Which Coaches Do You Want Back?

BigBlue

I suspect we bring back Etch and Marcel despite both being poor options.

If MOS does that then he has one foot out the door already on the way to being canned. That would be a mistake. But he's stubborn so I wouldn't be surprised. 

Stubborn seem to be MOS's biggest weakness

If MOS does that then he has one foot out the door already on the way to being canned. That would be a mistake. But he's stubborn so I wouldn't be surprised.

I agree 100%. If O'Shea brings back Etch that's a huge concern with his judgement. Based on Walters comments I suspect he'll have some influence on the decision.

I agree 100%. If O'Shea brings back Etch that's a huge concern with his judgement. Based on Walters comments I suspect he'll have some influence on the decision.

Dollars to donuts our coaches stay. Where else can they go? MB maybe somewhere else but Etch? Who would hire him as a DC?

Did anyone witness the total collapse of this team in 2014? Bring those clowns back and not only will tix sales suffer, we can expect more of the same in 2015. Bellefueille has never been an offensive co-ordinator of any worth and Etch. was sacked in his last go round and that wasn't even in the CFL. I hope O'Shea reads the writing on the wall or it will be his undoing. Continuing with ineptness leads to more of the same.

I'm at the point now where I actually want them to make a big production about keeping Etch, and talk about how great he was this year, just so I can sit back and laugh at people on here and watch all the screaming and ants running from their hill being kicked...

I want to win Noeller. We won't ever with him as DC. I think that's more important than keeping him around for anyone's amusement. 

I'm at the point now where I actually want them to make a big production about keeping Etch, and talk about how great he was this year, just so I can sit back and laugh at people on here and watch all the screaming and ants running from their hill being kicked...

I'm at the point now where I want to see a well managed team on the field, which not only means good players and a smart head coach, but also coordinators that have proven they know how to put players in the best position to win. Bellfool and Etch both failed this year. 

Maybe its because I pay for season tickets that I'm not so amused. 

I want to win Noeller. We won't ever with him as DC. I think that's more important than keeping him around for anyone's amusement. 

But that's the very point.

Everybody is running around (notice how liberal I am with the word - run) declaring this and that and who should be where, who should get fired, get a haircut, get a screen test etc., that we've lost sight of what went wrong.

Is Etch any more responsible than MB? Than (****) Tracey? Than the players he had?

All's I know is that we want a good defence...one that will define us and help us win games.

I don't care who's running (heh) it, as long as it friggin works.

and yet we could have easily had a winning season with him as DC if not for bad turnovers on offense, some break downs on special teams... That's why people keep arguing with you about this, the defense was actually pretty solid for the most part this season. The offense doesn't go MIA late in the year and a winning season and playoffs quite likely happen. 

and yet we could have easily had a winning season with him as DC if not for bad turnovers on offense, some break downs on special teams... That's why people keep arguing with you about this, the defense was actually pretty solid for the most part this season. The offense doesn't go MIA late in the year and a winning season and playoffs quite likely happen. 

So second last in sacks and last in run stopping constitutes a solid defence for the most part of the season? That's laughable actually. It also fails to talk about the effect on the offence, especially in fourth quarters many times so the offence could not get back on the field.

So second last in sacks and last in run stopping constitutes a solid defence for the most part of the season? That's laughable actually. It also fails to talk about the effect on the offence, especially in fourth quarters many times so the offence could not get back on the field.

In general football theory, sure, that's a problem.  In real-life Bomber games?

The first Rider game where many fans were losing their minds over Messam running for 10 yards on every carry.  Total points generated by Saskatchewan's offence that game?  6.

And us not being able to mount a comeback because we didn't have the ball?  The defence got the offence the ball twice inside the 3 minute warning that game.  And the offence gave us 2 turnovers.

It's a flawed defence, no doubt.  By design it gives up the run to take away the pass.  I'm not in love with it.  But the whipping it takes from people I'd consider knowledgeable football fans on here (some obvious exceptions), well it makes me wonder whether breaking down all 18 games after the fact is an exercise I should make time for.  Because the games I watched, more often than not the defence was giving us a chance to win, not costing us the game.

What about Dave Easley as a special teams coach back here?

I know he was still living in the Peg last summer and hasn't been coaching this year as far as I know.

Last I remember he was actually I think working at Costco in the city here...be a big upgrade to what we have now as he has a lot of CFL coaching experience and is a great guy...always liked him 

Etch wants in run a 2 level defense that leaves the LBs either on or too close to the LOS and too easily blocked. The opposing RBs are then into the secondary for the DBs to make the tackle after significant yardage gained. Most other teams seemed to think that a 3 level system leaves the LBs better protected and in a position to scrap and make the tackle after a slight gain.