Which Coaches Do You Want Back?

BigBlue

Where did you hear they signed 2 year contracts? Most coordinator contracts are one year. Are the contracts guaranteed if they're fired?

….O'Shea liked the work of his co-ordinators this season, Marcel Bellefeuille on offence and Gary Etcheverry on defence.

"They've worked extremely hard," O'Shea said. "They've put their players in positions to be successful. Um, yeah. They've done a pretty good job."

He wouldn't go so far as to say both would be back in 2015, however. It's believed both have a year remaining on two-year contracts.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/11/02/time-for-bombers-to-clean-house

Where did you hear they signed 2 year contracts? Most coordinator contracts are one year. Are the contracts guaranteed if they're fired?

….O'Shea liked the work of his co-ordinators this season, Marcel Bellefeuille on offence and Gary Etcheverry on defence.

"They've worked extremely hard," O'Shea said. "They've put their players in positions to be successful. Um, yeah. They've done a pretty good job."

He wouldn't go so far as to say both would be back in 2015, however. It's believed both have a year remaining on two-year contracts.

- http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/11/02/time-for-bombers-to-clean-house

Thanks. That sucks.

Well, if MOS kept Kuale in the game after taking FOUR Unnecessary roughness penalties, I can't really see him canning any coaches unless a coach becomes available that he has a good professional relationship with. 

If anyone is going to leave, my bet is that man is MB gone, as MB was inherited by MOS, not necessarily 'hired' (probably kept him because no one MOS wanted was available). 

I'll argue a bit on the protection piece - Brohm and Marve did fine and weren't sacked any more often than any other CFL QB. Willy needs to learn to get rid of the ball faster. I'm sure he will be working on that in the off-season and will be much better next year. But after game 6, our offense clearly wasn't fooling anybody.

OMG I don't want to be stuck with those two goobers for the next year.  UGGH!  If I had to pick one of the two to boot though, I'd kick out MB.  His offensive schemes are terrible and always have been.  If Etch can change his D to a more conventional one, and get some bigger guys in there, then I'm ok keeping Etch...although I'd rather not have him.

I'll argue a bit on the protection piece - Brohm and Marve did fine and weren't sacked any more often than any other CFL QB. Willy needs to learn to get rid of the ball faster. I'm sure he will be working on that in the off-season and will be much better next year. But after game 6, our offense clearly wasn't fooling anybody.

and yet Brohm, a pocket passer like Willy ended up having his season ended in the same manner of injury that first caused Willy problems this year, that is he got his hand banged up by guys being too deep in the pocket as he was throwing. I have no doubts that if Brohm took as many snaps as Willy did this year he too would have started holding onto the ball longer. As for Marve, he is able to scramble so that bought himself time, but if teams had some film on him would they simply play contain on him and take away that advantage? It happens a lot. Basically early in the year Willy was doing things to avoid the pressure too but he got worn down over the course of the season, I think the same would happen to the other qbs as well. 

You know I remember Max Hall talking about the offense in the preseason and saying he was excited because the offense had so many things in it to counter the blitz if the opposition threw that at them... well where were they? This team was woeful against the blitz this year. I think the offense for Bellefeuille is just flawed. Puts too much pressure on the offensive line and that doesn't seem like a good idea when the team is still trying to rebuild that area of the team. Gotta put guys in a position to be successful and I am not sure leaving Willy in the pocket to be a target was a good idea. Sounded like in the final game though they were moving Willy around a bit, but again, why did it take 18 games to figure that out? 

I'm not interested in bringing back any of the coordinators.  

MB's offense hasn't changed since he made Calvillo look like he was done.  He's had a year and a half with the Bombers and we've seen the results.  Our offense isn't going to get much better as long as we have him as OC.

Etch's defense is what we thought it would be.  He isn't going to change to a more conventional defense or a 3-4.  I think the CFL has moved forward and Etch hasn't moved with the times.  

I worry that the Bombers brass will use the 'We beat the best team in the league in the last game' as an excuse to keep the coordinators and expect to turn it around next year like we did after that 4 win season a few years back.  I'd prefer they make the decisions in the next couple of weeks and use Grey Cup week to do interviews.

So i'm seeing, unofficially, half want MB gone, and half want Etch gone. The other half    want them both gone. 

Both were signed to 2 year contracts. Not a big problem, but a consideration.

Whenever MOS talks about them, he pointedly says how hard they work.

In his wrap up, he mentioned how he believed they put the players in a position to succeed.

I don't think either of them are going anywhere.

Half wanted them gone when they were hired.

You know I remember Max Hall talking about the offense in the preseason and saying he was excited because the offense had so many things in it to counter the blitz if the opposition threw that at them... well where were they?

Keep in mind, he might have been high.

So i'm seeing, unofficially, half want MB gone, and half want Etch gone. The other half    want them both gone. 

Both were signed to 2 year contracts. Not a big problem, but a consideration.

Whenever MOS talks about them, he pointedly says how hard they work.

In his wrap up, he mentioned how he believed they put the players in a position to succeed.

I don't think either of them are going anywhere.

I thought I heard him say that we gave up too much running yards. Surprised to hear that. I also saw a quote the other day, where he said competition is a good thing, referring to the o line.

I don't get why it isn't good for quarterback as well.

example….. Seahawks. 

Wouldn't this be a dream:

@BomberJetsTalk: If Scott Milanovich *does* want out of Toronto he would become the ultimate OC candidate. I'd expect BC & WPG to push hard for his services.

Wouldn't this be a dream:

@BomberJetsTalk: If Scott Milanovich *does* want out of Toronto he would become the ultimate OC candidate. I'd expect BC & WPG to push hard for his services.

When really thinking about this and not being the biggest fan of his approach/style to coaching, someone like him maybe is what the doctor ordered.

His type of demeanor and approach to the game might inject some needed life and might actually help give our offense an actual identity that then we can continue to build on.

If he's not available, find someone built from the same guild.

I'd mentioned something similar about Milano before, but the honest truth is that Montreal would likely be his destination. Still has the most ties there...

They might have an opening for OC there but I'm not sure if he has ties with Higgins, who will be his head coach if he comes back there.