Next year's line up?

Ducky

Cant see them trading Pavs.  Cant see them wanting Semin.

If the rumours are true that Burmi and the Jets are close to a reconciliation, it would not surprise me.  Jets seem pretty into proper asset management and trading Burmi with his stock at its lowest makes little sense.  He'd have to be a real cancer in the room for that.  Look at Kane - now we know he did request to be traded, did have issues with team mates but the Jets pretended everything was fine because they wanted to make it work with the asset and he was far more valuable than Burmi.  I think they sell Burmi on the idea of coming in, being a team player and working hard.  A 1-2 year deal, probably low money.  And either he plays himself back to value where he either gets a raise from the Jets or helps them trade him by increasing the return.

Maybe Byfuglien, Pavelec, Burmistrov and 17th to Carolina for Semin, Ward and 5th overall???

Welcome to the forum. Now I'm going to pick apart your trade offer...

Carolina would have to give us the 5th overall just to take Semin & Ward for nothing in return, never mind three players with actual value. Their cap numbers are ugly, they're both over 30, and neither one is very good anymore.

I can see the jets moving Pav. He's coming off the best year of his career. His value has to be at its highest. If not tho and he stays he's got what 2 years left at a reasonable cap hit? Could be worse. Personally I think hellebuyck is ready and I'd go with helle hutch this year if I I could move pavelec

Why not. Anaheim went with Anderson and Gibson. Tampa has bishop and Vasilevski. When a goalie is ready he's ready. Helle is ready and Pav sucks. One stretch of 10 games don't change that. Helle is 22 23 years old. He's not some 18 year old.

We won't know if Hellebuyck is ready until we see him play in at least one NHL game against NHL competition. Preferably more.

• 2 weeks later...

Ladd-Little-Perreault

Stafford-Scheifele-Wheeler

Ehlers-Lowry-Burmistrov

Thorburn-Copp-Armia

Enstrom-Myers

new guy-Trouba

Chiarot-Buff

Morrissey

Pavelec-Hutchinson-Hellebuyck

We need a left shooting winger.

Stuart is still under contract and will be the <New Guy> on the left hand side.

No love for Brendan Lemieux or Nic Petan?

Figure they both need some seasoning yet.

At Petans size he needs to how he can play against men in the AHL.

I think Lemieux still has a year of junior left. He was only last years draft.