Garrett been released?

Jpan85

How people can still support Buck is beyond me. Absolutely no reason to go to him at all anymore. Best chance to win? That's bull crap. Or bill rap as autocorrect suggested.

As for Garrett, too bad he didn't get a shot. Simpson hasn't been overly impressive, but then again, behind that oline I'm not sure Barry Sanders would look that good.

If Hall is worse than Goltz & Buck, who do you start next week?  If it's me, I go with the veteran.  Glenn was played out but sure proved to have something left in the tank.  I'm not willing to write off the only QB we have that has ever won (or even shown to have talent to win).

Of course you're not, you've been blindly defending the guy forever.

I get that you like Buck Pierce but trust me when I tell you that even if the initial impact is a step back, the long term benefits we will see from finally cutting ties with Buck are nothing but good for this franchise.

How people can still support Buck is beyond me. Absolutely no reason to go to him at all anymore. Best chance to win? That's bull crap. Or bill rap as autocorrect suggested.

Agreed...aside from him having the best completion percentage, yards per game, and yards per completion, but hey, that doesn't mean nothing...

There are facts, and there are opinions. You don't have to like the guy, or be a fan of his, but out of anyone on the current roster, he gives us the best chance to win on any given night. That, is fact.

Agreed...aside from him having the best completion percentage, yards per game, and yards per completion, but hey, that doesn't mean nothing...

There are facts, and there are opinions. You don't have to like the guy, or be a fan of his, but out of anyone on the current roster, he gives us the best chance to win on any given night. That, is fact.

Technically, that can never be fact.

You're using past history to dictate the future which, by definition, can never be anything but a guess or an opinion.

And based on how shitty Buck is, I'd say it's an opinion that can easily be argued.

Johnny Sears not a fan of the move. Here are a series of tweets:

Winning is what i thouhgt the common goal was? I don't think it helps to let a great player in @TheChrisGarrett go and help another team!!

Its hard to put you best foot forward without the other foot to step infront of! #ScratchingmyHead.. Real 1s always bounce back tho.

Technically, that can never be fact.

You're using past history to dictate the future which, by definition, can never be anything but a guess or an opinion.

And based on how shitty Buck is, I'd say it's an opinion that can easily be argued.

Forget last year's stats, this year, his stats are STILL the best of the rest. That's not an opinion. Like I said, his completion percentage is better, yards per game is better, as is his yards per completion.

That's it then, we'll let his stats play the game, because Buck can't.

And by the way, I'd guess his stats have been going steadily downhill recently.

Johnny Sears not a fan of the move. Here are a series of tweets:

Winning is what i thouhgt the common goal was? I don't think it helps to let a great player in @TheChrisGarrett go and help another team!!

Its hard to put you best foot forward without the other foot to step infront of! #ScratchingmyHead.. Real 1s always bounce back tho.

as a guy who can't seem to stay healthy methinks it'd be wise for little Johnny to keep his yap shut cause he might find himself alongside his buddy in the unemployment line before too long. 

Fact is Buck also has a lower QB rating, higher percentage of passes that were picked off and a lower percentage of passes that went for tds. We also scored more points with Buck not in the lineup.

how about sacks given up? Rushing yards per game with and without Buck? There's as many stats to say Pierce isn't the better option and a whole boatload of stuff that can't be measured in stats as well. Pierce is simply too easy for other teams to defend against because of his lack of mobility and slow decision making. 

Fact is Buck also has a lower QB rating, higher percentage of passes that were picked off and a lower percentage of passes that went for tds. We also scored more points with Buck not in the lineup.

Lower QBR by 1.2, stop the presses, immediately put Goltz back at one on the depth chart! There's a good reason after consulting with the coaches that they have Goltz at three after just two weeks starting. They'd seen MORE than enough. How do you miss a 6 foot 5 receiver, completely over throw him on a crossing pattern when he's no more than 10 feet away. The guy is a joke!

Lower QBR by 1.2, stop the presses, immediately put Goltz back at one on the depth chart! There's a good reason after consulting with the coaches that they have Goltz at three after just two weeks starting. They'd seen MORE than enough. How do you miss a 6 foot 5 receiver, completely over throw him on a crossing pattern when he's no more than 10 feet away. The guy is a joke!

let's ask your boy Buck cause he's over thrown that same 6'5 receiver plenty of times this season too. See your better accuracy for PIerce amounts to 3%... is that really worth getting all hot and bothered over?

Mike I'm all for planning for the future. I was a big Joey Elliott fan and wanted him to start last season.

I'm being a realist. buck is better than Goltz. We will see about Hall. I just remember how bad we all thought Glenn was.

Buck deserves an opportunity to rebound, especially if no one else we have is better. I believe in developing a QB not throwing them to the wolves.

If buck stats next week and plays well and wins a bunch of games is it still a good idea to cut ties? I won't even mention injuries since he missed less than half a game due to injuries this season (Goltz first start, Buck also dressed).

That's the problem that has been around this franchise for 20 years its this guy is the best right now. Its not who is going to be the best 6 games from now, at the end of the year, two years from now.

I would agree, though I think it's highly unlikely any three of our current QB's will be on the roster next year, hence my beliefs on the position right now for this season. Under normal circumstances, absolutely.