Next year's line up?

Ducky

Let's try...

Ladd Little Stafford

Ehlers Scheif Wheeler

Perreault Lowry Burmi

Not sure about 4th line but Armia Petan Copp are all options as are Thorbs peluso and Halischuk. So is JC Lipon who plays very much a 4th line energy type of game.

Also need to remember maybe we aren't done yet. Maybe a trade is made. Buff being most likely.

There's also the option of Burmi as 4th line center too. Natural position really.

Armia could move to third line.

Chevy mentioned Armia specifically today so he's gonna get a shot. He's a 2011 draft guy like Scheifs and Lowry

Let's try...

Ladd Little Stafford

Ehlers Scheif Wheeler

Perreault Lowry Burmi

Not sure about 4th line but Armia Petan Copp are all options as are Thorbs peluso and Halischuk

Petan will be better served getting top 6 minutes on the Moose then playing 4th line on the Jets.

4th line will likely be a combination of Copp & Thorburn with Halischuk / Peluso / some other players yet to be signed all rotating in.

Definitely going to Penticton this year to watch the young stars, especially the Jets. Ehlers should be owning people again like last year. I picked Johnny Gaudreau in my pool last year (and won because of him) purely from what I saw him do at that camp. I knew he was going to be lights out awesome.

We will see on Petan.  They were really just doing skating, passing and shooting drills, not even forwards against D today.

There is no doubt Petan has a ton of skill and amazing hands.  His challenge will be his size, and I think we will only get to see how he handles that once you get into game action.

With today's NHL, where size doesn't seem to be the same issue that it once was, he is more likely to make an impact than even 5 years ago.

We will see on Petan.  They were really just doing skating, passing and shooting drills, not even forwards against D today.

There is no doubt Petan has a ton of skill and amazing hands.  His challenge will be his size, and I think we will only get to see how he handles that once you get into game action.

With today's NHL, where size doesn't seem to be the same issue that it once was, he is more likely to make an impact than even 5 years ago.

The intangible with Petan is that he is a real leader/character guy. I saw it when I went to the Kelowna/Portland game here in the playoffs. The whole team looked to Petan for guidance all the time on the ice, he was always directing traffic on the power-play and telling guys where to go. He will be in the game somewhere, if not with Winnipeg then someone else. Stu Barnes 2.0. :)

The intangible with Petan is that he is a real leader/character guy. I saw it when I went to the Kelowna/Portland game here in the playoffs. The whole team looked to Petan for guidance all the time on the ice, he was always directing traffic on the power-play and telling guys where to go. He will be in the game somewhere, if not with Winnipeg then someone else. Stu Barnes 2.0. :)

At the end of their groups practice, Petan, Ehlers, and Lemieux were messing around with a puck, flipping it up into the air and trying to keep knocking it up in the air with their stick like a hacky sack.   Petan was really the only one who could do it with any consistency.  Good hand eye coordination.

He already seems well liked by the other prospects.  

At the end of their groups practice, Petan, Ehlers, and Lemieux were messing around with a puck, flipping it up into the air and trying to keep knocking it up in the air with their stick like a hacky sack.   Petan was really the only one who could do it with any consistency.  Good hand eye coordination.

Were the CHL kids and the USHL kids kind of keeping to their separate groups? The CHL kids probably all know each other, as well as the USHL kids probably all know each other, but there's no doubt been limited interaction between the two groups. Was Chase Deleo at the camp? He'd kind of be a bridge to both sides, given he played on the US National World Junior team.

Were the CHL kids and the USHL kids kind of keeping to their separate groups? The CHL kids probably all know each other, as well as the USHL kids probably all know each other, but there's no doubt been limited interaction between the two groups. Was Chase Deleo at the camp? He'd kind of be a bridge to both sides, given he played on the US National World Junior team.

Couldn't really tell who was sticking to groups, everyone pretty much left the ice after practice other then the three I mentioned of the Group B players.  Didn't stay till the end to watch all of the Group A players.

De Leo was at camp.  He has got some speed to burn.

Why? Size?

Pretty much.

Perreault is a centre at 5'10" 185 that plays mostly on the wing with the Jets.

Petan is 5'9" 165.  

Granted Petan has time to put some weight on, but even 20 pounds to get to Perreault's playing weight is a lot for someone his size.  Speed is a big part of Petan's game, and even Ehlers was saying in this training camp that he noticed his speed take a hit when he put on a lot of weight fast.

Petan will be able to make the roster sooner on the wing.  

Always exceptions of course.   Tyler Johnson from Tampa Bay is 5'8" 183 lbs and plays centre.

Petan was wearing what looked to be a camera strapped to his chest. Wonder if they will post footage later.

Here is a link to the Petan cam.  The footage from the camera is actually kind of disappointing, I wonder if it would have been better if it was on his head rather than chest.

http://video.jets.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=831713&catid=96