Lawless - Attention O'Shea: Fire Etcheverry

gbill2004

Neither our DC....or for that matter our OC...... has made much of a case for retention.  Enough of this mythical power struggle nonsense, and just get on with improving this club with some new coaches...

I want a new DC and OC cause they under performed. 

But also because it gets rid of two meat shields. 

You're up next Mike. And then Walters. 

Get your smug heads out of your arses and find some decent players. And then coach them!

No advantage to waiting until after the GC to fire OC/DC.  in fact GC week is a great time to interview potential replacements.  The league usually puts a stop to any firings during GC week, so we can't fire them now.  I'd like to see us replace both coordinators, but the tea leaves would suggest that we aren't going to.

If they can't be fired right now to keep all the attention focused on the events surrounding the festivities and the game itself, it would be bad form to interview people for a job that isn't even open yet.  To me that sort of looks bush league.

If they were going to fire the coordinators they should have done it the way BC did.  Fire before the moratorium.  That being said... if the decision's been made to fire one or more coordinators and those folks have been told, then there's nothing bush league about doing interviews during GC week.

Brice... Steinhauer is a good DC who's on a team that's made it to the GC two years running.  Other than a big raise, there's nothing in it for him to leave Hamilton for the same job on the  Bombers.

Terry ... You don't know what its like working with Austin. OS and Steinhauer are friends. If the Cats get AnallyPounded next Sunday, I'm sure he'd at least entertain a job offer, especially if more money was attached

Hate to be "that guy" but... do you actually know what it's like to work for Kent Austin??... or are you just speculating based on his sideline antics... for all we know, the guy could be a fantastic boss...

Just an FYI The league has a policy now when you cant announce coahces moves to after the grey cup is over. So settle down boys, go have a drink

Does this mean that BC Lions are in trouble for announcing about Benevides than?

I think that blackout is the week leading up to the Grey Cup, so they should be fine

Well, we've had 3 weeks to sort out our coordinators & haven't made any kind of an announcement either way. 

Just an FYI The league has a policy now when you cant announce coahces moves to after the grey cup is over. So settle down boys, go have a drink

Does this mean that BC Lions are in trouble for announcing about Benevides than?

I think that blackout is the week leading up to the Grey Cup, so they should be fine

Well, we've had 3 weeks to sort out our coordinators & haven't made any kind of an announcement either way. 

This delay  confirming that the coordinators will either stay or go is difficult to understand. Does it take that long to determine of they are worth keeping or not?

You can use stats to prove anything, 14% of people know that.

Some people though are just so anti-Etch they're willing to ignore reality and live in their own little fantasy world where the guy is literally Hitler

Figuratively

Hitler? C'mon 17... that's a bit over the top. More like Goering.

Some people though are just so anti-Etch they're willing to ignore reality and live in their own little fantasy world where the guy is literally Hitler

Figuratively

Actually, sadly (for some), from the Oxford dictionary:

literally Line breaks: lit|er¦al¦ly

Pronunciation: /ˈlɪt(ə)rəli 

/
Definition of literally in English: ADVERB
1In a literal manner or senseexactly:the driver took it literally when asked to go straight over the roundabouttiramisu, literally translated ‘pull-me-up’
1.1informal Used for emphasis while not being literally true:I have received literally thousands of letters

Figuratively

Actually, sadly (for some), from the Oxford dictionary:

literally Line breaks: lit|er¦al¦ly

Pronunciation: /ˈlɪt(ə)rəli

/

Definition of literally in English: ADVERB

1In a literal manner or sense; exactly:the driver took it literally when asked to go straight over the roundabouttiramisu, literally translated ‘pull-me-up’

1.1informal Used for emphasis while not being literally true:I have received literally thousands of letters

I'm not going to partake in the dumbing down of society to the point where rampant improper use of a word becomes an acceptable colloquialism.