Forwards signed are

Ladd,Little,Wheeler,Scheif,Perreault,Lowry,Thorburn,Copp,Peluso..

Lots of holes to fill and honestly, if we lose both Frolik and Stafford, man oh man... trouble for sure. And I think it's likely that we lose both.. I'd say it's almost guaranteed that Frolik is gone and i'd say it's 50/50 on stafford. Yeah that article but Elliot Friedman also had an article about stafford and the jets and said at this point, i wouldn't be optimistic that a deal gets done.

Jets might  regress next season for sure. Tough division. People can talk about Chicago but it's not the sharps oduyas and bickells that are winning them cups, it's the toews,kanes,keiths,seabrooks really... That's their core and our's can't compete with that just yet. 

Burmi is probably a throw in, i could see for example pick 25 and Burmi to Buffalo for pick 21. I don't Burmi's value is that high at all. 

Buff plus Burmi for "insert players here".

I am actually starting to agree with TUP when he goes on about how the team may regress a bit this coming season, I could actually see us going really young and having some massive growing pains along the way but... being pretty good next year and so on.

Reality is right now

Buff,Toby,Trouba,Myers,Stuart,Chiarot are signed on D Harrison and Clitsome too but who knows what happens with Clitsome and his back.

Forwards signed are

Ladd,Little,Wheeler,Scheif,Perreault,Lowry,Thorburn,Copp,Peluso..

Lots of holes to fill and honestly, if we lose both Frolik and Stafford, man oh man... trouble for sure. And I think it's likely that we lose both.. I'd say it's almost guaranteed that Frolik is gone and i'd say it's 50/50 on stafford. Yeah that article but Elliot Friedman also had an article about stafford and the jets and said at this point, i wouldn't be optimistic that a deal gets done.

Jets might  regress next season for sure. Tough division. People can talk about Chicago but it's not the sharps oduyas and bickells that are winning them cups, it's the toews,kanes,keiths,seabrooks really... That's their core and our's can't compete with that just yet. 

I wouldn't trade Burmi just to move up 4 spots in the draft.

Ladd-Little-new guy

Stafford-Scheifele-Wheeler

Ehlers-Lowry-Perreault

Stempniak-Copp-Peluso/Thorburn/Armia

Enstrom-Myers

new guy-Trouba

Chiarot-Postma

Morrissey/Harrison

Pavelec-Hutchinson-Hellebuyck

Frolik walks, Slater walks

Byfuglien and second first rounder traded for a Winger and a LHD (philly in a creative deal to retain caphit)

Clitsome back troubles

maybe a UFA winger for depth?

maybe dump Pavelec and sign Greiss for one year as insurance with Hutch and Hellebuyck?

15-16 may not be as good as this past season but future looks real good

Maybe Byfuglien, Pavelec, Burmistrov and 17th to Carolina for Semin, Ward and 5th overall???