Which Coaches Do You Want Back?

BigBlue

As much as I dislike Etch & Marcel, unless something better comes along, keep them. Two years to implement their systems would leave no excuse for failure.

I agree.  If we can find someone better, both of these bozo's need to go.

As far as the rest, it's hard to say.  Is Buck a good RB coach or is Cotton just amazing?  I really didn't see any big changes to Grigsby, so did Buck really do a good job?  Same goes for the receivers coach (don't know his name, just know we have one).  Our receivers didn't really bang one out of the park (except for our very few good players like Denmark, JFG, Kohlert, who were already solid), so did he do his job and help them or did we just have a few bad receivers?  It's hard to say with the positional coaches unless you're actually working with the team.

I'm not sure anyone here really knows enough to voice an informed opinion....

Yeah but I've never let that stop me in the past. Bring em all back except Bellefool. I got tired of him at the end of the season. 

Here's the thing with Etch - I'm not sure I want his defensive scheme back but I don't have problems with his defensive play-calling.  There were lots of games this year where offences were totally off balance.  Running the ball became the great equalizer for disguised blitzes.  Some kind of happy medium between the two would sit fine with me.

Mike O'Shea

Head Coach

Marcel Bellefeuille

Offensive Coordinator

Bob Wylie

Offensive Line

Paul Charbonneau

Assistant Offensive Line Coach

Markus Howell

Wide Receivers Coach

Gene Dahlquist

Quarterbacks Coach

Buck Pierce

Running Backs Coach

Gary Etcheverry

Defensive Coordinator

Nelson Martin

Defensive Backs Coach

Mike Scheper

Defensive Line Coach

Cory McDiarmid

Linebackers Coach

Dave Jackson

Defensive Assistant

Pat Tracey

Special Teams Coordinator

MB can go. He gets QB's killed, he did in Montreal with AC and he did it here too. Probably be best to turf him. Gotta see if any upgrades are available first tho.

As for ETCH, I'm on the fence but i'd suspect if ETCH goes, all the D coaches would probably have to go too. 

I really don't think positional coaches have much bearing, so bring back anyone that the coaches like - change them out if there were issues or if our coordinators change and have other people that they feel more comfortable with. 

Keep O'Shea, obviously. Not enough time to judge a rookie coach and there was some moderate improvement over past year. 

MB - I posted on the other site that I like the idea of keeping Willy in the same system. It would be hard on a young QB to change to his third system in three years. However, I have concerns about how many sacks that MB-led QBs have taken. I want MB back if he can make a plausible plan for protecting our QB, regardless of OL personnel.

Etch - I think he is missing players and that he was handicapped by ratio. I think if he hadn't been forced to sit Sears, if he was able to start Anderson (and if Anderson didn't get hurt), if we had a pass rushing DE or two, his scheme is not an issue. I think our D kept us in more games than many of us will admit.

MB can go. He gets QB's killed, he did in Montreal with AC and he did it here too. Probably be best to turf him. Gotta see if any upgrades are available first tho.

As for ETCH, I'm on the fence but i'd suspect if ETCH goes, all the D coaches would probably have to go too. 

The D coaches would not necessarily have to go...perhaps there is one who could take Etch's place with a different scheme.

The D coaches would not necessarily have to go...perhaps there is one who could take Etch's place with a different scheme.

Is there an assistant who stands out who could be coordinator material?

So i'm seeing, unofficially, half want MB gone, and half want Etch gone. The other half    want them both gone. 

Both were signed to 2 year contracts. Not a big problem, but a consideration.

Whenever MOS talks about them, he pointedly says how hard they work.

In his wrap up, he mentioned how he believed they put the players in a position to succeed.

I don't think either of them are going anywhere.

So i'm seeing, unofficially, half want MB gone, and half want Etch gone. The other half ? want them both gone.

Both were signed to 2 year contracts. Not a big problem, but a consideration.

Whenever MOS talks about them, he pointedly says how hard they work.

In his wrap up, he mentioned how he believed they put the players in a position to succeed.

I don't think either of them are going anywhere.

Where did you hear they signed 2 year contracts? Most coordinator contracts are one year. Are the contracts guaranteed if they're fired?