One or two unannounced signings (update 1/21)

Mike

Sears is 6'1 193 pounds so this guy is 3 inches taller and 2 pounds heavier... Sears makes it work. Light? Maybe but.. it's all about how athletic he is, I hear Bryant is a bit slow tho, not fast... not the quickest player in the world... That would be the more concerning part than how tall or how heavy he is. Needs to be able to keep up with these speedy receivers up here, can he?

Benton seems like a beast tho. Definitely a MLB candidate there.

Also interesting to note but on the Official Bomber site, Quinn Everett, OL is listed on the roster.

Interesting on Everett. I'd say this definitely spells the end of Hinse with the Bombers...maybe even Morley. If it were up to me I'd keep Morley and stick him on the IR as insurance.

Benton's 40 time is 4.65. How does that compare to other MLB's? Seems a little slow but not sure how other LBs compare.

Eliminian runs a 4.6, Bighill around 4.55. Probably couldn't run those today, but at peak.

MLB 40 yard times are not really all that important though, imo

Benton's 40 time is 4.65. How does that compare to other MLB's? Seems a little slow but not sure how other LBs compare.

Eliminian runs a 4.6, Bighill around 4.55. Probably couldn't run those today, but at peak.

MLB 40 yard times are not really all that important though, imo

Cool. Thanks. I was just curious.

I don't know if they're out there, but the more interesting numbers I'd like to see are his 10 yard split and his 3-cone.

I thought this was another interesting bit from Darren Cameron's blog:

To this day, I still text regularly with Henoc and with Receiver Chris Matthews (another example of this whole scenario), and even when I start the conversation about their latest game, they quickly turn it to how things are up here and how they just watched our last game. Both enjoyed their time in Winnipeg immensely, but their skills allowed them to play down south. We should commend that, and we do.

Money may be the bottom line but if they do end up back in the CFL, it sounds like we'll have a head start on the other teams.

Looks like they are focusing at getting some talent for minicamps and tc; seems like they want to improve our defensive side of the ball in some areas.  Hope to recruit the defensive side; and fix oline through FA/DRAFT?  We could be heading into a good year if they manage both

Don't forget these dbs can probably play SAM.

Sam Miller is 5'9" 182lbs.

5'10" 190. Lots of SAM linebackers have played at a similar size.

Kent, Malveaux, both guys in that ball park.

Nice to see some size being added. Kelly Malvaux was talented but very short- he had to roll his socks down to poop. You can teach technique but you can't teach height.

Don't forget these dbs can probably play SAM.

Sam Miller is 5'9" 182lbs.
5'10" 190. Lots of SAM linebackers have played at a similar size.
Not according to his NFL pro day measurements. These small guys exaggerate their height/weight all the time.
Doesn't matter. It's a comparison. If you look back at guys who have played SAM, their size is probably exaggerated too. So the comparison still works. Unless you think Sam Miller is the first guy to be incorrectly listed.