Garrett been released?

Jpan85

I see the same people pumping Goltz on here who were pumping Elliott last season.

Face it, you either know **** about the QB position or you are just Buck haters with clouded judgement.

As for Garrett and the others, too bad we have to make room on the roster for the incoming players who can start to turn the ship around.

I see the same people pumping Goltz on here who were pumping Elliott last season.

Face it, you either know **** about the QB position or you are just Buck haters with clouded judgement.

As for Garrett and the others, too bad we have to make room on the roster for the incoming players who can start to turn the ship around.

I submit if you think Buck is the answer at QB than you know ****.

Chase, you can look at basic statistics all you want.

If you really want to break out stats that mean something, they all favor Goltz.

Points per possession, percentage of two-and-outs, average net offense.

For example ... last I checked, Buck was going two and out roughly 44% of the time this year. Compared to Goltz at around 17-18%

Not even close. And there are plenty more stats just like that.

Mike stats don't mean anything when you can make a statement like "Buck is better than Goltz."

I know I'm convinced.

Also, Garrett was never going to play here, is coming off significant knee surgery and looked like the worst of the three backs in TC and pre-season games. He will likely never play in another CFL game for anyone.

Mike stats don't mean anything when you can make a statement like "Buck is better than Goltz."

I know I'm convinced.

Also, Garrett was never going to play here, is coming off significant knee surgery and looked like the worst of the three backs in TC and pre-season games. He will likely never play in another CFL game for anyone.

It was Achilles heel surgery actually.

Not a big fan of this move but I'm excited that they seem to be moving quickly on some of these.  Mack is fired and already we see Swiston go in for Morley (long overdue), a new kicker that hopefully won't put the ball into the benches so often and obviously Max Hall in at QB.

If you really want to break out stats that mean something, they all favor Goltz.

For example ... last I checked, Buck was going two and out roughly 44% of the time this year. Compared to Goltz at around 17-18%

Goltz did it against better teams too.

Yet Pierce is ahead of him on the depth chart, following consultation of the ENTIRE offensive staff. If Goltz was significantly better as you're implying, he wouldn't be the #3.

Yet Pierce is ahead of him on the depth chart, following consultation of the ENTIRE offensive staff. If Goltz was significantly better as you're implying, he wouldn't be the #3.

I honestly think this depth chart thing is over-rated.  The Bombers are going to put out there the guy that is at least having some success moving the ball.  I seriously think that while I am swilling beer in Section 226 on Friday I'm going to see all three QB's at some point.

These moves weren't done to make cap space they were done because of cap problems. You can't routinely one game injure 7 to 9 guys a week and make the cap. Too many healthy guys on there now. 2 import backs on the roster a third around is am unnecessary luxury. Whether it was Ford or Garrett it is academic. They better dump so more fat or they will be in cap trouble.

This wasn't a problem before when someone was actually managing the cap. It wasn't Mack either. The only cap he knew was one he wore to practice.

Lower QBR by 1.2, stop the presses, immediately put Goltz back at one on the depth chart! There's a good reason after consulting with the coaches that they have Goltz at three after just two weeks starting. They'd seen MORE than enough. How do you miss a 6 foot 5 receiver, completely over throw him on a crossing pattern when he's no more than 10 feet away. The guy is a joke!

I've seen buck do the same thing a few times this year. And he's supposed to be the vet. At least Goltz is young and has upside. Buck just sucks and has no excuse. THe fact that he is 2 Tds to 5 picks should be enough to tell you he sucks ****

You can't pull that argument, seen as how you argued against the depth chart for the entire two weeks it was flipped.

Coaches make dumb decisions all the time, Steve Morely is a great example

Can we stay on topic here?

I don't see why Sears or anyone really thinks this is a bad or even a surprising move.  I'm actually shocked that Garrett made it out of training camp.   Simpson is the better back,  Ford is younger and healthier ....  we really have no need for Garrett aside from being insurance incase Simpson gets hurt.    Even so ,  rb's are dime a dozen and can be replaced in a heart beat.   

Good move to cut his salary and hopefully put it elsewhere where it's needed.  If Simpson gets hurt,  their will be a crap load of backs from NFL cuts and Garrett most likely won't be doing anything so they could always give him a call. 

Johnny Sears not a fan of the move. Here are a series of tweets:

Winning is what i thouhgt the common goal was? I don't think it helps to let a great player in @TheChrisGarrett go and help another team!!

Its hard to put you best foot forward without the other foot to step infront of! #ScratchingmyHead.. Real 1s always bounce back tho.

Well, Kyle Walters claim that the lines of communication  between the players & coaches would improve & having players not speak publicly about ny personnel moves lasted, what, 24 hours??? Another negative comment. These guys have to be fined heavily & by heavily, I mean in the thousands of dollars or outright released. This is getting stupid.