Chris Matthews deleted from Seattle PR

M.O.A.B.

... and so it starts.

Tim Baines ‏@TimCBaines  20m

Seattle Seahawks have released WR Chris Matthews from practice squad. If he is looking at #CFL, look for #RedBlacks to be all over him.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that the Redblacks are interested. If Matthews is all about the money he will be in Ottawa.

... and so it starts.

Seattle Seahawks have released WR Chris Matthews from practice squad. If he is looking at #CFL, look for #RedBlacks to be all over him.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that the Redblacks are interested. If Matthews is all about the money he will be in Ottawa.

Hope he learned from Vega... (loyalty and not the money).

If Desjardins is looking for a guy who is maybe better than Matthews, trade for Williams from ticats... that guy will surely sign there for the $$$.

... and so it starts.

If Desjardins is looking for a guy who is maybe better than Matthews, trade for Williams from ticats... that guy will surely sign there for the $$$.

Williams is likely to wait until next year as he will be a free-agent and he unlikely has little interest in making peanuts playing for Austin.

... and so it starts.

Williams is likely to wait until next year as he will be a free-agent and he unlikely has little interest in making peanuts playing for Austin.

Williams will not play for Austin for sure. Austin will rather trade him now and get something or lose him for nothing.

Austin claims that there's no animosity between him and Williams, is not true and is just a ploy not to lower the trade value.

As much as I like CM, I'd sooner see a big RB brought in to spell off Grigsby.

Who says we can't have both?

never understood why people think we can only pick up one player

I don't know, maybe roster space? They just brought in 3 dlinemen. There's a big difference between brining a guy in for a cup of coffee and one that ends up in the starting lineup, without even getting into cap space and who you cut to make room.

As much as I like CM, I'd sooner see a big RB brought in to spell off Grigsby.

Who says we can't have both?

never understood why people think we can only pick up one player

I don't know, maybe roster space? They just brought in 3 dlinemen. There's a big difference between brining a guy in for a cup of coffee and one that ends up in the starting lineup, without even getting into cap space and who you cut to make room.

Or who suddenly develops a mysterious injury.

Also when is the vet cut deadline?  He could replace Bryant in a second.

I think Bryant made it past the cut off and is paid to the end of the year whether he plays or not.

Assuming it's true he's playing next game, then his statline in the Banjo Bowl better read 11 rec 125 yds 3 tds.

No pressure Romby.

Also when is the vet cut deadline?  He could replace Bryant in a second.

I think Bryant made it past the cut off and is paid to the end of the year whether he plays or not.

Assuming it's true he's playing next game, then his statline in the Banjo Bowl better read 11 rec 125 yds 3 tds.

No pressure Romby.

shiiit he'd be lucky to get that if he played every game for the rest of the year!

According to a tweet by Lawless, Matthews is waiting to see if there is any other NFL interest before coming back to the CFL.

Cam't blame him for that, but he seemed to leave on good terms with the Bombers, here's hoping he wants to come back here.

He waited 2 years for this opportunity, he's not going to close the book on it until all 31 other teams have been contacted.  Maybe he waits to see who gets injured early on in the season.  He's not necessarily in any rush to get back into the CFL.  As soon as he does, he closes the door on the NFL for another 2 years.

Now I don't think the chances of him landing a job are good.  There were enough WRs with name recognition released that the chances of an injury opening up a spot for him are almost nil.  But he does have practise roster eligibility on his side.

I wouldn't fault him at all if he takes the cash and goes to Ottawa.  Players are expendable, the CFL doesn't pay big money, if you have a shot at a payday you might as well take it, there may never be another one.

From Penton:

The Seattle Seahawks cut loose former Bombers receiver Chris Matthews from their practice roster on Wednesday, but that doesn’t mean he’s coming back to the CFL anytime soon.

The CFL’s 2012 rookie of the year will be visiting the Washington Redskins on Monday. His agent said the Redskins will likely work him out and then add him to their practice roster.

“He won’t come back there (to the CFL) unless all, all avenues have been explored,” Rodney Edwards said Thursday. “It’ll be a while.”

Edwards said even if Matthews doesn’t land an NFL job this season, he will wait until the end of the campaign to see if something pops up.

Matthews, a 6-foot-5, 225-pounder from Long Beach, Calif., caught 81 passes for 1,192 yards and seven touchdowns for the Bombers during the 2012 season, but he managed only 14 receptions for 138 yards and one TD during an injury-plagued 2013 campaign.

Even if Matthews does decide to return to the CFL, the Bombers do not own his rights. He is a CFL free agent, and there are the reports the expansion Ottawa RedBlacks are very interested in his services. Bombers general manager Kyle Walters told The Sun on the weekend that he is interested in bringing back the University of Kentucky product as well.

It appears they — and the rest of the CFL — will have to wait until next season at the earliest to woo him.

Matthews had three catches for 37 yards in three pre-season games for the Seahawks, who put him on their practice roster Sunday but removed him on Wednesday.

With Matthews no longer a possibility, do we make a move to trade for an established CFL vet? Maybe try to pry Green, Carter or even Brandon London out of Montreal?

How is Matthews not a possibility and no at prying any of those guys ...  why would Montreal trade Carter ,   Green is slightly over rated and London sucks

With Matthews no longer a possibility, do we make a move to trade for an established CFL vet? Maybe try to pry Green, Carter or even Brandon London out of Montreal?

How is Matthews not a possibility and no at prying any of those guys ... why would Montreal trade Carter , Green is slightly over rated and London sucks

Read the article I posted above.

No, that is very unlikely.  Probably should not be necessary either.  We have a PR with guys on it.  Give one a chance.  Moore isn't out for the season, in the meantime we might discover our next great receiver.  And if it involves any kind of pick it's probably a bad idea, big picture-wise.  Almost every need for this team to take the next step is a need involving a NI player/position.

But hey, if they want to take Kuale for one of those guys, thumbs up.

No, that is very unlikely.  Probably should not be necessary either.  We have a PR with guys on it.  Give one a chance.  Moore isn't out for the season, in the meantime we might discover our next great receiver.  And if it involves any kind of pick it's probably a bad idea, big picture-wise.  Almost every need for this team to take the next step is a need involving a NI player/position.

Aaron Kelly is a replacement level player and Romby Bryant isn't even at that level. Our receiving core is extremely shallow without Nick Moore in the lineup. For a team with a below average running game and competing for a playoff spot, we have to do better than Kelly & Romby for two of our three import receiver spots. I'm not suggesting selling the farm for anyone, but if someone like Green or even London can be acquired for a reasonable price I'd consider pulling the trigger.

Aaron Kelly is a replacement level player and Romby Bryant isn't even at that level. Our receiving core is extremely shallow without Nick Moore in the lineup. For a team with a below average running game and competing for a playoff spot, we have to do better than Kelly & Romby for two of our three import receiver spots. I'm not suggesting selling the farm for anyone, but if someone like Green or even London can be acquired for a reasonable price I'd consider pulling the trigger.

Nothing really needs to be said, does it?