FNF - Montreal @ Ottawa / Sask. @ Edmonton

Mr Dee

Ottawa? What the hell was that…again?

Crompton giving them all kind of chances to win, but they don't want it.

The stats? In Ottawa's favour, but they don't want it.

Henry Burris? A million chances to win another game, but he doesn't want it.

Ottawa coulda, woulda, shoulda have won three games in a row, but they didn't want it?

Montreal sneaks out of town with a win.

Saskatchewan?

Whole bunch of nothing to talk about…like 24 - nothing.

5 games left for the Riders…Edmonton - 2 Calgary - 2 and a visit to Montreal.

Nothing to talk about there either.

9-9

Now, does the talk about acquiring Burris heat up again in Regina?

Don't be surprised if the Riders beat the Stamps on Friday. :)

Only a giant homer wouldn't be surprised by that

iso_55, on 27 Sept 2014 - 1:51 PM, said:

Burris won't help them as he chokes. Besides, why would he agree to come to a team where once DD returns, he'll be a backup? And the Riders can't afford his salary. I'm sure they are nearly or are over the cap now. 

Besides they would have to give up both Getzlaf and Bagg to get Burris, trust me, that's the only way Ottawa would negotiate with them, and I would laugh my ass off if that happened.  Any way you diced It up, Ottawa would be robbing someone by trading Burris, but their GM is 1000x worse than Joe Mack and has an ego as big as British Columbia, so I say it won't happen.  But I hope it does because Hank is a perfect fit for the Riders and will look good choking the life away in the playoffs lol.

Too bad it's too late for them to sign Elliot. Even he'd be an upgrade from that garbage last night

Cortez is a great OC but he is stubborn as hell. He is doing very little to help the young QBs. Not using Dressler until the 3rd quarter is on the OC.

he tried to get a running game going to give the young qb help but the OL got absolutely owned and the run game got nothing. That's the issue here, teams know that if they take away the run the young qb can't beat you with his arm, it's not going to get any better either. Sunseri fluked out the win against Ottawa because of one big play by Dressler, you take that away and the rider offense had nothing.

iso_55, on 27 Sept 2014 - 1:51 PM, said:

Burris won't help them as he chokes. Besides, why would he agree to come to a team where once DD returns, he'll be a backup? And the Riders can't afford his salary. I'm sure they are nearly or are over the cap now.

Besides they would have to give up both Getzlaf and Bagg to get Burris, trust me, that's the only way Ottawa would negotiate with them, and I would laugh my ass off if that happened. Any way you diced It up, Ottawa would be robbing someone by trading Burris, but their GM is 1000x worse than Joe Mack and has an ego as big as British Columbia, so I say it won't happen. But I hope it does because Hank is a perfect fit for the Riders and will look good choking the life away in the playoffs lol.

Pretty sure draft picks or other players would get a deal done too.

17to85, on 27 Sept 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

The thing that really blows my mind is the decision to pull Sunseri and put in Doege. Nothing like good old desperation to ruin your young qbs confidence. Now if they go back to him next game he's looking over his shoulder every time they don't connect on a play wondering when the hook is coming. The fact that Doege was no better and probably worse (at least Sunseri wasn't throwing suicide passes to receivers) just makes it all the more LOL worthy. Shame the Bombers gassed their matchups against this team because the state they're in right now is not good at all. 

Well, I can take comfort in the fact Rider nation is probably bitching away on RF about Bryant Turner Jr right now, and thanks to him, they have been eliminated from winning a Grey Cup this year.

Awful game all around by the Riders, they all looked drunk. Perhaps I was wrong about Sunseri stepping up, but then again the team around him isn't helping right now. Looks like without Durant the team has lost its heart & soul. Glad we got two more with Edm at home, Chamblin won't stand for this, be interesting to see what happens

Chamblin doesnt play QB. Cupboard's bare at QB, defense pulled the chute. If you cant get up for a big divisional game just a finger wag from the coach wont fix that.

Lots of similarities between this funk & the losing streak last season. I'm not ready to write Sunseri off yet. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

I am. Doege is our man. Sunseri doesn't know how to play football.

and what exactly did Doege show that makes you think that he knows how any better? He was crap as well and almost got a receiver killed on a meaningless play. Both qbs stank out loud and they both had the same problems. Telegraphing throws, no accuracy. 

My opinion is this: They determined that Sunseri was the better player which is why he was the backup, it would be incredibly stupid to try and switch course now. The only course of action until Durant is healthy is to stick with Sunseri and support him and give him all the rope he needs.

Nice job Desjardins, even the Bomber train wreck of 2013 found a way to win 3 games that season.

No surprise that the Esks squashed the Riders, even with Durant the Esks are the superior team when healthy. White is a freak.

Sorry but no, White is not a freak, give credit where credit is do. Their oline and blocking schemes deserve the lion's share of credit. Because tv doesn't show what all is going on, I'm hoping White, on top of his strong man poses, was appreciative of the gaping holes he received all night and plans to provide some Alberta beef to his hogs.

and what exactly did Doege show that makes you think that he knows how any better? He was crap as well and almost got a receiver killed on a meaningless play. Both qbs stank out loud and they both had the same problems. Telegraphing throws, no accuracy.

My opinion is this: They determined that Sunseri was the better player which is why he was the backup, it would be incredibly stupid to try and switch course now. The only course of action until Durant is healthy is to stick with Sunseri and support him and give him all the rope he needs.

No question Sunseri gets the start on Fri.

17to85, on 27 Sept 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

The thing that really blows my mind is the decision to pull Sunseri and put in Doege. Nothing like good old desperation to ruin your young qbs confidence. Now if they go back to him next game he's looking over his shoulder every time they don't connect on a play wondering when the hook is coming. The fact that Doege was no better and probably worse (at least Sunseri wasn't throwing suicide passes to receivers) just makes it all the more LOL worthy. Shame the Bombers gassed their matchups against this team because the state they're in right now is not good at all.

Well, I can take comfort in the fact Rider nation is probably bitching away on RF about Bryant Turner Jr right now, and thanks to him, they have been eliminated from winning a Grey Cup this year.

Well I take comfort in the fact that this shows just how valuable Durant is & that we have him locked up for years.

It just proves the old adage.  No matter how good your running game is, it's literally nothing if your passing game isn't a threat.

I also think the Riders just happen to be a team that matches up well against the Bombers' defence.  Edmonton has a little more beef in their front seven.  Couple that with an ineffective QB who's greener than grass, and the skids are well greased.

Ottawa coulda, woulda, shoulda have won three games in a row, but they didn't want it?

Saskatchewan?

9-9

Not really. Riders have a very good Oline & defence, both are just going through their annual midsession vacation. If Sunseri can start playing a bit better the Riders can still win football games. As we've seen the last few weeks, any team can beat anyone on any given day.

Saskatchewan?

9-9

Not really. Riders have a very good Oline & defence, both are just going through their annual midsession vacation. If Sunseri can start playing a bit better the Riders can still win football games. As we've seen the last few weeks, any team can beat anyone on any given day.
Yes after getting shut out I'm sure he has to play just teeny bit better.

54 yards and a pick. He's got a lot of work to do to get to terrible from god awful.

hope springs eternal for the homer.

BC put up a whopping 7 pts on the Stamps. Cgy lost to Mtl. Any team can beat anyone on any given day. Riders have a good team, sorry but that is a fact.

Let me guess, you wrote off the Riders last year during their 4 game losing streak?