Hey KBF. Did ya hear it snowed in Winnipeg?

tacklewasher

I think Logan makes a good point.  Other than weather, there's plenty of good reasons to live in Manitoba, like the lower personal and property tax rate, no wait, that's not it.  Well their PST is lower.  No...hmmm.  Well they have fewer insect issues...oh right...hmmm

There is the skiing.........

Meh, it could be worse, it's like what? 2 cm's, some more is expected but this is nothing compared to what places like Alberta, SASK, the maritimes have gotten. Heck even Ontario is like - double digits, i just looked on my phone and at almost 2 pm, it's zero out. 

I think Logan makes a good point.  Other than weather, there's plenty of good reasons to live in Manitoba, like the lower personal and property tax rate, no wait, that's not it.  Well their PST is lower.  No...hmmm.  Well they have fewer insect issues...oh right...hmmm

There is the skiing.........

Moguls

Meh, it could be worse, it's like what? 2 cm's, some more is expected but this is nothing compared to what places like Alberta, SASK, the maritimes have gotten. Heck even Ontario is like - double digits, i just looked on my phone and at almost 2 pm, it's zero out. 

Alberta?? We didn't really have winter here in Calgary. Snow's been gone for a month. 

Alberta?? We didn't really have winter here in Calgary. Snow's been gone for a month. 

And even when we get winter there's a chinook rolls around every few weeks and gives us a break from the cold. 

Amused to see the whining online about a couple CM that will shortly be gone.  Yeah we got lucky with a pretty mild winter overall and the 3rd quickest snow melt in history.  But it's still march.  Anyone remember April 1997?

Amused to see the whining online about a couple CM that will shortly be gone.  Yeah we got lucky with a pretty mild winter overall and the 3rd quickest snow melt in history.  But it's still march.  Anyone remember April 1997?

LOL you seem to have forgotten April of 2013 & 14.

Temps definitely a little crazy the next little while

tomorrow plus 8, wed plus 1, thursday -3 friday plus 2, saturday plus 11, rain it sounds like, sunday plus 8, monday plus 10, tuesday plus 7,wed plus 3

That can all change tho in a second but that's pretty much normal weather for this time of year, well the plus 11 and 10 isn't really.

As for Alberta, saw a pic on twitter of commonwealth covered in snow. 

Didn't we or darn near set a record last weekend when it was like plus 15 or something, or close to a record high. It was damn nice out and this snow is fine with me, don't mind the look of clean white snow actually and it's not really cold so whatever. It's march lol. 

tomorrow plus 8, wed plus 1, thursday -3 friday plus 2, saturday plus 11, rain it sounds like, sunday plus 8, monday plus 10, tuesday plus 7,wed plus 3

That can all change tho in a second but that's pretty much normal weather for this time of year, well the plus 11 and 10 isn't really.

Didn't we or darn near set a record last weekend when it was like plus 15 or something, or close to a record high. It was damn nice out and this snow is fine with me, don't mind the look of clean white snow actually and it's not really cold so whatever. It's march lol. 

That's Edmonton. We Calgarians laugh at Edmonton. Let them be buried. ;)

That's Edmonton. We Calgarians laugh at Edmonton. Let them be buried. ;)

Pfff...Calgary sucks.  If I moved to Alberta I'd skip that city in a heartbeat.  Only reason to go there is because Banff is so close.

Oh, and Medicine Hat blows too.

I'm not complaining about a few cm of snowfall in march.  Par for the course.  We are coming off a pretty mild winter.  February was the only month below average temperature.  Our snowfall was 1/2 - 2/3s of what it normally is...which isn't much compared to other parts of Canada.

WHy was this thread directed at KBF?  Anyways, Kelowna has some advantages - mild winters, longer spring and fall, surrounded by beautiful mountains.  Then again, it's a ridiculously expensive place to live and the average wage does not compensate for the higher living costs; higher unemployment, lower average wages and a very slow-growing population.  Plus a hear many in the BC interior are not the most progressive-minded.

Most important, no CFL and NHL team. ;)

I'm not complaining about a few cm of snowfall in march.  Par for the course.  We are coming off a pretty mild winter.  February was the only month below average temperature.  Our snowfall was 1/2 - 2/3s of what it normally is...which isn't much compared to other parts of Canada.

WHy was this thread directed at KBF?  Anyways, Kelowna has some advantages - mild winters, longer spring and fall, surrounded by beautiful mountains.  Then again, it's a ridiculously expensive place to live and the average wage does not compensate for the higher living costs; higher unemployment, lower average wages and a very slow-growing population.  Plus a hear many in the BC interior are not the most progressive-minded.

Most important, no CFL and NHL team. ;)

HAHA YOU SUCK KELOWNA!!!

hqdefault.jpg

...unemployment, poor wages, high cost of living and sucking.