Time For The CFL To Levy Fines On The Refs For Tacky Calls

USABomberfan

lol i agree but the reason the refs are so awful is because they don't get 1. paid enough and 2. enough training. it's not a job for them, it's just like delivering flyers for a few extra bucks a week.

Until they actually invest in training the refs better, this inconsistency and incompetency will always be there. 

Well, whoever you blame whether it's that nutjob Glen Johnson or now resigning comish Mark Cohon, someone needs to do their job out there instead of putting up with this referee crap job that's costing teams games and robbing fans of ticket money.

It's ridiculous and the league is coming under fire from me for putting up with this.

Well, whoever you blame whether it's that nutjob Glen Johnson or now resigning comish Mark Cohon, someone needs to do their job out there instead of putting up with this referee crap job that's costing teams games and robbing fans of ticket money.

It's ridiculous and the league is coming under fire from me for putting up with this.

Honestly, the biggest WTF this game was "we can't review due to technical difficulties with the command centre". WTF was that about. THAT IS BUSH LEAGUE STUFF.

Honestly, the biggest WTF this game was "we can't review due to technical difficulties with the command centre". WTF was that about. THAT IS BUSH LEAGUE STUFF.

The Command Centre uses the same TSN feed for reviews.  So without the TSN feed to review.  They couldn't review it.    It's quite simple actually. 

The Command Centre uses the same TSN feed for reviews.  So without the TSN feed to review.  They couldn't review it.    It's quite simple actually. 

thats very bush league then to be relying on the tsn feed, why bother going to the command centre then, why not go up to black and forde to make the call then.  The play is under review by the tsn announcers is what they should be saying then. 

thats very bush league then to be relying on the tsn feed, why bother going to the command centre then, why not go up to black and forde to make the call then.  The play is under review by the tsn announcers is what they should be saying then. 

I'm not sure what you want them to do?  It's the same in the NFL.  The reviews are made based on the different camera angles provided by the broadcasting network.   Otherwise the league would have to use their own cameras and that would never happen.    

This is the first time it's happened in history of league reviews.   Not  bad if you ask me. 

I'm not sure what you want them to do?  It's the same in the NFL.  The reviews are made based on the different camera angles provided by the broadcasting network.   Otherwise the league would have to use their own cameras and that would never happen.    

This is the first time it's happened in history of league reviews.   Not  bad if you ask me. 

why couldn't they just use the replay from the in house feed, it was showed on the jumbo tron, for a situation that rarely to never happens, why not have a back up plan in case it does. I'd bet the NFL has a backup plan. Doubt you'd heard them say "technical difficulties". 

The Command Centre uses the same TSN feed for reviews. So without the TSN feed to review. They couldn't review it. It's quite simple actually.

thats very bush league then to be relying on the tsn feed, why bother going to the command centre then, why not go up to black and forde to make the call then. The play is under review by the tsn announcers is what they should be saying then.

I'm not sure what you want them to do? It's the same in the NFL. The reviews are made based on the different camera angles provided by the broadcasting network. Otherwise the league would have to use their own cameras and that would never happen.

This is the first time it's happened in history of league reviews. Not bad if you ask me.

why couldn't they just use the replay from the in house feed, it was showed on the jumbo tron, for a situation that rarely to never happens, why not have a back up plan in case it does. I'd bet the NFL has a backup plan. Doubt you'd heard them say "technical difficulties".

How the hell were they supposed to transmit the freakin feed to the Command Centre when they couldn't transmit the feed out of the stadium. FYI - the house feed is provided by TSN.

The Command Centre uses the same TSN feed for reviews. So without the TSN feed to review. They couldn't review it. It's quite simple actually.

thats very bush league then to be relying on the tsn feed, why bother going to the command centre then, why not go up to black and forde to make the call then. The play is under review by the tsn announcers is what they should be saying then.

I'm not sure what you want them to do? It's the same in the NFL. The reviews are made based on the different camera angles provided by the broadcasting network. Otherwise the league would have to use their own cameras and that would never happen.

This is the first time it's happened in history of league reviews. Not bad if you ask me.

How the hell were they supposed to transmit the freakin feed to the Command Centre when they couldn't transmit the feed out of the stadium. FYI - the house feed is provided by TSN.

I'm glad somebody gets it  :)

The issue was that on the jumbo tron at the game... they clearly showed the play yet the refs refuse to look up???

O Shea was pissed and was telling them to look up and it clearly showed that the call should of been over ruled yet they didnt.

The issue was that on the jumbo tron at the game... they clearly showed the play yet the refs refuse to look up???

O Shea was pissed and was telling them to look up and it clearly showed that the call should of been over ruled yet they didnt.

On a review, the play is reviewed by the officials in the Command Centre.  Not the on field officials.  The officials in Toronto couldn't see the feed, just like us that were watching it on TV.   

The rules do not allow the on-field officials to use replays to overturn calls. The official at the Command Centre is the only one who can - just like with the NHL.

I'm more pissed at the contacting the kicker penalty and the non PI call on the last play.  The Ticats defender had a hold of the receivers jersey.

The ball wasn't catchable so how could they call PI. Even if he hadn't held the jersey, the ball wouldn't have been catchable.

I'm more pissed at the contacting the kicker penalty and the non PI call on the last play.  The Ticats defender had a hold of the receivers jersey.

The ball wasn't catchable so how could they call PI. Even if he hadn't held the jersey, the ball wouldn't have been catchable.

I've seen PI calls before when the pass non catchable.  The defender didn't allow the receiver to make his cut towards the ball. 

I've seen PI calls before when the pass non catchable.  The defender didn't allow the receiver to make his cut towards the ball. 

inconsistency yet again. Not sure what you get from the refs week to week game to game. Same with the contacting the kicker call, last week ott vs sask, milo nailed, not called, this week, medlock not touched really at all.. penalty. Inconsistency is ruining the league. Oh and not just talking about bomber games, league wide the reffing is inconsistent and ruining games. 

What do I want them to do?  Have a backup plan.

If they lose the feed and can't review that play, there should be no reviews for the rest of the game for starters.  It's more bush league to play part of a game under one set of rules and the rest under another set than it is to not have review at all.

In terms of a backup plan, the stadium feed was working, the play was being replayed from at least 3 different angles on screens throughout the stadium.  Each CFL game has an officiating supervisor.  In the case that the Command Centre loses their feed, all reviews should go through the supervisor on site.  

There were 3 bad calls that I saw that could have made this game at least possibly winnable.

1) The skipped ball that was caught by Hamilton.  It's not the fact that they didn't have TSN feed, it's the fact that you're all watching the ball yet none of you saw it hit the field first.

2) The caught ball that was fumbled which could have been run back for a touchdown.

3) The roughing the kicker called where he barely touched the kicker yet he fell down as if he was tackled by a 300 pound DL.  Not only that, but he was bumped into him.